Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (6th Aug) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else have trouble getting in? Both myself and my sons season tickets didnt work even though when you clicked on the details both had the game come up. The bint that scanned it said not bought. We had to queue up outside the ticket office to be made to feel stupid by some ticket office person who took ages to get us paper tickets so we could get in. No way to treat ST holders....when the fault clearly lies with the Tottenham ticket office. I was not the only one the wait to get it sorted was 30 minutes and the queue was longer when we left

Anyone else have trouble getting in? Both myself and my sons season tickets didnt work even though when you clicked on the details both had the game come up. The bint that scanned it said not bought. We had to queue up outside the ticket office to be made to feel stupid by some ticket office person who took ages to get us paper tickets so we could get in. No way to treat ST holders....when the fault clearly lies with the Tottenham ticket office. I was not the only one the wait to get it sorted was 30 minutes and the queue was longer when we left
I was fine but i did hear of a couple more who experienced similar issues.
There were a few gremlins for the first game, so many new staff didn't help but hopefully they get it right for the remainder of the season..
I hope you and your Son got to see the whole game?

I was fine but i did hear of a couple more who experienced similar issues.
There were a few gremlins for the first game, so many new staff didn't help but hopefully they get it right for the remainder of the season..
I hope you and your Son got to see the whole game?
We both got in about 2.30 but, it was annoying we had to queue up 3 times

I'm in block 259 row 51! First year at the new stadium I was in West Upper and it was way worse. I was thinking about moving closer as getting up all those stairs is a nightmare for me but I can't stand the whole game. Atmosphere yesterday was very good. Has been since the Newcastle game really.
Same here regarding the stairs pal. I had a serious illness around a year ago, and found the stairs really hard to deal with, once I was well enough to go again(Brentford). Luckily for me though, one of my pals in row 18, couldn't attend many games, so I used his empty seat. I was also lucky enough to get a move to row 18, on medical grounds.

Yeah I saw that today as I’m 4 rows behind you in that block. Never seen that happen before and it happened in row 20 too. Not on and needs reporting really.
I first noticed it late last season, as I was able to use my pal's empty seat in row 18, for a few games. More and more people are doing it now, because the stewards don't really seem to do anything. I was trying to get back to my seat with food and drink in both hands, just after goal no4, and struggled to get past all the donuts blocking the stairs( I missed goal 3 too 😭)

I thought Soton set themselves up all wrong, playing a similar system to ours allowed us to dominate the ball and subsequently push their fullbacks back with ours as we have better players. The oft feted JWP doesn't have the mobility or physical attributes to influence games enough and aside from his set pieces and the occasional cross he was missing in action apart from the goal which he took well. Dnepro is a fizzbanger - looks lively but produces little and I see them having a tough season ahead (and possibly a new manager with it).

As others have said, Bent and Kulu had excellent games with honourable mentions for Sess and Emerson, the rest solid. I was slightly disappointed with Kane who looked knackered but more annoyed with Son who failed to pass to him when Kane would've had a tap in (Kane bollocked him twice with definite justification both times).

Big test Sunday, we owe them one after last season but maybe Tuchel won't be as naive as Ralph and will play a 433 and look to dominate in midfield and overload against our fullbacks. If he plays the same system as us (which he did vs Everton to be fair) then it strengthens our chances as we are more used to playing it and will probably sit deep and hit them on the counter. Should be a very interesting battle.

I thought Soton set themselves up all wrong, playing a similar system to ours allowed us to dominate the ball and subsequently push their fullbacks back with ours as we have better players. The oft feted JWP doesn't have the mobility or physical attributes to influence games enough and aside from his set pieces and the occasional cross he was missing in action apart from the goal which he took well. Dnepro is a fizzbanger - looks lively but produces little and I see them having a tough season ahead (and possibly a new manager with it).

As others have said, Bent and Kulu had excellent games with honourable mentions for Sess and Emerson, the rest solid. I was slightly disappointed with Kane who looked knackered but more annoyed with Son who failed to pass to him when Kane would've had a tap in (Kane bollocked him twice with definite justification both times).

Big test Sunday, we owe them one after last season but maybe Tuchel won't be as naive as Ralph and will play a 433 and look to dominate in midfield and overload against our fullbacks. If he plays the same system as us (which he did vs Everton to be fair) then it strengthens our chances as we are more used to playing it and will probably sit deep and hit them on the counter. Should be a very interesting battle.

Southampton were awful. I was actually thinking this might be a tough opening game, with them being fresh and able to tear at us like they do sometimes. I get why Hassenhuttl tried something different, his 4222 was incompatible with his personnel at times, maybe the way they ran out of steam last year (we were pretty much h the last decent game they had - and that only lasted one half really) has scared him into trying to not to run his team into the ground to early this year. But I fear for them. You can only get players to charge around like nutters for so long, especially when the results aren't there. Maybe that's why they've brought some more youngsters in, he's killed the oldies...? (and JWP is such an overrated, ordinary footballer)

I'm really looking forward to the Chelsea game. Be really interesting to measure where we are at now, as we didn't lay a glove on them last year. Tuchel played 343 (or variations of) system for most of last year (and as you say, last week too) so I will be surprised if this isn't a match up.

I was wrong about this being a bad time to play Southampton, so maybe I'm wrong again, but this could be a good time to play Chelsea, they are going through some adjustments right now.

Southampton were awful. I was actually thinking this might be a tough opening game, with them being fresh and able to tear at us like they do sometimes. I get why Hassenhuttl tried something different, his 4222 was incompatible with his personnel at times, maybe the way they ran out of steam last year (we were pretty much h the last decent game they had - and that only lasted one half really) has scared him into trying to not to run his team into the ground to early this year. But I fear for them. You can only get players to charge around like nutters for so long, especially when the results aren't there. Maybe that's why they've brought some more youngsters in, he's killed the oldies...? (and JWP is such an overrated, ordinary footballer)

I'm really looking forward to the Chelsea game. Be really interesting to measure where we are at now, as we didn't lay a glove on them last year. Tuchel played 343 (or variations of) system for most of last year (and as you say, last week too) so I will be surprised if this isn't a match up.

I was wrong about this being a bad time to play Southampton, so maybe I'm wrong again, but this could be a good time to play Chelsea, they are going through some adjustments right now.
He's going with a back 4 today it seems...I was worried he might and I think it gives them the advantage unless we go full Man City away last season which we probably will.

Back
Top Bottom