Tottenham Hotspur v. Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally agree. What those that complain they can't get tickets & moan about how unfair the the system really mean is that it it is unfair they can't get tickets for the big games. I am almost 59, i left my house at 16.15 & got home 8 hours later. Im not playing the martyr, just saying that some of us are willing to go the extra mile to support our team.

That said, there are literally (& i mean literally) no trains on either Southern or Southeastern on Boxing day so i just can't physically get to that one. Big respect to anyone that gets there though,

It’s always been the way. I have always thought the guys who go to every away game are on a different level to most fans. That level of dedication is immense.

So I’ve got maximum respect for anyone going there this season. Just can’t stomach it anymore.

Reality is I don’t think I would have fell in love with going to Spurs as a child if it was the experience it is now.
Loved that feeling of the high road, the cramped stadium, the noise. Not the sterile experience we have right now.
Imagine if the football was shit like it used to be!

So I’ve dedicated my spare time to non league football this season. Opposite ends of the spectrum. Standing with 100 people on a Tuesday night in Bedfordshire!

It’s always been the way. I have always thought the guys who go to every away game are on a different level to most fans. That level of dedication is immense.

So I’ve got maximum respect for anyone going there this season. Just can’t stomach it anymore.

Reality is I don’t think I would have fell in love with going to Spurs as a child if it was the experience it is now.
Loved that feeling of the high road, the cramped stadium, the noise. Not the sterile experience we have right now.
Imagine if the football was shit like it used to be!

So I’ve dedicated my spare time to non league football this season. Opposite ends of the spectrum. Standing with 100 people on a Tuesday night in Bedfordshire!

Nothing wrong with Non League. Come on you Ks!

I am off to a non league game too where the crowd is expected to be around 120, but the experience will be far more pleasurable than shitty Wembley. The queue at the bar will be the same mind.

Agreed. I have driven there twice for music gigs. Never again.

There is a way by car. Park in one of the estates near Alperton tube station. There's a public footpath and bridge over the railway line that brings you out at the roundabout near Fatburger - about a 20 minute walk. Alperton is convenient for the A40 and the North Circ.
That's my route for Boxing day - now everyone stay away!

Back
Top Bottom