Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

get your cock out of AVB's arse ffs. So much bullshit in this post I can't actually be bothered to reply properly.

One thing I will say though is he brought Bentaleb on because he doesn't know Capoue so it would have been more of a risk bringing him on than Bentaleb in his mind.

Staggering how it got 10 agrees. Some people are never happy. Too defensive under AVB, too attacking under tim. I really don't understand our fans as a group sometimes.. There is no medium. It's one or the other.

Staggering how it got 10 agrees. Some people are never happy. Too defensive under AVB, too attacking under tim. I really don't understand our fans as a group sometimes.. There is no medium. It's one or the other.

The fact that it did might suggest I wasnt alone in thinking there were issues?

We are too attacking under Tim, in so much as defense seems less than an after thought. If he could tighten up the midfield and still get us to attack with that same freedom Id think he was fucking amazing.

We are too attacking under Tim, in so much as defense seems less than an after thought. If he could tighten up the midfield and still get us to attack with that same freedom Id think he was fucking amazing.

Give him a chance! He's only had 180 minutes and our first choice DM is injured! ;)

We need to stop pulling sides on whether we attack or defend, hold the middle etc….
Its not the way you play, that needs to be questioned? Its how you play with the players available. Against Southampton, we attacked in numbers and at times foolhardy. Defensively we were exposed at times with the CB struggling to hold their own? There is nothing wrong with this, if the players can cope individually ( + out score the opposition).
Its all about quality of player. There is no reason why, this style, can not be the right way forward, if the players step up to the mark. Every player, in a successful team is at their best. ~ so its not the way you play, its using the players to their best abilities. At the moment we are short of quality because of injuries, suspension and confidence.
There is no reason why we can't sort out these problems? At the 'end of the day' its 11 v 11. best 11 win!

Sandro would do that job well upon return. Not saying it's going to solve our defensive problems but will tighten up things nicely in the midfield.

Sandro would do that job well upon return. Not saying it's going to solve our defensive problems but will tighten up things nicely in the midfield.

So would Capoue have.

People talk of injury, we had Holtby and Capoue on the bench. I would argue both could have started!

If Sherwood was so intent on being gung ho surely Capoue sitting and shielding the defence was a better option than Dembele struggling as the only CM in the team?

Joke performances last season, due to playing for a joke of a manager.

Look at how soldado performed under AVB, how would you describe those performances?

Sorry but if Adebayor performed in even half the games he played in, and if I recall was given plenty of opportunity to do so our joke of a manager maybe would have got more than 72 points last season. I suppose the away game against Woolwich was AVBs fault for him getting sent off too.

If you are blaming AVB for Adebayor and Soldado I suppose you are also not crediting him with Bale, Sandro and Vertonghen's performances last season.

Chuffed with the result. Another excellent win on the road. Southampton have been good at home this season - to take 3 points cannot be understated.

I'm still not sure 4-4-2 is the way to go. Eriksen is one of our best players, and he doesn't really fit into that formation, unless we play a diamond midfield and have Sandro/Capoue on the pitch holding. The flat 4 across the middle is outdated, and we would have conceded more against a better side, possibly without the 3 goals as well.

Defensively we were poor. I actually thought Rose was the worst of them. He seemed shaky when defending and didn't link up with Siggy going forward. Speaking of Siggy, why oh why do we play him on the left? THAT IS NOT HIS POSITION. HE'S NOT EVEN LEFT FOOTED FOR FUCK SAKE. Chadli is a natural winger - I don't know why he was sat on the bench from the start. It makes no sense. It annoyed me when AVB done it (endlessly), and it annoys me know. Stop it, Tim. He has no attributes to suggest he is a winger.

Lamela looked low on confidence, never really putting 100% into beating his man or getting a shot off. But I think we should keep playing him - it'll come. No point constantly starting him/dropping him.

Adebayor was excellent again (as he was against West Ham). I just pray that he continues his form and we see the Ade of 2 years ago. If so, we will have great competition for places and a good crack at top 4.

Lloris needs to be more stable between the posts. Punching from corners is one thing (which annoys the fuck out of me) but mistiming his runs out of goal is costing us. The pen against Man Utd was only a couple weeks ago.

It was nice to see Nabil get on, but if I was Holtby I'd have been pretty pissed off. He has been one of our best players of late, and he gets snubbed for an unproven youngster. I know the boys need a chance at some point, and he did nothing wrong when he came on, but Holtby isn't old either, and recent game time has done him the world of good. He can play in a flat 4, and should start instead of Dembélé next game, who I thought was poor (and has been this season).

Still don't want Timmy given a contract, but I am not liking a lot of the names linked with us either. The latest - Van Gaal. Just no.

Sorry but if Adebayor performed in even half the games he played in, and if I recall was given plenty of opportunity to do so our joke of a manager maybe would have got more than 72 points last season. I suppose the away game against Woolwich was AVBs fault for him getting sent off too.

If you are blaming AVB for Adebayor and Soldado I suppose you are also not crediting him with Bale, Sandro and Vertonghen's performances last season.

Had Bale and Sandro not performed well the season before last you may have had a point however the fact all our strikers were "off form" last season and again this season until the recent change in managers speaks volumes.

I didn't feel we were poor at the back (CB) because the players are poor. I feel, there was a misunderstanding with what they were supposed to do? Southampton pulled the CB apart and with Dawson's enthusiasm oblidging and Vlad was left exposed.

The over attacking was perfect for this game (if still very dangerous at times), but we can't go all out like this against the teams who will punish us more easily. Was just what was needed at the time, though.

When it was 1-0 graham le Saux said that Soldado and Ade didn't look like they could link up together. Seriously- you can't make this stuff up.

I would really love tv coverage without commentary.

I don't understand how people are complaining about an away win against Southampton, who held City to 1 goal last week.
I also do not understand how people are complaining about a substitution that worked.

So would Capoue have.

People talk of injury, we had Holtby and Capoue on the bench. I would argue both could have started!

If Sherwood was so intent on being gung ho surely Capoue sitting and shielding the defence was a better option than Dembele struggling as the only CM in the team?
It would appear not - because we won and scored 3 goals in a game for the first time this season.
Fear of failure is fear of trying to succeed. I like the principle of scoring more than the opposition, and if we win 5-4 or 3-2 its better than bringing on the bus drivers to secure a 2-2.

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees

and all that good stuff.

No?

Back
Top Bottom