Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are we not the only London club to return from the Britannica with all three points this season? Only second team all year to win there? Not bad.

Decent performance from the guys aside from a couple (Lennon and Paulinho), really pleased to see the center backs playing so well. Strikers did well in tandem of one dropping back to receive or defend if needed with the other staying high, and also did well staying off each other's toes.
Really? the other way round for me, only a couple played well ( daws, kaboul and hugo) and the rest was shocking even eriksen.

I've been on the Oatcake forum but registration is suspended. I got banned from there before for threatening to set fire to one of their posters.. they are a touchy bunch.
Read the match report from today there's comments like 1-0 to the referee and we were all over them even with 10 men.

No you misunderstand mate. They banned you because they haven't discovered fire yet and feared your wizardry

Look, we played shit after they started booing but so would most teams who have nothing to play for. We held on though and Dawson showed his doubters how good he is.

Really? the other way round for me, only a couple played well ( daws, kaboul and hugo) and the rest was shocking even eriksen.

Eriksen didn't have a great game, I'll certainly concede that. But he did have some nice balls to decent areas to maintain possession and actually got a bit stuck in for this one. Nowhere close to a perfect game, but I certainly wouldn't call his performance "shocking." Ade and Kane were decent aside from Kane's two-touch whiff late in the first half. Really, really poorly taken. But for me, more than anything I was just pleased to see the lack of straight up mistakes, especially from the back line.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are we not the only London club to return from the Britannica with all three points this season? Only second team all year to win there? Not bad.

Decent performance from the guys aside from a couple (Lennon and Paulinho), really pleased to see the center backs playing so well. Strikers did well in tandem of one dropping back to receive or defend if needed with the other staying high, and also did well staying off each other's toes.
I disagree, Paulinho played well for the most part, by that team's standard, he got about, hassled, tacked. I wasn't disappointed by his performance.

Ratings:
Lloris -6 nothing to do
Naughton -7 pretty good performance
Dawson -7.5 MOTM
Kaboul -7 Good performance but gave away one costly pass
Rose -7 good performance, shame the fans got to him

Lennon -5 poor
Chadli 5.5 poor
Paulinho 5.5 poor
Eriksen 6 poor by his standards

(I dont think any of our midfielders did well today)

Ade -6.5 Anonymous but great play for the goal
Kane -6 Held the ball up well, didnt provide much else

Subs:
Fryers -6.5 didnt do much wrong
Siggs - 7 took all the pressure off of us
Townsend -N/A

I'm not sure games against Stoke will ever be classic examples of the beautiful game- because they play ugly, physical football. I'm pretty pleased with the result & a clean sheet. Looking forward to watching it later with a Stella or two.

Back
Top Bottom