Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MrS said:
Sorry to make a point of this…against City you switch off but Sunderland you keep watching...
Fair comments Mr S. But I don't think it's the same, because at the stadium your support counts, or can do, if like me you loudly back the team.

Me turning my telly off has no effect on the team whatsoever.
I just can't bear to see us lose. I turned off the game v Toon when they scored as well, but not against Fulham.

Even if Pool score first, I shall continue watching on Sunday.

Hate to say it mate, but you've turned off against City & Newcastle (we lost both) but looky-looky what happened when you carried on watching against Fulham & Sunderland!!

I'd say your viewing habits are having a DIRECT effect on our results!

I'd superglue the tv switch to ON if I were you... even if you have to watch the game like this;
alex_eyes.jpg

Hate to say it mate, but you've turned off against City & Newcastle (we lost both) but looky-looky what happened when you carried on watching against Fulham & Sunderland!!

I'd say your viewing habits are having a DIRECT effect on our results!

I'd superglue the tv switch to ON if I were you... even if you have to watch the game like this;
alex_eyes.jpg
Okay, okay, I'll take the rap, boss.

I'm staying fixed in front of da box on Sunday, oh and Thursday and Wednesday week :)

...as far as I know, the FA still haven't got around to just awarding TWO points for a win ONLY gained by the 'undeserving luck of the o.g' ...it's still the regulation '3' points!

So that's THAT argument put to bed!

Was at the match on Sat, a few thoughts.

Initially was concerned beforehand about us not starting Sandro and Capoue playing Centre Half as the Dembele and Paulinho combination has had mixed success lately. However I thought we bossed possession although Sunderland initially had the best chances up until they scored and Lennon seemed to be moving inside to the Striker position next to Defoe, I wonder if he's fully fit or if this was tactical? I dunno what Lloris was thinking not looking to catch the cross for Johnson's goal? He needs to take after Pat Jennings!
Great response to their goal and instinct from Paulinho to stab it over the line after Chadli I think flicked it back first. After that it was one-way traffic, we did well to put in a dangerous cross for the OG which demonstrates the importance of getting more crosses into the box as we can get that luck sometimes. They brought Cattermole in but AVB seemed to telegraph that move by putting Sandro on to give him a Tiger Uppercut!
I thought in parts we played some of the best football we've played this season and it stemmed from really simple triangular passes and Holtby seemed like a little metronome, ever hungry and enthusiastic to keep things ticking!

Thought it was touch and go depending on the result but 2 wins in a week on the road has given us a bit of respite! COYS

Back
Top Bottom