Tottenham Hotspur v. Swansea (H) - The Wayne Routledge Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Off the back a win over a NEWLY PROMOTED side, by means of a PENALTY, what happy surprises await us at the lane on Sunday? A hat trick from our number 9 would do nicely (when was the last time that happened? Possibly Berba way back in 2007?!)

It should be an attractive game of football, given Swansea's desire to play Barça-esque tippy-tappy football - but hopefully the French Tank & Sandro will be able to batter them in midfield.

With the NLD just around the corner it would be great to build some momentum and go to the Effemirates full of confidence.

I'll be bringing the girlfriend down to the Lane to pop her Spurs cherry so hopefully she won't be a jinx...

#COYS

:sandroscream:

OK, the last time I was at the Lane, we won 9-1 (Wigan, shitloads of time ago. With a goal by a David Bentley). I am coming back now. Expect miracles to happen.

erm. we've got a game on thursday first don't we?
FAIL
tumblr_m7joe0OkrM1qfw2dno1_400.gif

OK, the last time I was at the Lane, we won 9-1 (Wigan, shitloads of time ago. With a goal by a David Bentley). I am coming back now. Expect miracles to happen.
That was somehow 4 seasons ago. First year of University, I was blind drunk that day and didn't realise the game had happened until I got a text saying 'fuck me, 9!' from a number I didn't know. Didn't even piece that together for a while still.

I sense, I sense...there is a boy. He looks a bit like a monkey. He's on the substitute bill. I see him getting ready to come on after 60 minutes. He drinks his Lucozade. No, he pours it all over his face. He looks disgruntled, in fact a little bit angry, while he stands on the touchline with his hands aloft, waiting to be tag-teamed into action by Nacer Chadli. But Chadli won't get off the pitch in a hurry. Two minutes later, after he's finally brought into action, he's running towards the corner flag chasing a cheeky through ball from Rose. Angel Rangel is closer to the ball, but the thudding sound of fast-paced man-hooves from the elegant knight in white satin has caught his attention now. He decides to go for him instead. Then all I see is darkness.

yanited ended up tonking this lot BUT the score was not a fair reflection of the match

Swansea were by far the better team first half but yanited were ruthless infront of goal plus when Bony came on he links up really well with Michu. We will need to be on top form to get the 3 points, plus the new Spanish bloke canas looked a good player to in their midfield

this match will be a proper test....

First game at the lane for me. Been to a few games with my dad in the Netherlands when I was younger. (NEC and PSV I believe, both 2008, Europa League?)

Seriously, can't wait :love:

Momentum into the NLD is key, they have 2 tricly away games, (Fenerbache and Fulham) No premature predictions but they will already be worrying about this fixture. Bony looked very strong when he came on, which centre back pairing for this game?

Back
Top Bottom