Tottenham Hotspur v. Swansea (H) - The Wayne Routledge Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh come on cerable. Bale is exactly that.

The player that can open up a teams defences.

FFS.

Bale is not a playmaker. He is not in the same mould as Modric, Mata, Silva or say Eriksen.

He was primarily a winger, who then adapted to play as a kind of inside forward. He was never an out and out playmaker.

He can open up defences but not in the same manner as the aforementioned players.

How good was Capoue?!!...sandro may have a hard time cementing a starting position over him. hope we can rotate all the players equally. Great depth in our squad. They couldnt get past our mids. We only need for them to gel. 2 clean sheets !

Bale is not a playmaker. He is not in the same mould as Modric, Mata, Silva or say Eriksen.

He was primarily a winger, who then adapted to play as a kind of inside forward. He was never an out and out playmaker.

He can open up defences but not in the same manner as the aforementioned players.

If i was to sum up Bale's position and part in the squad it would be like the guy in a band who is really good, and everyone talks about while all the others band members contributions never get mentioned, and he just solo's over everyone else, but does it so well that noone cares, That's bale

Also, quite interestingly, yet also startlingly obvious, is that we were comfortably ahead of them with the passing pre goal. We only let them play their game once we scored. That is my only real worry from today.
Interesting. At the goal, we were at 310/354 passing. Swansea were at 248/305. Considering they ended up out-passing us (381 to 427), that definitely seems right. And it is maybe a bit worrying.

But then look at where that passing came from:
8hzQn8K.png

Before the goal, they had nearly no penetration in our half, much less our third. But once we let them start passing after the goal (don't pay attention to the Spurs side):
SE72TtC.png

They're still barely penetrating, though they did have a bit more activity through the middle in our half. They had four attempts on goal (three saved by Lloris, one wide) before our goal, and three afterward (two saved, one wide).

So I'm not sure. As I mentioned in the match chat, around the 70th minute I thought they looked most likely to score… Bony was causing trouble, maybe. But then we adapted and closed them down. I was calm toward the end and knew that it'd take a fluke to even up the score.

2 games 6 points to start the season, 2 penalties given and converted, midfielders bossing around the opposition and the team grinding out victories. This is not the same Spurs team that I am accustomed to and have grown to love...

Interesting. At the goal, we were at 310/354 passing. Swansea were at 248/305. Considering they ended up out-passing us (381 to 427), that definitely seems right. And it is maybe a bit worrying.

8hzQn8K.png

Before the goal, they had nearly no penetration in our half, much less our third. But once we let them start passing after the goal (don't pay attention to the Spurs side):
SE72TtC.png

They're still barely penetrating, though they did have a bit more activity through the middle in our half. They had four attempts on goal (three saved by Lloris, one wide) before our goal, and three afterward (two saved, one wide).

So I'm not sure. As I mentioned in the match chat, around the 70th minute I thought they looked most likely to score… Bony was causing trouble, maybe. But then we adapted and closed them down. I was calm toward the end and knew that it'd take a fluke to even up the score.

You need to bare in mind that Swansea were playing for a draw (Vorm time wasting at 0-0). They were very patient and hoped to catch us on the counter, which didn't happen. When we got the goal, that left them no choice than to switch to being more attack minded.

8hzQn8K.png

SE72TtC.png

Blatant 'I speak French' post

If football was just about wining, I wouldn't watch it. There has to be some entertainment value, and over the last year (with exception to Bale) we have been lacking it.

We have scraped through two relatively simple fixtures, and next week we are playing our greatest rivals, who despite a bad first game are now looking pretty good. I wish next Sunday's fixture had come a little later.

I

We have scraped through two relatively simple fixtures, and next week we are playing our greatest rivals, who despite a bad first game are now looking pretty good. I wish next Sunday's fixture had come a little later.

The funny thing is, I bet the gooners with a brain are thinking the total opposite.

How exactly are Woolwich looking pretty good? Because they beat Fulham, despite being torn apart for long spells? They didnt dominate the game, and they were destroyed by Villa. It seems like you only go on results for them, which you claim not to for us..

Can you please actually answer that question by the way?

@ Mr Always Right Mr Always Right . I like the way we play. The swashbuckling style of Redknapp let shit like the Real Madrid horror show, Inter Milan away and Young Boys happen. No other big club would have looked so vulnerable in the big games as us and I hated that about us. It wasn't edge of your seat exciting, it was terrifying. If that's the football you like to watch, fine. I don't, that's all.

must say that i understand the people that are dissapointed by our playing style , its modern football with a focus on winning, its sensible football. That's apparantly what it takes to reach the top.

Back
Top Bottom