Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Poch is still here it'll be

Lloris (it's only a career threatening injury, he'll be fine. Remember that save he made a few months ago ?)

Sissoko (hey buddy, I'll get you in somewhere)
Toby (You were once good, I'll pick you even though you've gone to shit and want out)
Jan (See above)
Rose (See above....)

Dier (Good to have you back Eric, you too were good a few years ago)
Winks (You were good last year, except now you play with your back to goal 30 yards from your own goal and give it away a lot)
Eriksen (You must play. You're Plan A,B,C right through to Z infinity)
Alli (you'll come good again......I hope)

Son (Got me out of a pickle so many times, hopefully you'll do it again)
Kane (You simply can't be dropped, it's against the law)

I’ve really enjoyed enjoyed this last 10 days without any Spurs. Another four days of holidays still. I really feel my quality of life has improved and I’m fretting a lot less.

Sanchez looked great when he got thrust in for the 2017/18 season when Toby was out. I think playing week in week out really benefits him. Playing sporadically doesn't suit him. I think its time we give him the regular game time now, not fucking RB just CB.

Bloke next to me said to his mate when Watford scored - "Fuck this I'm off, I will never set foot in this stadium again!"
I was shocked.

He actually left after 7 mins!!

So fucking sick of platitudes all week telling us everything is going to be okay, followed up by a plate of warm sick come matchday.

Almost embarrassing that we managed to get a draw there. If Watford weren't so shit they'd have put us to the sword on the counter. Fuck knows how many Liverpool are going to put past us in a week.

I said we were playing shit last season. And got hammered for saying so.
Do you still think not signing a single player last summer, or, indeed, the following January, has no bearing on this carnage?
Be honest with yourself
I genuinely don’t understand how not signing anyone in 2018 has made:

Dele shite
Eriksen shite
Jan and Toby “get old”
Poch drop Sanchez for a year
Poch stick with Rose when Davies was better
Lloris make mistakes
The defence pass to Lloris
The team not press
Sanchez a RB
KWP abandoned
Janssen not used for 4 years
The total abandonment of a DM
Lloris still captain
The team concede in 10 minutes every week
The team not defend corners
The team have no confidence
Players not sign contracts
Players not like the training
Players not like the diamond
Poch play the diamond
Poch make poor subs
Poch talk shit
Poch sell Trippier
Poch not play Lo Celso before he was injured
Poch not use Ndombele in his best role
Poch drop Moura for the CL final

International break comes at a great time, it gives us a good chance to regroup and have those really important “clear the air talks”.

Players like Alli should not be despondent being dropped by England but instead look for the positives, like using the extended time off to really focus on his next fashion collection👏🏻

It also gives Jan & Toby some rest bite from the fast paced Premier league action to really sit down with their agents and throughly plan their next move and make sure their pay is adequate for players of their stature, never underestimate making a hasty decision lads as they almost never end well, so use this time wisely to dot all the I’s and cross all the T’s, I would hate for either of you to under sell yourselves👌

This time will also give Eriksen a chance to go on Danish TV yet again and repeat for about the 9 millionth time that he isn’t, i repeat isn’t signing a new deal at Spurs....Ah if only Poch & Levy had Danish TV🙄

It also give Hugo more time to recover before being thrust back into action, although Eric Dier had his fucking tonsils removed and was out for a year so Hugo should be back by 2024 with a dislocated shoulder🙏🏻

With all our global superstars away our youth players will get more one on one time with the manager to prove to him that Sissoko should play right back and making the match day squad is just a waste of a good Saturday afternoon but it beats shopping with the wife👠👜

And finally old McLevy finally has a break to look over the cash registers after a busy start to the season with all these new highly expensive experiences for the fan, and of course the NFL circus rolling into town as well....💷💰💶💰💷

Carlsberg don’t do international breaks, but if they did🏆

The project is over.

It was at its peak in our last season at the lane .
We done well at Wembley, but it’s come to an end.

Players running down contracts and a manager that has run out of ideas and doesn’t have the heart for it any more.

I’ve never wanted a season to end so early.

Sadly it’s time for Poch to go. Too Utd I expect. When it happens I don’t know, but it won’t be too long before Utd make an offer for him.

I hate to change the manager and start again, I like the feeling of consistency , but let’s be honest this can’t go on can it.

I’m drinking. Heavily. Was pissed before I got home. Now I’m on the Guinness. I don’t even drink fucking Guinness. Please don’t give me another ‘90s’ year or another Sherwood year. I’ve had a ST since 1996. Please spare me Lord. I can’t take it any more. Was last season a sick torment of a dream? CL Final? Fucking joke. Shambles all round. Big stupid stadium of corporate misery. Fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom