Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As you said Levy takes too long to do a deal or he offers a silly price just like he did to Palace for Zaha which we know for a fact as their chairman confirmed it on the radio at the time and did the same with few other PL players. Soon no body wants to deal with Levy, would you? I wouldn't.

Fuck yeh..... Zaha gonna save us. Funny how no other club's been dumb enough to pay Palace's insane asking price though isn't it.

....Or maybe buying "prem proven" Grielish from the championship. Where have all the other 40m suitors been since?

Lest we forget Barkley, he's done the sum total of not a lot since joining the Chavs (whilst notably being kept out of the England team by the likes of Winks & Dele during said period).

Razor sharp analysis as always, champ!

Last edited:
The football under Redknapp was 1000000000000000000000000% better and fuck how many CL finals we have got to.

Poch is still here for one reason and one reason only, a fluky semi final result. Anyone who doubts that just needs to Google results for Ramos, Redknapp and Poch over their last thirty PL games to see Levy's hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy implies Levy has come out and said he doesn't sack managers for poor results. It's not a bad thing that Levy has more faith in Poch than he's had in previous managers but it's also a lot more logical to sack someone when you have 2 points from 8 games or the manager is whoring himself out to the FA.

Blame towards what though?

You never said; you just hitched a ride on a debate about us not buying enough players....

...And now you're back to the implication that we aren't bringing players in.

The upshot to most of the complaining here (not just you) is that the players aren't good enough.... IF true, blame the scouts/manager, not the guy that signs the cheques.

The blame is for not bringing them soon enough and haggling too much.

I don't think Levy thinks he's a scout at any time of the day, so he's not responsible for the quality of the players. Speaking of which, bad decisions from Poch aside in terms of signing players, I don't think our scouts are really that good...

The football under Redknapp was 1000000000000000000000000% better

We rarely dominated teams under HR, as certainly not as regularly as we did in our pomp under Poch and every season had shitty 1-0 losses to low table teams which undermined our points tally.

Poch is still here for one reason and one reason only, a fluky semi final result. Anyone who doubts that just needs to Google results for Ramos, Redknapp and Poch over their last thirty PL games to see Levy's hypocrisy.

2 from 8 games got Ramos the sack.
HR sacked for reasons other than mere form.

Last edited:
Shut up, you tedious cunt. Alderweireld and Sanchez no better.

Blow it out your arse you wanker. Their's were just sins of trying and failing, Sissoko's was one of not fucking bothering. Again. Like Newcastle. Like Villa. Like fucking Brighton.

I wouldn't have picked Alderweireld for the last three weeks either, but that dopey cunt is at the epicentre of everything wrong with this club and it's manager. Stupid signings, stupid contracts, Stupid manager, making stupid choices and getting stupid performances.

Last edited:
The blame is for not bringing them soon enough and haggling too much.

That's an alleged cause. The cause of what is my question?

- We've furnished Poch with 4.8 players per year.
- Poch approved all but all of them.

If the squad isn't good enough, how does your complaint correlate; bearing in mind the idea that we don't sign players has already been thoroughly debunked....?

Players you want aren't always available when you want them... Case in point, Lo Celso being away with Argentina and Betis holding out for a bidding war which never came (the latter part of which also related to Ndombele but we still had him in a month or so before the season started). Players trickling in throughout the course of a window is the norm for a club.... All deals to be done in July is not a realistic expectation for any club.... Maybe unless you're in the market for not particularly desirable players, but otherwise, when it happens it's a bonus.

Blow it out your arse you wanker. Their's were just sins of trying and failing, Sissoko's was one of not fucking bothering. Again. Like Newcastle. Like Villa. Like fucking Brighton.

I wouldn't have picked Alderweireld for the last three weeks either, but [Sissoko] is at the epicentre of everything wrong with this club and it's manager. Stupid signings, stupid contracts, Stupid manager, making stupid choices and getting stupid performances.

He really isn't.....

New development: So MS is now to blame for us making poor signings too now?

Silly, Blakey.

He really isn't.....

New development: So MS is now to blame for us making poor signings too now?

Silly, Blakey.

No, he was a poor signing. A poor signing that Poch has doubled down on by continually picking.

If you buy and play stupid players, you are going to get teams that do stupid things. Like continually letting people run off you when you tell them not to.

No, he was a poor signing. A poor signing that Poch has doubled down on by continually picking.

That's not what you said tho'... You said:

[Sissoko] is at the epicentre of everything wrong with this club

...And listed off a bunch of stuff in plural form; notably "contractS" and "signingS".

You may claim he's emblematic of our problems, but that's a different story.

Less rage, more haste, old boy.

What I find really sad is that the situation has us all turning on each other viciously. We are the fans who love and support the team and attend whenever we can and this forum has now become as toxic as anything going on behind the scenes at Spurs.

Have the players given up or are some players comfortable in going through the motions and knowing they are safe and will be picked regardless.

Poch is to blame for whatever has gone wrong, but his constant picking of Jan, Toby and Danny as a default is killing us. Serge is more up and down than a hoor's knickers, but the other three have been constantly shite.

Dav keeps getting the blame, but I can't think of one goal he has cost us this season unlike the other four around him today.
That's interesting. Don't you forget the goal scored by Newcasttle ?

If we'd got Dybala it would have been amazing. No chance he will ever come to us now though. I think expectations for the sort of players we can attract is going to have to be lowered again after this season.

Cannot believe we totally, totally wasted the potential to go forward that reaching the Champions League final offered. We're capitulating so absolutely that if it was happening to anyone else I would be finding it absolutely fucking hilarious. I don't think we'll get relegated as we are simply too rich to fall out of the Premier League now but it is kind of the natural conclusion of where we're headed.

We don't know what happened behind the scenes, but it's quite obvious that Levy wanted to buy a RB for less than he had already sold Walker. This has been our strategy and it can work if we sign the right players. In this case, we didn't. I think there's plenty of evidence that Poch doesn't have an eye for a player so I'd put Aurier on him.

I don't have a problem with Levy not spending record fees for players. My main gripe is that he takes too long to bring in players and some potential deals don't even materialize as a result. This is what has been plaguing us every transfer window and I don't see it changing unfortunately.
There wasn’t a RB who cost 50M to buy.
Man City were absolutely fleeced for an average player who can’t even get in the England squad ahead of Trippier and Wan Bissaka.

He had to spend less on a RB because no RB was worth that fee.
We got Moura and Aurier for Walker.

People keep pretending we signed nobody in 2018.

What I find really sad is that the situation has us all turning on each other viciously. We are the fans who love and support the team and attend whenever we can and this forum has now become as toxic as anything going on behind the scenes at Spurs.

Dont be ridiculous...
We turn on each other at the best of times .

:)

I've never felt more demotivated as a fan than I do right now. The 3-0 against Brighton was the point where I felt Poch had to go and I'm just waiting for him to either leave or be removed. I want us to lose so Levy can't keep pretending there isn't a problem.

Even when we were at the bottom of the league with Ramos, I always wanted us to win. I hate this situation and I hate Levy for putting us through it.

I've never felt more demotivated as a fan than I do right now. The 3-0 against Brighton was the point where I felt Poch had to go and I'm just waiting for him to either leave or be removed. I want us to lose so Levy can't keep pretending there isn't a problem.

Even when we were at the bottom of the league with Ramos, I always wanted us to win. I hate this situation and I hate Levy for putting us through it.

It’s 100% because Levy doesn’t want to have to pay the compensation. Poch should walk, if he really had any class. But he won’t.
Levy should just tin tack him, but is probably waiting for United to come in for Poch, or a scenario where he doesn’t have to fork out money.

When, in reality, if we miss out on the champions league (or, more unlikely) or drop out of the league, we’d lose far more money than the 30m or so he’d be paying out.
This manager is sticking with systems and players that aren’t working.

Every dropped point and poor performance is a week closer to an unfixable situation. 9 games into the league, it’s still salvageable. But only if there’s a change. The manager and players aren’t showing any. And you can only change one of those.

Back
Top Bottom