Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could he be the solution to our problems atm?:

images

He saves souls, surely he could save our season! :levylol:

Bjorn Borg? What's he going to do?

Definitely 2 points dropped. We were crying out for a DM in that line up. The gap between the back four and Midfield in the first half was embarrassing. WBA exploited this gap on far too many occasions.but
A more experienced coach would have exploited it even more but we were lucky they had an interim boss.

Nothing but 3 points against Stoke Sunday will do. They had two players sent off so will be depleted some what.

On the plus side good to see Dany Rose have a decent game.

Last edited:
By far and away Vlad's worst game in a Spurs shirt today.
yes,the last 2 matches he was out of form (after the knee injury) he need a rest (pause) 2 weeks i think ,my prediction,to be back in fit,but the club risking too much with him now (or the manager Sherwood,because the hospital is full with Spurs players,from 4 Spurs central defenders,just 1 player is ok in fit (Dawson) ,Chiriches is at half of his potential (almost 50% in fitness) ,Vertonghen and Kaboul (out)

Surprise coming now ,he wasn't the worst from the pitch (at least not the last) he made some good statistics,only weak spot was at "one on one" duels ,because he's injured,Vlad was beaten at speed by Vydra (WBA player) ,here his weak fit was obvious,i see him nervous,because of that,and i saw him saying insults (in romanian ,of course :) ) something about "your mother vagina..." to one of his team mates (dunno who :))i laughed seeing that on TV...

HIS wrong passes to his opponents coming with some big "booo" of Spurs fans from the stadium ,that made him more nervous,and persisted in errors (especially the first half,the second half was much better ,he don't wrong almost with nothing in the second half)

jqqc.jpg
ves3.jpg

ymld.jpg

OK ,from 15 matches in Spurs shirt ,last 2 matches was under his normal condition,let remind you all some results of Spurs without him in the pitch:
Man.City - Spurs 6-0 (Dawson-Kaboul central defenders)
Spurs - Liverpool 0-5 (Dawson-Capoue)

When Chiriches played with Dawson or Vertonghen, Spurs results are good and very good,
Chiriches playing bad:
Saints - Spurs 2-3 (Dawson-Chiriches)
Spurs- WBA 1-1 (Dawson-Chiriches) so ,4 points won, not ZERO ...at least even Vlad playing bad ,Spurs earned points.

I'm a little upset seeing that some fans turns against him (probable many don't know that he play injured currently) and the rest of his good matches was quickly forgotten (his matches before injury) ,his goal vs Fulham ,ignite in the heaven many fans,exactly after this match,he gets knee injury, exactly in the day with Sunderland (away),from that day ,everything turns bad,i don't know why the manager and the club use him now ,because it's obviously the player has a problem now ,he need a pause ,a resting time ,like i said maybe at least 2 weeks out from the pitch

initial verdict made by doctors after the knee injury said very clear :ONE MONTH OUT !!! so ,why the club force him in the pitch after just 7 days ??? with injections before the match kick-off... expose him very much now...

Last edited:
i forgot to say,yesterday ,Sherwood use 2 attacking central midfielders (Holtby and Eriksen) in front of Dawson and Chiriches,NOT even one defensive midfielder,both central defenders being exposed by quick counter-attacks made by WBA players in the middle of the pitch...dunno if someone from this forum observed that,come on ,at least one defensive midfielder as starter to help more central defenders is needed ,if you want to play offensive (Sherwood),you risk then too much...

Kaboul is still suffering from his injury last year, hence why he hasn't played much this year. Vertonghen, Townsend, Dembele and Lennon had all featured regularly for AVB so I can't see your point here either. Sandro is also still recovering from previous injuries. Have I missed anyone out?
This is my point. I find it odd that all these players have been injured under AVBs watch and other players as, Rose, Vlad,Erilsen etc... Have all seem to suffer injuries at some point. This is not normal , there is something wrong. Whether its poor traiNng, monitoring, playing the lathagic football under AVB or not allowing players to harden up for the season by resting them between games. AVB was the coach?
I have always believed, you play your best team every game. Players want to play every game.

alright lads, calm down, it's his 3rd game in charge, you guys are making it out like we're in the relegation zone, it will come together

Yep I agree, they will click soon, for me though, we definitely need a DM in place. We were exposed far too often against a poor poor side. The gap between the back four and midfield was blatantly obvious.
This should have been addressed after the first or second time it happened but it continued.

Sandro and Vert will sort out this problem.

Yep I agree, they will click soon, for me though, we definitely need a DM in place. We were exposed far too often against a poor poor side. The gap between the back four and midfield was blatantly obvious.
This should have been addressed after the first or second time it happened but it continued.

Sandro and Vert will sort out this problem.

exactly, if he learns to put a defensive midfielder next game, then we can progress, one game is not the end of the world, some spurs fans need to learn that i think

I was out all day and night yesterday so this is my first reaction to this game;

Bulldoze the Paxton with everyone in it. Useless cunts who don't deserve to watch us. I left on the 70th and retreated back to the Bill Nick because I couldnt take the groaning, the negativity, and the shouting abuse at our players. I said it before on this forum, and I should have stuck to my word. "I'll never take another ticket for Spurs if it is in the North Stand"

I came away hating our own fans.

As another poster has said give the man a chance. He has took 4 points from 2 premier league games. I sure as hell didnt expect all three points from Southampton away, so factor it in and relax.

Dawson was poor, Vlad was shitter agreed but we need better than dawson if we are to compete.
That may well be the case but Daws is the best we have available ATM and the continued attacks on him are something I really don't like.

Early in the season when we had Walker Daws Verts and Rose as the back 4, we weren't conceding much. From that fateful moment Rose got injured the problems begain a big way.

If we are to compete, we need better than Lamela, Kaboul, Naughton,Defoe, Friedel, Soldado, Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho, Capoue, Vlad, Eriksen, Holtby, Ade and your point is :)

We can't compete ATM because we're not good enough. Many people overrated our squad, me included, at the start of the season. But I was quicker to see than many others that we're not top 4 material this season.

EDIT - The key point to competing is not to do with any player it's changing our owners or at least their MO. And that I've been saying for years. The only realistic way to break into the cartel, is to go down the billionaire benefactor route a la Chelsea and City. Dawson's lack of pace, Kaboul and Sandro's injuries, etc all pale into insignificance compared to the root problem. Lack of sufficent cash and ambition.

Last edited:
I was out all day and night yesterday so this is my first reaction to this game;

Bulldoze the Paxton with everyone in it. Useless cunts who don't deserve to watch us. I left on the 70th and retreated back to the Bill Nick because I couldnt take the groaning, the negativity, and the shouting abuse at our players. I said it before on this forum, and I should have stuck to my word. "I'll never take another ticket for Spurs if it is in the North Stand"

I came away hating our own fans.

As another poster has said give the man a chance. He has took 4 points from 2 premier league games. I sure as hell didnt expect all three points from Southampton away, so factor it in and relax.

I know that feeling oh so well BHS. The last time I was in the Paxton it was an absolute nightmare, probably as much for the people I ended up having rows with and those listening to the 'debates' as myself. Going to the Lane in recent years (thankfully I've cured myself of the addiction nowadays) and reading forums has resulted in me disliking/hating a large proportion of Spurs fans.

But at least forums cost me nothing and I don't get wet reading them :)

Back
Top Bottom