Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really? He won us free kicks takes the ball forward and keeps it there. He can't do it alone. And doesn't help the defence just hoofing it

He rarely wins free kicks, more often than not when he moves the ball forward he ends up losing it, rarely makes a pass, is not good at receiving passes and isn’t effective at making runs to open up space or keep the defenders honest.

At least with Son or Bergwijn on the pitch the defense has to respect his ability to run into open space, with Moura coming on there was offensive threat coming from that position.

Moura offers zero but running around and he doesn’t even do that effectively.

I have to ask: Is this the worse Mourinho's defense? I have every confidence in his defense setup not to concede more than 2 goals so not sure how WH can grab 3! OK, the last goal was a worldie but that was from a stupid mistake from Winks thinking he is N'D for a second there. Even peak Barca could not get 3 goals past Inter.
I know that football is a team game but I can pin this draw down to Sanchez and Wink. Sorry to post this but it should not be a draw and we only blame ourselves.

Just calming down enough to post. Been away so I've missed a lot of what's been happening. Is Doherty injured? And I've no idea who this Rondon guy is. Sounds like the monster from Godzilla.
My personal takeaways from this game are fairly simple.
We STILL don't play a game of 2 equal halves. Why is it that one half is so often better than the other? No consistency.
Playerwise, although I have taken flak over a couple of seasons for my opinion of Sanchez, I still feel we will never be a serious challenge with him anywhere near the squad. It's important for all the players to show some intelligence but I've given up with him and Serge.
I'm not even sure he has any real ball skills.
Aurier also continues to make stupid mistakes. He's too wild and is always a danger for giving away kicks, penalties etc.
Thought Bale showed he still has all his ability but needs time. He will come good. I have no doubt.
We are now running like a Rolls but with a couple of Ford spare parts. Never reaching it's potential We need to replace those parts with originals. not after market stuff.
Even in the splendid 1st half. on the occasions they attacked. our defense looked wobbly and Moyes saw that.
That's why they came out all guns blazing in the 2nd half. If we continue to play Sanchez, Aurier, and Sissoko, we won't challenge for much. OTOH, with stronger cleverer players and the strength of the rest of the squad, we really should be challenging for the title. City and Pool are off the boil. Woolwich are 2nd rate. Scum are ordinary at best.
If we don't throw away points like this. then they won't come back to bite us in the arse later in the season.

Off to India on Tuesday to try and slow the virus which is spreading at an astonishing speed out there. Looking forward to the food!!! Cricket, not football over there.

Spurs can do it this season, especially CL qualifying but that back line has to change.
Blimey, hats off to you for heading out to India. Isn't there anything you can do for the benefit of good old Blightly? Good luck, and stay safe.

I have to ask: Is this the worse Mourinho's defense? I have every confidence in his defense setup not to concede more than 2 goals so not sure how WH can grab 3! OK, the last goal was a worldie but that was from a stupid mistake from Winks thinking he is N'D for a second there. Even peak Barca could not get 3 goals past Inter.
I know that football is a team game but I can pin this draw down to Sanchez and Wink. Sorry to post this but it should not be a draw and we only blame ourselves.
Maybe, but Jose needs to realise he doesn’t have Terry and Carvalho, or Lucio and Samuel at CB. This isn’t a defence you should be relying on to “sit back”.

Our approach in the 2nd half was poor. We should have killed the game off but were seemingly content to allow a very average West Ham side to dominate possession and territory.

With the team and players we have right now, we should always be looking to attack.

Its done guys try not to dwell.

I've seen enough this season to comfortably feel like we will get top 4 at the very least. Just outscore the opp.
Agreed. But If spurs won today, they only sitting behind Villa and Everton. League is completely wide open and spurs clearly have the pieces. Blowing 4 points probably do much more harm on league title chances than top4. Today’s result was pretty important and all together terrible

Maybe, but Jose needs to realise he doesn’t have Terry and Carvalho, or Lucio and Samuel at CB. This isn’t a defence you should be relying on to “sit back”.

Our approach in the 2nd half was poor. We should have killed the game off but were seemingly content to allow a very average West Ham side to dominate possession and territory.

With the team and players we have right now, we should always be looking to attack.
This is spot on. Aurier and Sanchez in that BL is a football dynamic you shouldn’t feed into evah. And spurs paid the price dearly on the last 2 west ham goals. Stay aggressive and finish west ham off. You’d think Jose learned his lesson after that debacle vs Newcastle.

Kill the game off? You could say that against Newcastle but at 3-0 82 mins the game is already dead. Do we really need to score 4-5 to win games now?

True, but given the small sample size of 3 matches that'll turn around very quickly. Besides, all three are pretty explainable beyond the pure result:

1. Lost to, as it turns out, a very good Everton side. We were poor, definitely our worst performance of the season, and hadn't made all our signings yet. It was still a close game.

2. Smashed the ever loving fuck out of Newcastle and somehow only led by a goal before a widely condemned bullshit VAR handball penalty.

3. Today, initially blew West Ham away and then collapsed in the most improbable fashion to draw. You wouldn't have those last ten minutes happen again if you ran the match 1000 times - but for the finest of margins we would be discussing a good win that made us sweat at the end.

While I do think home advantage has gone out of the window while stadia are empty, the '2 points from 9' narrative for our PL home games really doesn't tell the whole story.
Well we got 2 points from 9 in an empty home stadium. That's what it tells me. Game was over and even at 3-1/3-2 we needed to be cunts and do whatever we needed to close it out. Short passes, fall over at the slightest touch. Run it into corners. We can blame VAR against Newcastle and not killing it off but today the game was OVER yet we draw. I think it tells more than the whole story

Still fuming and this one is gonna take a while to shrug off.. One positive I can take is thank fuck I wasn't there - that journey home would have been horrific.

Simply have to stop throwing games/points away. That's it. No more Spurs ffs.

We're going to be constantly reminded of this game later down the road. The 'what if' scenarios are going to inevitably come up.

Guys we need to come together and stop being so fucking thickle, I purposely didn't post straight away because my emotions were running high, after some time to reflect, it was a very decent performance again just a few things still lacking defensively and mentality wise

The football is so much better now and we should be greatful because many did not see that happening, letting a 3-0 lead slip in the last 10 is not acceptable, however losing our heads and slating the team is going overboard - I'm not a fan of winks but I've seen people go in on him hard for a 15min display where his really done nothing wrong. Give it time, if we keep playing like this and improve a bit defensively we should still be in the running come christmas

Kill the game off? You could say that against Newcastle but at 3-0 82 mins the game is already dead. Do we really need to score 4-5 to win games now?
"already dead"? Yeah I thought so as well but I have to rethink about this Spurs defense. Dier used to make stupid mistakes but you can see he improved greatly so not sure why Sanchez can't do the same. I think that given another 10 minutes, WH would have score another 2 goals.
The only good thing about this match is to see Bale and the Spurs first half over/under 1.5 bet I put down.

Back
Top Bottom