Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

you all know how complacent youd become after being three nil up right? especially that early in a game .... then believe the vicotry was locked in given it was the 80th odd minute....

Up to a point i'd agree.... but imagine if Bale had've done that... we'd be bemoaning the fact that Jose had already turned him into a Welsh Fellani!!

To be fair to Bale (and most of our expectations) a player with his ability was simply attempting the one thing he knows how to do, that would ultimately kill off the game... and that was to try scoring a 4th!

I don't, nor won't blame him for at least trying! Same as someone who steps up to take a spot kick in a shoot out, but misses... you can't blame them for having the guts to step up (unless it was as flimsy as Gedson's against Norwich in the cup, in which case, fuck him!!)

Had Bale tried to get himself fouled and failed, (or, heaven forbid, not had the 'nous' to get himself fouled in the first place) and simply lost possession trying, the outcome still would've been the ball up at our end... and our goal under threat... then it's down to the defenc..... oh!

Yes, it's not one person's fault, it's a collective... all 3 of their goals had multiple 'moments' in their build up where numerous Spurs players could've changed the course. of the game... but they didn't... and here we are still picking up the pieces in disbelief!
Kane & Son did their bit by putting us in a seemingly unassailable position in no time at all... and you could argue that the team as a whole had done their bit up until the 82nd minute to close the game out, even allowing for a consolation at 3-1...
2 collective brain farts later, and the world caves in!

Personally I blame the twat who tweetwatted about "Us bringing on Bale, and them bringing on Lanzini" ...if that wasn't the moment we all should've put an 'in-play' tenner on the 3-3- draw, I dunno what was!

Not sure who would complain if bale did that. It's the last minute. You'd expect Ronaldo Messi or any player to do that. Yes he could lose the ball but I think only aurier could start in front of the man and with one touch and bounce of the ball end up behind him and end up fouling. But tbh yes it's not just about that one moment. We could have done this anywhere on the pitch. But just saying that was the best chance to kill a couple of minutes.

Think from now on I'll be putting bets against us. I never a win so it will probab have the opposite effect. At worst, we won't win anything but least I'll be rich!

We have to learn from this game. Hopefully in the grand scheme of things we will and it will turn out for the better. Im sceptical that will be the case knowing us, but thats what winning clubs do. About time we did too.

Back
Top Bottom