Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These international friendliest seem insane with everything that’s going on, not to mention the rammed schedule and pointless nature of them.
Agreed. There are 6 weeks of International breaks in the middle of this season, including far too many friendlies, it's mad. I'd much rather FIFA, UEFA and friends sit down and sort their shit out. Organise something like a four/five week window at the end of every season when all International qualifying matches are played and then leave the rest of the year free for national leagues to sort a fixture list that ensures player welfare.

Who knows who we'll have fit after international duty. But I love writing a team sheet, although the one I think Jose will pick - not the one I would.

Lloris
Aurier
Sanchez
Dier
Reguilon
Lo Celso
Hojbjerg
Ndombele
Bale
Kane
Son

Hart - Davies - Toby - Sissoko - Winks - Lamela - Moura

I reckon he'll throw Bale in there straight away. Give them something to think about! :mourthumb:

Hopefully Moyes will be out of isolation by then.

[FORMATION=4231, Lloris, Doherty, Toby, Dier, Reguilon, Højbjerg, Ndombele, Bergwijn, Lo Celso, Son, Kane][/FORMATION]

Ly0d5AA.jpg

Hart, Davies, Toby, Winks, Moura, Bergwijn, Vinicius

or

ri2d6b6.jpg

Hart, Doherty, Toby, Sissoko, Moura, Lamela, Vinicius
Tanganga and Aurier on the right side of our defensive line up. Quite possibly the most error strewn combo you could have chosen - short of selecting me and Mrs Perryman
I hope you dont gamble, or it's going to be a tough winter.

Do you guys agree that Lamela so far this season is the most stand-out winger in our squad, besides Sonny? And we should use that?

He's been great but I wouldn't start him ahead of a trio of Son, Kane, Bale in the next game. Certainly will get plenty of game time, either in rotation or off the bench. Need to manage his fitness cleverly too.

He's been great but I wouldn't start him ahead of a trio of Son, Kane, Bale in the next game. Certainly will get plenty of game time, either in rotation or off the bench. Need to manage his fitness cleverly too.

You're right about Bale, but i somehow doubt that Bale will be enough fit to start that game, unfortunately. And i still think we will need Gareth the most and at his best when City/'Woolwich/Chelsea/LFC things start.

Do you guys agree that Lamela so far this season is the most stand-out winger in our squad, besides Sonny? And we should use that?
In my opinion I rather see Lamela play than Lucas (at this moment)

Why?
- Lucas positioning and running patterns bother me a bit. I don't see him making the runs out wide and do some good combo's with our FB's. He's playing too close to Kane and is very often not doing enough to make himself available for a pass imo.
- Also I believe Lamela and Ndombele play very well together: Tanguy likes to direct the ball straight into the final 3rd and Lamela is very willing to receive the ball even if he has 5 people around him. (I should point out that this willingness of Erik leads to a lot of wasted chances as well though).

People moan about international friendlies and then moan again when England get to a tournament and look like they've never met their team mates.

Personally, I think England have been both unwatchable and, despite hype, nowhere near challenging, since 96
In fact, at times when I feel Spurs are shit, I just watch half an England game to recentre myself.

Bin the friendlies, bin the lot. Aint worth the effort anymore for anything other than a bunch of gammons who get to screem "Inglund till I die"

If Bale and Lamela play in the same team does the world end?

------------------Hugo-------------------
Aurier---Sanchez---Dier---Reguilon
----------------- Højbjerg----------------
----------Lamela-----NDombele-------
----Bale---------Kane-----------Son----

Works for me LoCelso/Bale cover IMO at the moment, defences are rubbish = attack, attack, attack.

Back
Top Bottom