Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The good thing about Bale is that he's used to being analysed forensically, microscopically.

He will do what he does.

And score a hat trick.

Glastonbury tip: Opiates aid constipation. :freund:

I have a story about being at Glasto and needing a shit whilst tripping...

I’d just dropped a couple of microdots and all fine and dandy, feeling great, and then I think to myself I haven’t had a shit since I arrived and it’s been two days. Fucking great, now that thought is in my head, eating away at me.

So I’m walking along with my mates going wherever the fuck we were going high as kites, and I’m like boys, hold up, I need a shit. I start to feel a turtle head in my pants and quickly become anxious. Shit, I need a shit.

Luckily there are some toilets nearby, you know, the stinky ones with the metal green doors lined up in rows where you can see people’s feet as they curl one out. So I go in a cubicle and fuck me, what a nightmare... scary enough when you’re sober as a judge, never mind being in a hallucinogenic state. I whip my pants down - thank fuck, no turtle head; it was just my imagination.

So I take a dump, again not pleasant due to my mental state at the time, wipe up and meet back up with my mates. And then it comes back, that little gremlin telling me I need a shit, quick have a shit, you can feel the shit coming out of your arse and filling up your pants. I had to proper focus to get the thought out of my head and tell myself you don’t need a shit, you just had one.

We ended up going to the Avalon tent to see The Proclaimers and they were fucking amazing.

The moral of the story is: when you’re at Glasto and about to do acid, make sure you’ve had a nice big shit first. I came close to having a bad trip or maybe even worse...

Hope I'm wrong, but I think our biggest problem in this game might be getting the ball in the net past 10 defenders and a goalie.

The earlier we score the better - and don't let them sucker us into a breakaway goal. Our defence will need to be ultra sharp and no silly free kicks.
Yes, I don't want a game like we had at Wembley, when they scored with their one shot on goal and we managed to get a draw!

I’d just dropped a couple of microdots and all fine and dandy, feeling great, and then I think to myself I haven’t had a shit since I arrived and it’s been two days. Fucking great, now that thought is in my head, eating away at me.

So I’m walking along with my mates going wherever the fuck we were going high as kites, and I’m like boys, hold up, I need a shit. I start to feel a turtle head in my pants and quickly become anxious. Shit, I need a shit.

Luckily there are some toilets nearby, you know, the stinky ones with the metal green doors lined up in rows where you can see people’s feet as they curl one out. So I go in a cubicle and fuck me, what a nightmare... scary enough when you’re sober as a judge, never mind being in a hallucinogenic state. I whip my pants down - thank fuck, no turtle head; it was just my imagination.

So I take a dump, again not pleasant due to my mental state at the time, wipe up and meet back up with my mates. And then it comes back, that little gremlin telling me I need a shit, quick have a shit, you can feel the shit coming out of your arse and filling up your pants. I had to proper focus to get the thought out of my head and tell myself you don’t need a shit, you just had one.

We ended up going to the Avalon tent to see The Proclaimers and they were fucking amazing.

The moral of the story is: when you’re at Glasto and about to do acid, make sure you’ve had a nice big shit first. I came close to having a bad trip or maybe even worse...

I know the ones...

Tell ya what tho'.... Those porta-cabin ones can be really fucking intense after dark!

I remember back int the day, similar to your story, we were all ambling about late at night at the end of the weekend and one of my mates decided it would probably be less grim to drop a load in one of the ditches that seperate the various fields (and also double as urinals for those too hammered to queue)..... Anyway our matey drops his kecks, squats and goes about his business... Next thing we know we hear a soggy splash and a yelp only to turn round and see homeboy climbing back out of the ditch dripping with who knows what!

Talking about bad trip... Having to walk around wearing a coat of sewage for the rest of the night! Respect to my boy..... Handled it like a trooper..... That would have broken a lesser man!

Should we not fall into the usual trap of being over confident? As stated by others the spammers have had good recent success with their game plan. I can see that working on us if we are not careful. Let’s go into each game as if it’s a cup final without being over confident and take the oppo seriously and just try to get the job done. If we do it with a swagger all the better but let’s not get ahead of ourselves as we have had massive disappointment in the past in similar circumstances.

Thanks for sharing

:mong:

Hahahahhahahaha

This is pure glasto material.

Been there brother!

Should we not fall into the usual trap of being over confident? As stated by others the spammers have had good recent success with their game plan. I can see that working on us if we are not careful. Let’s go into each game as if it’s a cup final without being over confident and take the oppo seriously and just try to get the job done. If we do it with a swagger all the better but let’s not get ahead of ourselves as we have had massive disappointment in the past in similar circumstances.
This.

How many times must we go into a game with these guys over confident only to end up getting burned?

Let's go into this game professionally and take them seriously. As much as we like to laugh at them we have to take them seriously for 90 minutes.

I know the ones...

Tell ya what tho'.... Those porta-cabin ones can be really fucking intense after dark!

I remember back int the day, similar to your story, we were all ambling about late at night at the end of the weekend and one of my mates decided it would probably be less grim to drop a load in one of the ditches that seperate the various fields (and also double as urinals for those too hammered to queue)..... Anyway our matey drops his kecks, squats and goes about his business... Next thing we know we hear a soggy splash and a yelp only to turn round and see homeboy climbing back out of the ditch dripping with who knows what!

Talking about bad trip... Having to walk around wearing a coat of sewage for the rest of the night! Respect to my boy..... Handled it like a trooper..... That would have broken a lesser man!

I'm surprised there's any greenery left at Glasto with all the toxic shit and piss everywhere. My mates best tip for the festival was never set up camp at the bottom of a hill or slope lest you find yourself in the middle of a 'golden' river.

There seems to be a popular opinion that West Ham will sit deep and defend with 10 men. I actually think this would be an awful tactic for them.

Spurs are strong in attack and our weakness is our defence. Sergio, Dier, Doherty, Toby, Aurier all been on international duty. Doherty / Sergio new to the squad. I can absolutely see them going for a goal in the first 30 minutes before shutting up shop. Would at all surprise me if we go in half time 1 or 2 goals down; only to mount an epic comeback in the 2nd.

There seems to be a popular opinion that West Ham will sit deep and defend with 10 men. I actually think this would be an awful tactic for them.

Spurs are strong in attack and our weakness is our defence. Sergio, Dier, Doherty, Toby, Aurier all been on international duty. Doherty / Sergio new to the squad. I can absolutely see them going for a goal in the first 30 minutes before shutting up shop. Would at all surprise me if we go in half time 1 or 2 goals down; only to mount an epic comeback in the 2nd.

It would surprise and disappoint me. Shut up you tit. We're playing West Ham not Barcelona. As much as I don't think it will be a 'walk in the park', I don't expect us to be going in at half time a goal or two down. Simple as that.

Hahahahhahahaha

This is pure glasto material.

Been there brother!

I went back in 2001, Bowie, Moby, Perfect Circle, Elastica, Muse, Toploader, Nine Inch Nails, Chemical Brothers, Cyprus Hill, Ocean Colour scene, David Grey, Pet Shop boys. Fucking amazing lineup for just about every musical taste, and as I like everything from classical to metal to pop I loved it.
Shame about Travis headlining the main stage as they were utter shit and a bit of a one album wonder.

I remain convinced that after four days of drink, drugs and no sleep that a Little Chef Olympic breakfast and a pot of tea on the way home saved my life

Back
Top Bottom