Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Difference between Westham and us. They win today, this will make their season. Them beating Spurs is their highlight. Us beating them, we just laugh in their face. Forever in our shadow you bunch of chav pikey mugs!!!

How a fan of any other club that has barely any success can criticise another clubs success is beyond me.

I know, they are incredible. If there’s any set of supporters that are hard on our club, it’s Spurs. We are anything but deluded. We are a big club though and West Ham fans can’t seem to grasp or accept that because they are so mediocre and have been since existence. Actually try and have a history first west ham before criticising Spurs you Bunch Jelly eel munching cunts!!!

I know, they are incredible. If there’s any set of supporters that are hard on our club, it’s Spurs. We are anything but deluded. We are a big club though and West Ham fans can’t seem to grasp or accept that because they are so mediocre and have been since existence. Actually try and have a history first west ham before criticising Spurs you Bunch Jelly eel munching cunts!!!

Even though we haven't won anything in 12 years, I can't remember a time where we've criticised the likes of what Woolwich or Chelsea have won or haven't won. We may have said Chelsea have won it through the help of a billionaire and their success is a bit hollow but it'd be fucking silly of us to laugh at a trophyless season from either of them when we do it regularly.

If West Ham want to laugh at anything, perhaps it should be themselves.

From their match thread...

We're deluded? They still think they won the world cup in 1966!

Also:

- "Academy Of Football"
- "West Ham Way"
- "We should be challenging for Europe"..... Errrrr, why? You're a yo-yo club...... 3 words "Astra fucking goo-goo".
- "Spurs haven't won the league since the 60's" VS WH have never won the league.
- 2 wins and "success" beckons.
- Take the piss out of OUR stadium yet look at the state of their rented shithole.
- Spurs 17 major trophies (+ 7 charity shields) VS WH 4 trophies (the last of which was 40 years ago!

....But yeh... We're deluded.

Last edited:
So I am absolutely buzzing for today's game, making lamb with spiced gravy for lunch, staying in my pj's all day and locking the door, not that there are any visitors anyway due to the lock downs here in Reykjavik.

Anyway, from my observations and perspective of an outsider I have noticed something on this forum.
My favourite reads are the "matches" forums from previous games while waiting for the match to start.....

.....and you guys are absolutely brutal with the players when they make mistakes, then if the player/s redeem themselves, they are absolutely worshipped, like it never happened. Total roller coaster ride of written emotions. Back and forth for 90 minutes. Then either its jubilation if Spurs win, or calling for sacking of players/managers if we lose.......then all is forgotten until the next game, rinse repeat. Its like watching a Jekyll and Hyde show.

I guess you guys call it passion, I'm still not sure what to make of it to be honest.o_O😁 It's been most addictive reading the matches forums.

So I am absolutely buzzing for today's game, making lamb with spiced gravy for lunch, staying in my pj's all day and locking the door, not that there are any visitors anyway due to the lock downs here in Reykjavik.

Anyway, from my observations and perspective of an outsider I have noticed something on this forum.
My favourite reads are the "matches" forums from previous games while waiting for the match to start.....

.....and you guys are absolutely brutal with the players when they make mistakes, then if the player/s redeem themselves, they are absolutely worshipped, like it never happened. Total roller coaster ride of written emotions. Back and forth for 90 minutes. Then either its jubilation if Spurs win, or calling for sacking of players/managers if we lose.......then all is forgotten until the next game, rinse repeat. Its like watching a Jekyll and Hyde show.

I guess you guys call it passion, I'm still not sure what to make of it to be honest.o_O😁 It's been most addictive reading the matches forums.

Pjs all day and Lamb with spiced gravy....
Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

Sounds look a good day to me. I'm doing my best to match it. Spending all day in my pants and have a rustlers burger and a crate of peroni.

Yeah it's a pretty brutal forum - players are either dogshit or godlike. There is no inbetween :)

Oh, and don't consider yourself an outsider. You're one of us now.

:adegrin:

The rest of us call them "knee jerk-melts"..... Enjoy the show. :)

Think the lack of crowd actually helps us here too.

Usually we might go into this game as excited as we are. Then the crowd start to get abit anxious if we haven't scored which can get on the players abit.
I've been thinking that too. When clubs come to NWHL they up their game because they really want to be able to own the occasion. Having a full house makes it more special for them.

Trying to analyse the behaviour of posters on this forum will drive you to lunacy yourself

A match thread is compelling reading ... I always think if anyone is studying the social sciences there’s a thesis right there

Back
Top Bottom