Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So I am absolutely buzzing for today's game, making lamb with spiced gravy for lunch, staying in my pj's all day and locking the door, not that there are any visitors anyway due to the lock downs here in Reykjavik.

Anyway, from my observations and perspective of an outsider I have noticed something on this forum.
My favourite reads are the "matches" forums from previous games while waiting for the match to start.....

.....and you guys are absolutely brutal with the players when they make mistakes, then if the player/s redeem themselves, they are absolutely worshipped, like it never happened. Total roller coaster ride of written emotions. Back and forth for 90 minutes. Then either its jubilation if Spurs win, or calling for sacking of players/managers if we lose.......then all is forgotten until the next game, rinse repeat. Its like watching a Jekyll and Hyde show.

I guess you guys call it passion, I'm still not sure what to make of it to be honest.o_O😁 It's been most addictive reading the matches forums.

With the expectation levels currently very high you can expect today's to be a match thread on steroids

So I am absolutely buzzing for today's game, making lamb with spiced gravy for lunch, staying in my pj's all day and locking the door, not that there are any visitors anyway due to the lock downs here in Reykjavik.

Anyway, from my observations and perspective of an outsider I have noticed something on this forum.
My favourite reads are the "matches" forums from previous games while waiting for the match to start.....

.....and you guys are absolutely brutal with the players when they make mistakes, then if the player/s redeem themselves, they are absolutely worshipped, like it never happened. Total roller coaster ride of written emotions. Back and forth for 90 minutes. Then either its jubilation if Spurs win, or calling for sacking of players/managers if we lose.......then all is forgotten until the next game, rinse repeat. Its like watching a Jekyll and Hyde show.

I guess you guys call it passion, I'm still not sure what to make of it to be honest.o_O😁 It's been most addictive reading the matches forums.

Just you wait until West Ham go one nil up.

:mourshock:

From their match thread...

We're deluded? They still think they won the world cup in 1966!
I genuinely don't know who these Spurs fans are that give it the big and claim we're this big massive successful club.

we're a self aware self deprecating bunch. Really odd take.

I genuinely don't know who these Spurs fans are that give it the big and claim we're this big massive successful club.

we're a self aware self deprecating bunch. Really odd take.

Apparently believing yourself to be a bigger club than WH means you think you're as big as Real Madrid.

Spam-logic. :avbcringe:

......More Spam-logic:

:harrylol:

I have repeatedly bitch slapped my inner Spurs pessimist and affirmed that this positive momentum will not got tits up! We’re getting a big W today!

sad arrested development GIF

Just read a previous post of yours. Do you follow both Spurs and the Mancs?

oh dear. Getting REALLY nervous now.

COME ON YOU SPURS
A few more solid wins under our belt and you'll start to believe, the nervousness will fade and turn into optimism and confidence. You'll put the match on your TV with a positive attitude and simply wait for Spurs to score, never imagining the opposition will come near to getting a goal. Trust me
:mourthumb:

But for today you are allowed to worry yourself sick until we have the 3 pts in the bag, I know I will

Had another bet.
Son to score a hat trick and Spurs to win 6-1 at 500/1.

Suffice to say, I'm feeling a little confident about today!
:dude:

Will buy lots of groceries for sure

Or a round or three at the Falcon or the Brewers!

Back
Top Bottom