Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Goal 1 - Between Sissoko and Sanchez, neither of them attacked the cross
Goal 2 - Sergio and Moura failed to block the cross. Sanchez brain farted
Goal 3 - Winks brain fart. Should have punted the ball out of the stadium; instead took a dinky touch.

Bale missing all the more painful, as I had 20$ on a 4-2 win at 35/1 odds.
That would hurt. At least when Bale missed he can still look forward to his 600k weekly cheque which may ease the result.

Is it wrong that this game still hurts?

I think it's 'cos of the classic trap I let myself get sucked into...
that this time it would be different.... we had Bale now, we were 3-0 up... with 8 minutes left!
3-1? mere consolation, surely...?
3-2 you say...? ah well, same as Jose's first game, we saw that out and he'd only had a day or so with the team back then.... now he's had time to instill his discipline... Jose teams don't concede 3 goals in 8 mins!
...the inevitability of their equaliser was based on past Spurs teams who were weak... but not this one... this team is differoooooh for fuck's sake!

Cover it some more, you've got a lot of making up to do.
You’ve had quite a while to think of a suitable repost

Is that really the best you can do?

Why not just admit it that spouted off without bothering to read my earlier posts about him???

Or you were pissed or both?

I think I’ve explained my position quite clearly

As a matter of interest have you ever been wrong about a player before??

We have a great team but there are things to correct. We lack veteran to handle the key momentsof the game. Evidently Sanchez cannot play as a starter but I am going to something deeper,wich was already talked about in the documentary "All or nothing"We lack a certain "evil".

You’ve had quite a while to think of a suitable repost

Is that really the best you can do?

Why not just admit it that spouted off without bothering to read my earlier posts about him???

Or you were pissed or both?

I think I’ve explained my position quite clearly

As a matter of interest have you ever been wrong about a player before??

There's wrong Baz, and then there's saying Sissoko is a great footballer wrong....

We are all wrong from time to time, but that's abusing the privilege.

There's wrong Baz, and then there's saying Sissoko is a great footballer wrong....

We are all wrong from time to time, but that's abusing the privilege.
Please quote me anywhere where I seriously suggested that Sissoko was a great footballer

I just defended him saying he wasn’t quite as bad as people like you or rather just you were saying

I was always aware of his faults but for a while he looked as though he might overcome them
Sadly for us this season and towards the end of last season he hasn’t!
So get rid

Do you agree that Aurier Sanchez Moura and Winks should join him?

Although yesterday was more of a capitulation, I think the Newcastle result was the one that worried me more.

Against Newcastle, we didn't take our chances and, as so often happens in football, were punished for it - that will definitely happen again if we're so wasteful in front of goal.

Winning 3-0 with 8 minutes to go and somehow throwing the game away is a freak occurrence.

But the fact remains that we have dropped four points that should never have been dropped from the final kick of our last two home games.

At the end of the season I'll be adding those points onto our final tally to see what might have been.

It worries me that it's that game that worried you more. Sometimes you come across a keeper having his best game.
Goal 1 - Between Sissoko and Sanchez, neither of them attacked the cross
Goal 2 - Sergio and Moura failed to block the cross. Sanchez brain farted
Goal 3 - Winks brain fart. Should have punted the ball out of the stadium; instead took a dinky touch.

Bale missing all the more painful, as I had 20$ on a 4-2 win at 35/1 odds.
he was stretching to dinky touch it. still goes back to bale not running to the corner instead of trying to go for goal. from the goal kick it. There is lots of what ifs but when you have the ball in the 92 minute with no one near you, you run it as far away as possible and just fucking stand there and get pushed over. Its easy to blame the person who didnt do what they should have done just before the goal but the attacking players also need to take the flak for the last 10 mins. more so when it was 3-2 going into added time. win the ball, keep it. Simples.

Last edited:
I actually thought West Ham were the better side throughout, despite us being so dominant in the first 15 minutes, they looked pretty good with the ball and after making a few adjustments stopped Kaney getting on the ball.

Half time came and went but lethargy set in second half and West Ham piled players forward and really controlled the game from thereon in, and return of the Messiah did not go well after his open goal miss which let them back in to get those three goals.

We just went a bit Spursy and let them back in when we shouldn't have and it was so sad to see poor old Sonny almost crying in that interview - I really felt for him.

Calm down
ac13dd994152ee68ecdc618e890105cc.jpg

It worries me that it's that game that worried you more. Sometimes you come across a keeper having his best game.

he was stretching to dinky touch it. still goes back to bale not running to the corner instead of trying to go for goal. from the goal kick it. There is lots of what ifs but when you have the ball in the 92 minute with no one near you, you run it as far away as possible and just fucking stand there and get pushed over. Its easy to blame the person who didnt do what they should have done just before the goal but the attacking players also need to take the flak for the last 10 mins. more so when it was 3-2 going into added time. win the ball, keep it. Simples.

If it's just a case of running the ball into corners to waste time then that shouldn't be a problem but it isn't that simple.

But a team dominating a match and being punished at the end for failing to take their chances is something that often happens - so often in fact that there seems to be an inevitability about it.

A team throwing away a 3 goal lead with 10 minutes to go is very, very rare - even for us.
I bet that won't happen to us again even three times in the next ten seasons.

But if we continue to waste opportunities to kill teams off like we did against Newcastle then we will continue to get punished for it, that's why the Newcastle game worried me more.

Last edited:
If it's just a case of running the ball into corners to waste time then that shouldn't be a problem but it isn't that simple.

But a team dominating a match and being punished at the end for failing to take their chances is something that often happens - so often in fact that there seems to be an inevitably about it.

A team throwing away a 3 goal lead with 10 minutes to go is very, very rare - even for us.
I bet that won't happen to us even again three times in the next ten seasons

But if we continue to waste opportunities to kill teams off like we did against Newcastle then we will continue to get punished for it, that's why the Newcastle game worried me more.
The fact Newcastle only had one goal to make up made the outcome inevitable...

We had a 3 GOAL CUSHION against West Ham... we had a buffer, goals to spare... a free hit... and we still fucked it up!
That's inexcusable! We are still a bunch of stupid millionaires who STILL fail to learn the lessons of the past....

If that's the case, there really is no point in ever hoping we'll get anything out of this club other than inevitable disappointment... the only thing different, is the creative ways they manage to mess with our heads.... and our heart rates!

But a team dominating a match and being punished at the end for failing to take their chances is something that often happens - so often in fact that there seems to be an inevitably about it.

I bet that won't happen to us even again three times in the next ten seasons

Yes losing 3 goals after the 80th minute won't happen to us again. My point abou running into the corners is that bale run. it's 3-2 in the 92nd minute. Just isn't necessary to go for goal although he showed magic to get in. Sometimes at that moment the real magic is doing standing and covering the ball and let yourself get fouled, play it short...we'd have definitely have won if that was the case. Not completely his fault but people seem to pick on each player that was guilty of doing something on the leadup to every goal. For me that was one of them too

Back
Top Bottom