Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United Match History 1898-2013

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich 1-3 Aston Villa
Man United 1-2 West Brom
Man City 4-1 Man United
Aston Villa 3-2 Man City
Liverpool 0-1 Southampton
Everton 1-0 Chelsea

Shit happens

AGREED!

Also

Cardiff 3 - Man City 2
Man City 1 - Bayern 3

Although to balance opinion only the utd loss was a derby and even that was an away game. As I said elsewhere, if this was away it would have been easier to stomach, scoring goals also helps numb the pain, but it's one result and as long as we win the next game I'll be fine....

Did anyone read what Dembele said in The Sun (I know, I know...shitty paper) today? Basically along the lines of "we should be beating small teams like Wet Spam". Made me chuckle a little.

However, he then said "we didn't have much passion in the second half". Which is bit worrying in a London Derby.

AGREED!
Also

Man City 1 - Bayern 3

Although to balance opinion only the utd loss was a derby and even that was an away game. As I said elsewhere, if this was away it would have been easier to stomach, scoring goals also helps numb the pain, but it's one result and as long as we win the next game I'll be fine....

Please don't say you're comparing Bayern's performance in the CL to West Ham's on Sunday now... we'll never 'ear the last of it from them pikey cunts!

It wasn't a shock, it was simply an away win from a vastly superior, better organised, more experienced, traditionally powerful European Club... oh, so that IS what you're saying???

Last edited:
You do realise that if you make stupid comments in match threads fans of other clubs take you comments and laugh at you, they give them to all their friends on other message boards, and they laugh too, soon, all the message boards are laughing at you making stupid comments in match threads.

You do realise that if you make stupid comments in match threads fans of other clubs take you comments and laugh at you, they give them to all their friends on other message boards, and they laugh too, soon, all the message boards are laughing at you making stupid comments in match threads.
The "Come here to laugh at Spurs" threads must be rocking

Others though seem to have seen a game through 'home fans' rosie coloured glasses.
'home fans' rosie coloured glasses.
rosie coloured
72MVsUC.jpg

I don't want to derail the thread but was there hissing towards the end of the first half or was it a 'shhhhhhh'?

I couldn't really distinguish on the day.

I'm curious because of the statement made by Sullivan after the game.

What winds me up most though (as it does with most of our fans) is the belief that we are alone in the racist game. We're not the only fans to refer to Spurs as the 'Y' words. You use it yourself for crying out loud. Also the very common use of the word 'Pikey' when refereing to us seems to be totally acceptable and not racist at all! Double standards? Football matches bring out the worst in most fans, particularly when there is a rivalry as deep rooted as ours. I don't by any means condone the actions of some with the billious hissing that went on last year. In the main most of us were totally disgusted by that.
Comparing us singing Yid Army to you guys singing about the holocaust is an absolutely ridiculous comparison.

Some on here seem to have taken the defeat reasonably well. Let's face it 0-3 is a bit of a drubbing in anybodies book. Others though seem to have seen a game through 'home fans' rosie coloured glasses. AVB does though need a plan B when faced with a different setup.

I actually think you lot will have a good season this year, you've a good squad and a decent manager. What winds me up most though (as it does with most of our fans) is the belief that we are alone in the racist game. We're not the only fans to refer to Spurs as the 'Y' words. You use it yourself for crying out loud. Also the very common use of the word 'Pikey' when refereing to us seems to be totally acceptable and not racist at all! Double standards? Football matches bring out the worst in most fans, particularly when there is a rivalry as deep rooted as ours. I don't by any means condone the actions of some with the billious hissing that went on last year. In the main most of us were totally disgusted by that.

That aside, I am looking forward to the reverse fixture this year particularly after the 'small team' comment made on Sunday. (BFS team talk will be posted all over the changing room so thanks Dembele for that one!)
We are not your rivals - yours are Palace and Charlton

Jog on

What winds me up most though (as it does with most of our fans) is the belief that we are alone in the racist game. We're not the only fans to refer to Spurs as the 'Y' words. You use it yourself for crying out loud. Also the very common use of the word 'Pikey' when refereing to us seems to be totally acceptable and not racist at all! Double standards? Football matches bring out the worst in most fans, particularly when there is a rivalry as deep rooted as ours. I don't by any means condone the actions of some with the billious hissing that went on last year. In the main most of us were totally disgusted by that.

No no, we KNOW you're not the only ones... but thanks for owning up to it all the same... good for you!

Isn't that like Jeffrey Dahmer appealing to Denis Neilsen's better nature by saying he isn't the ONLY sick fucking killer in the room??

let me ask you this; (LISTEN CAREFULLY, OR GET SOMEONE ELSE TO READ IT OUT LOUD FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY READING/AND/OR UNDERSTANDING)
but WHY do you think we've had to resort to "using it ourselves, for crying out loud"? Do you really think WE MADE THAT INSULT UP all on our own? Do you think it didn't exist BEFORE we started using it?
Care to question WHO might have taken a word, (used freely amongst the Yiddish speaking Jews of the world) and decided to spit it back at us with such filth and bile, that a group of (largely non-Jewish, thanks for the stat Baddiel) Spurs fans have had to try something, ANYTHING to deflect the vitriolic hatred thrown at them??
and while you're working that out, ask yourself this; if you're SO horrified by the chants, why follow a club with such odious support...? ....'cos if you disagree with it so much, ASK THOSE NICE POLITE CHAPS IN THE VIDEO TO STOP... or do you secretly agree with their sentiments?

Back
Top Bottom