Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United Match History 1898-2013

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think you'll find I said that I found the chants 'billious' and made no comparison at all. Still I never either wanted or expected a group hug when I came on here!

Palace/Charlton.. Yeah ok.

Like it or not, we're rivals.

Enjoy your season and see you back at the Boleyn. It'll be a warm reception I'm sure

;-)
a few people have a hard time understanding that we're rivals. They think that because we're "bigger" than you we can't possibly be rivals. Don't worry, there's still a lot of us that fucking hate you!

Fuck's sake.
vZmtJDk.png

I re-watched that match and was worriede about this paulinho-dembele partnership. Paulinho is amazing his the guy always looking for a goal nd does less defending, But Dembele whose suppose to be the more defensive dm is not particulary good in defense or attack, he seem to be a jack of all trades but master of none. He also slows down the game alot. I would like sandro there who is better defender which will allow pauolinho to go forward without worrying about defending.

Anyone else beginning to hate the europa league and the way AVB plays firt team players even in this fucking early stage. The bosses need to tell him to concentrate on other trophies, its damaging to our league campaign.

Next few games i can see everyone getting a game as the last away game was probably the most tricky.
Rather have a manager take it seriously than play the U18 and the travelling support deserves to see a decent team put out.

Anyone else beginning to hate the europa league and the way AVB plays firt team players even in this fucking early stage. The bosses need to tell him to concentrate on other trophies, its damaging to our league campaign.
sorry but that's absolute bollocks, why is playing 2 games a week only an issue when it's Europa League? What about when we eventually make the Champions League? Should we play a weakened side for that too?

edit: came across as a bit aggressive, wasn't my intention at all.

Last edited:
alexwooty said:
It was a 'shhhh' not a hiss. They may be thick as fuck but they did at least realise that they couldn't use the same chants as last year. Not that this year's ones were much better.

Bollocks it was, they can't EVEN spell 'Shhhhhhh'... too many letters!

Actually, (and annoyingly) it probably was a Shhhh, but everyone was so on tenterhooks waiting to hear what vile chant was coming next, it was only to be expected that THIS one would be mis-heard (shame the fucking PLAYERS couldn't do anythin about it, then maybe the ground wouldn't have been so fucking quiet for the West Ham fans to point it out in the first place!

sorry but that's absolute bollocks, why is playing 2 games a week only an issue when it's Europa League? What about when we eventually make the Champions League? Should we play a weakened side for that too?

edit: came across as a bit aggressive, wasn't my intention at all.
I knw I thot of that too, but the europa's benefits seem to be outweighted by the costs, I think last season it cost us top 4. Nd the places we go to are far nd have bad pitches which increases injuries. Let's be honest the europa isn't champions league nd I wouldn't mind it if we just played our 2nd team without any first teamers, but that's not what we're doing. I think being in the champions league will give each player motivation so they'll be up for it no matter how many times a week they play. I think the europa should only be taken seriously next year wen there a champions league place up for grab.

But I do get avb's thinking of wrapping up th group quickly, but it effects the players fitness eg. Eriksen and dembele.

I knw I thot of that too, but the europa's benefits seem to be outweighted by the costs, I think last season it cost us top 4. Nd the places we go to are far nd have bad pitches which increases injuries. Let's be honest the europa isn't champions league nd I wouldn't mind it if we just played our 2nd team without any first teamers, but that's not what we're doing. I think being in the champions league will give each player motivation so they'll be up for it no matter how many times a week they play. I think the europa should only be taken seriously next year wen there a champions league place up for grab.

But I do get avb's thinking of wrapping up th group quickly, but it effects the players fitness eg. Eriksen and dembele.
I think it's a bit of a cop out, we need to get used to playing twice a week. It's not why we lost to West Ham, many fringe players are improving match fitness and sharpness in the process as well.

I think it's a bit of a cop out, we need to get used to playing twice a week. It's not why we lost to West Ham, many fringe players are improving match fitness and sharpness in the process as well.

It's the fact that in the Europa League we play on a Thursday and the Sunday that fucks up the players, nothing else.
They only like playing on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, everyone involved in football knows this.

Also we have to play at 5pm in the EL which again must fuck with their minds.

Or something like that.

I think the europa should only be taken seriously next year wen there a champions league place up for grab.

Problem is if we did qualify for CL we would then yo yo back down out of 4th again like last time.

My opinion is your squad has to be good enough to play in all competitions then get into the CL even with some playing time in Europe, FA and carling cups, then you will know you deserve to be there. United and Woolwich have done it for as long as I can remember, they may not win or impress in Europe all the time but they still have good league runs.

It's the fact that in the Europa League we play on a Thursday and the Sunday that fucks up the players, nothing else.
They only like playing on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, everyone involved in football knows this.

So true!! I'm still trying to find the mathematical equation that shows Wednesday - Saturday is a longer time period than Thursday - Sunday!!! ...it really ISN'T! It's pretty much roughly the same... in fact, SO roughly in fact, that it's EXACTLY the same!

Here's some 'banter' from West Ham supporters on Sunday

So you get nicked for singing Yid Army as a badge of pride and allegiance but it's okay to go on about Jews having big noses even when you're surrounded by Old Bill.

Same old West Ham taking the piss.

Back
Top Bottom