Tottenham Hotspur v. West Ham United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look we did not play well but the Spammers were worse and If that was a Spurs performance I would have been very unhappy. 35% procession, 3 shots on target being the 2 goals including a lucky penalty and a shot that was not much harder than a back pass. Cannot remember Lloris having much to do or our goal being under threat at any other time. They just stopped us playing.

I think we stopped ourselves playing in the first half with the way we lined up.

He is a strange one , physically immense great pace great power and great aerial ability and a real trier with impressive stats but I think he's a hoofer everything he does seems to be more luck than judgment , positionaly he's all over the shop and he's so limited he can knock it past and run and cross early and head a ball but his crosses are just hopeful punts into the box rather than balls to intended targets he has no finesse or techical ability at all , for every goal he scores they concede two because of his poor play or lack of awareness.

:walker:

Just seen that those cunts have Man Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich in their next 3 league games!! That'll be 4 losses in a row then!

Fuck I hope those arseholes get relegated
I hope they draw all 3 games. Nowhere near enough points to remove them from the serious trouble they are in, whilst nicking points off our top of the table rivals. Win/win.

:sandroscream:

I hope they draw all 3 games. Nowhere near enough points to remove them from the serious trouble they are in, whilst nicking points off our top of the table rivals. Win/win.
That sir, is a cunt of a good point!
It would kill them twice to still be in trouble (with 3 draws) whilst at the same time helping us out!
Can't see it, mind. 3 defeats staring them very much in their rancid racist faces!

...still, it's good to dream, even if it's the hope that kills ya!

That was a fitting end to the derbies against that lot at White Hart Lane. Shit weather, under the lights, loads of drama and another win at the death. The look on their faces when we sung "it's happened again" back to them. What mugs they are, they beat us 4 times in about 10 years and then have the audacity to sing "it's happened again"...well that one backfired didn't it!

Did anyone see a few people from the Paxton invade the pitch after our third? One lad tried to get back in and it looked like a struggle with yids pulling him back into the crowd and stewards (cunts) trying to pull him the other direction. Unfortunately the stewards got him but he got a few rounds of "yiddo" as he was dragged away. Hope the club and old bill let him off.

As for the performance, sign of a good team to win when playing badly but at the same time there's something not quite right at the moment. They made a good point on MOTD about Son being the only player to make runs in behind their defence all game.

Just seen that those cunts have Man Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich in their next 3 league games!! That'll be 4 losses in a row then!

Fuck I hope those arseholes get relegated

Hope they find form vs Woolwich and Pool. More important that they drop points than Spams getting out of the relegation zone. Much better to keep them in the PL and piss them off again.

Give them some sweats.

puts to bed the lie that we cleared out at 2-1, doesnt it?
There were quite a few that walked at 80mins, upper West and Paxton the worst. What I did notice was that after Kane's first goal no one sat back down, by that I mean the areas that always do. I'm up in Upper East and once a goal is scored everyone is back sat by the time the oppo kick off, but this time everyone remained standing, and that looked to be the case all around the ground. That's the problem with modern day seating, those that go, leave a gapping hole that stands out. But when everyone stands those gaps get apparently get filled in and obscured by those standing. People have always left early even in the "good old days" of terracing, it just didn't show.

Anyway, first time I have experienced that (standing in upper east), loved it.

There were quite a few that walked at 80mins, upper West and Paxton the worst. What I did notice was that after Kane's first goal no one sat back down, by that I mean the areas that always do. I'm up in Upper East and once a goal is scored everyone is back sat by the time the oppo kick off, but this time everyone remained standing, and that looked to be the case all around the ground. That's the problem with modern day seating, those that go, leave a gapping hole that stands out. But when everyone stands those gaps get apparently get filled in and obscured by those standing. People have always left early even in the "good old days" of terracing, it just didn't show.

Anyway, first time I have experienced that (standing in upper east), loved it.

My dad was sitting up their with my uncle. We were park lane so stood all game. My old man said it was great everyone standing and getting behind the team.
I maintain when the WHL crowd gets going we can almost will a goal.
When Dempsey scored in the snow v Man Utd springs to mind....

Did anyone see a few people from the Paxton invade the pitch after our third? One lad tried to get back in and it looked like a struggle with yids pulling him back into the crowd and stewards (cunts) trying to pull him the other direction. Unfortunately the stewards got him but he got a few rounds of "yiddo" as he was dragged away. Hope the club and old bill let him off.
sorry don't agree, these idiots could have got us in serious trouble. The pitch is out of bounds to all spectators, glad the stewards did their job, as not many people were aware that it happened. Think there were three of them, and once the other two realised the stewards were onto them, they just left their friend to it. What if he had a knife on him, there are so many nutters out there, you never know these days.

sorry don't agree, these idiots could have got us in serious trouble. The pitch is out of bounds to all spectators, glad the stewards did their job, as not many people were aware that it happened. Think there were three of them, and once the other two realised the stewards were onto them, they just left their friend to it. What if he had a knife on him, there are so many nutters out there, you never know these days.
You're right there's a lot of nutters out there, but in my opinion in this case it was obvious they were just deliriously happy Spurs fans celebrating a goal and they should have just let them return to the crowd. No harm was done. Similar thing happened when Lennon scored in the 4-4 at the scum a few years back. The Met in the end chose not to press charges because they said they understood the situation. But fair enough if you have a different view, it wouldn't do if we all thought the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom