Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers 2pm Sunday 13th of Feb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hey, I just found a plus point folks..

We aren't at home again until March 7th so none of us have to suffer the slog there and back to watch a bunch of wet blankets dither around.
Monday night, 8pm KO...

raining_david_tennant.gif

It was obvious that Jose needed to go by the end of his tenure here but he spoke quite a few hard truths to this squad. It's quite telling that these players have been told time and time again by managers as accomlished as Jose and Conte and nothing gets them motivated. It's actually fucking depressing.
They don't have guts, that's what it's all about. So frigging weak mentally, it's unreal.

He has more than his share of faults, but I'd say Dier is pretty much the only one with that nasty side, that shithousery in him. Hugo doesn't. Kane doesn't. I think Roddy will help in that respect.

Look at City...Ederson, Cancelo, Ruben, Fernandinho, Ilkay, KDB, Jesus, Sterling...so many of them have got such mental toughness.

Liverpool's got Virgil, Robbo, Hendo, Fabinho, Firmino...even Salah is a right cheeky bastard

I think it is hard to judge when he is in such a shit back line. He is clearly some distance above what we have. I don't think VVD on is own could deal with the shit around and in front of him
Well, it's not that much of an accomplishment to be better than Sanch, Tangs, Big Ben...

And I kinda disagree re VVD. Put him in there with our rubbish and though we may still lose, I honestly don't see how we wouldn't fare better. That's what elite players do. But Romero ain't there (yet).

They don't have guts, that's what it's all about. So frigging weak mentally, it's unreal.

He has more than his share of faults, but I'd say Dier is pretty much the only one with that nasty side, that shithousery in him. Hugo doesn't. Kane doesn't. I think Roddy will help in that respect.

Look at City...Ederson, Cancelo, Ruben, Fernandinho, Ilkay, KDB, Jesus, Sterling...so many of them have got such mental toughness.

Liverpool's got Virgil, Robbo, Hendo, Fabinho, Firmino...even Salah is a right cheeky bastard
Spot on. In the prime Poch days, we had a young Dele who was an absolute WUM, Wanyama took those tactical fouls that Jose mentioned in that clip, Dier as you mentioned, Walker, Rose, Dembele. They all had that shithousery aspect to their game.

What baffles me is that these players don't respond to Jose and Conte's tough love approach but they also don't respond to a softer approach like Nuno. They're fucking pussies when called out and walk all over gaffers that allow them leeway.

I watched Doherty for a bit Sunday. Just jogged about, he’s barely a footballer, slow, bad decision making, bad positioning. Winks was woeful again.

It was like they had been told to play in silence… just nobody spoke or cared.

For those players who were whored in the transfer window, do they just care even less now? Have they accepted they’ll be off and are just picking up their pay check?

Spot on. In the prime Poch days, we had a young Dele who was an absolute WUM, Wanyama took those tactical fouls that Jose mentioned in that clip, Dier as you mentioned, Walker, Rose, Dembele. They all had that shithousery aspect to their game.

What baffles me is that these players don't respond to Jose and Conte's tough love approach but they also don't respond to a softer approach like Nuno. They're fucking pussies when called out and walk all over gaffers that allow them leeway.
Bentancur seems to have a bit of that nastiness... isn't afraid to lay a little body into an opponent.

Romero as well.

I'd argue that Sanchez IS a decent PL player.

I disagreed with your assertion that he (and Ndombele) are our 2 "worst ever" signings.

Sanchez still has value that we can use to sell/package... I'd imagine that there are a few La Liga clubs (and perhaps some in Serie A) that would find him useful.
Fair enough but I’m scratching my head for two worse ones
GLC close I suppose but he can play when he wants to

Slightest pressure and Sanchez can’t

Will be amazed if we get £10million for him

Mate... they are fucking shit. No bla bla bla about toughness, they are midtable quality and it shows. I’m tired of hearing this lacking guts bullshit, even Conte said the players are trying but the quality is very limited.

We need an Ibra-type player to come in and kick some serious ass. Our captain and his deputy don't do enough from a leadership perspective, but to be fair to them, I totally get how at some stage they started thinking "what's the effing point?".

Way past their prime these days, but someone like Arturo Vidal or Chiellini would put the fear of God in them wet wipes.

At the end of the day, it's just disgraceful not to give your all like some of them do. Fair enough if you're a bad footballer like Doherty, Tangs, Sanch and a few others. You ain't good enough skill-wise, it's what it is. But there's absolutely zero excuse for not busting a gut for 90+ minutes every game. Where's their pride ffs? What an insult to fans, most of whom aren't well off by any means but they still plug their hard-earned cash into the club and that's how them lazy twats get paid

We need an Ibra-type player to come in and kick some serious ass. Our captain and his deputy don't do enough from a leadership perspective, but to be fair to them, I totally get how at some stage they started thinking "what's the effing point?".

Way past their prime these days, but someone like Arturo Vidal or Chiellini would put the fear of God in them wet wipes.

At the end of the day, it's just disgraceful not to give your all like some of them do. Fair enough if you're a bad footballer like Doherty, Tangs, Sanch and a few others. You ain't good enough skill-wise, it's what it is. But there's absolutely zero excuse for not busting a gut for 90+ minutes every game. Where's their pride ffs? What an insult to fans, most of whom aren't well off by any means but they still plug their hard-earned cash into the club and that's how them lazy twats get paid

Isn't that fundamentally a managers job?

The Roy Keane era is over......

It's the 'I'm my own ship' era now...... Even Ronaldo is falling on deaf ears over at Old Trafford.

Last edited:

They're just dumb shits. They can't learn.

Does anyone remember Winks and Sanchez arguing? Winks played a shit pass but Sanchez would have got there if he was paying attention. Funny shit.
Was that the one where Winks was waving his arms in the air in exasperation?

Both gash and more evidence that we should get rid ASAP

I watched Doherty for a bit Sunday. Just jogged about, he’s barely a footballer, slow, bad decision making, bad positioning. Winks was woeful again.

It was like they had been told to play in silence… just nobody spoke or cared.

For those players who were whored in the transfer window, do they just care even less now? Have they accepted they’ll be off and are just picking up their pay check?

And yet after the Leicester game, a whole host of users on here were demanding he starts games from then on.
He can't defend. At all. He's a shit defender. He maybe shows up 1 in 10 games as an attacker but because Royal isn't at all attacking, people think Doherty is better. Even though he is not a defender.

And yet after the Leicester game, a whole host of users on here were demanding he starts games from then on.
He can't defend. At all. He's a shit defender. He maybe shows up 1 in 10 games as an attacker but because Royal isn't at all attacking, people think Doherty is better. Even though he is not a defender.
Let’s face it they’re both shite and as bad as he’s been I’d sooner see Tanganga at RB

We have real problems in that position

2 wins from our last 8 games, being FA Cup games against Morecambe & Brighton is pretty hard to stomach.

Feels to me like those dreadful performances and defeats against Chelsea knocked the stuffing out of us. What really annoys me is how often I have seen this happen. We aren't capable mentally of recovering from defeats in important, pivotal games.

Expecting us to limp for the remainder of this season into anywhere between 6th and 12th.
What’s changed ?

Thought you’re not the sort of fan to give up early

Back
Top Bottom