Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ah, thought it was Wolves. I'm glad it wasn't for your sake, still a chance of seeing a win then. Fingers crossed. Enjoy.
He started rooting some beautiful girl, got put on a huge wage, was doing all sorts of endorsements, detached for Dier and spent a lot of time on Instagram. Football became a lower priority I think. He’s also lost a little of that devil that made him the player he was.

If only you could put the mentality of a 30 year old pro who knows his career is coming to an end into some of the young players.

Lo Celso - 19 epl starts. 0 assists. 0 goals. And this guy is supposed to replace Eriksen? His passing range and creativity is on par with Winks. At least we didn't sign bruno right?
Excuse me if I don't bother reading your drivel past the first 5 words. Lo Celso has made 7 Premier League starts. (Sheff U home, Norwich away, Watford away, Norwich home, Man City home, Chelsea away, Wolves home). 18 appearances in total. Plus by the end of his time I could have replaced Eriksen. In fact we'd have been as well off playing with 10. Current players need backing, not shellacing.

He started rooting some beautiful girl, got put on a huge wage, was doing all sorts of endorsements, detached for Dier and spent a lot of time on Instagram. Football became a lower priority I think. He’s also lost a little of that devil that made him the player he was.

If only you could put the mentality of a 30 year old pro who knows his career is coming to an end into some of the young players.
Good analysis.

I am really confused about Alli. I remember how tremendous he was at his best. A real live wire on the pitch
Great passing. Goalscoring. A real diamond. What's happened to him? It must be something in his personal life.
I agree, he had such a brilliant start at the club in his first 2 seasons, scored goals from everywhere, assists, dribbles... Wonder boy and massive prospect.
For the last 2 season, it's been sad to watch him, its a decline, lost his place in the England squad and he looks so slow and out of sorts.
I hope he gets back to his old form

Still fucked off. At times we played quite well today. Was neat and controlled without being amazing. But by Christ, when they went through the gears we just could not live with it. And we had no gears to go through.

Whatever way I try to digest the performance I simply can’t find a way past the annoyance and frustration.

Wolves, I am glad that they exposed all the nonsense and our hiding places today.

they have, within what 4 years ? Assembled a squad that’s challenging for the Top 4. Whereas it took Levy how long ? Ok Chinese money has totally helped close the gap quickly, but it exposes the truth again that it’s ££££ that is key for the squad members to join and then perform, not a nice locker room, not a nice stadium etc. These things help but never as much as wedge does.

and then there is Jose and his “tired” excuses for Chelsea last week, well Wolves did not find it too hard to find the accelerator when needed today despite playing Thursday night after their 45 game this season. And that’s an excuse from the Harry days about “Thursday’s killing us...” it’s just bullshit.

I like Jose, I like him a lot, I wish he was not our manager. He’s too much of a target and another scapegoat waiting to be scarified on the alter of ENIC. He must be thinking “oh fuck” and to be honest I don’t see how he gets past May at this rate. FA Cup perhaps. But all of that said, what you doing bringing on Parrott with 4 minutes stoppage time to play ? Jesus wept.

Spurs as a club just lack something, and I‘m now concluding that Poch never got what he wanted because Levy thought he had enough. I think Madrid covered over the cracks and actually let ENIC off, why should they spend with a squad capable of the Champions League final. Jesus it’s such a mess. All theory. But over a year now it’s been a cluster fuck of inconsistent unconvincing shit.

If you really want to know, Google can be useful to answer many things Lee.

Wolves operate a loss of £34m over the past 2 years:

(Loss for 2018) = -£55m
Profit for 2019 = £21m

Tottenham Hotspur operate at a profit of £200m-£240m

Profit for 2018 = £113m
Profit for 2019 estimated at anywhere from £100m-£130m

Wolves owner has $ far greater wealth than our owner.

Wolves have a relationship with Jorge Mendes that you should also consider:

Jorge Mendes owns the below agency. They have more players playing for Wolves (SIX) than any other club I believe (Ruben Neves, Rui Patricio, Joao Mourinho, Daniel Podence, Neto, Diogo Jota)

It's clear to see that our model and methods are different to Wolverhampton Wanderers. We have financial figures that leave us nearly £300m better off than Wolves do over the past 2 seasons, we have a 25 year stadium repayment to adhere to, we have a less wealthy owner, we have less of a relationship with an agent that pumps players their way and we have to adhere to these circumstances as things stand.

Ask yourself this.,...Ruben Neves played in the Championship for Wolves. How do you think they got such a talent at the level they were playing at at the time? Cost the, a fair bit as well I believe. Willy Boly also joined them as a part of that deal as well so it's safe to say that there's more than 6 players Mendes has played his part with gettin them to Wolves as well (Dendoncker might be another I believe)

I agree, he had such a brilliant start at the club in his first 2 seasons, scored goals from everywhere, assists, dribbles... Wonder boy and massive prospect.
For the last 2 season, it's been sad to watch him, its a decline, lost his place in the England squad and he looks so slow and out of sorts.
I hope he gets back to his old form

Fortnite was released about 2 seasons ago as well. Coincidence?

Apart from his frustrating knack of slowing attacks or just losing the ball, I’m getting annoyed at his constant whinging at his teammates. Why throw a tantrum when you’re the worst culprit when it comes to messing up attacks.

When you reach Ronaldo level of football, then you have the right to whinge at teammates. When you’re playing Gary Doherty level of football, then keep quiet.

(PS. Got my monthly Gary Doherty mention in early this month)

If you really want to know, Google can be useful to answer many things Lee.

Wolves operate a loss of £34m over the past 2 years:

(Loss for 2018) = -£55m
Profit for 2019 = £21m

Tottenham Hotspur operate at a profit of £200m-£240m

Profit for 2018 = £113m
Profit for 2019 estimated at anywhere from £100m-£130m

Wolves owner has $ far greater wealth than our owner.

Wolves have a relationship with Jorge Mendes that you should also consider:

Jorge Mendes owns the below agency. They have more players playing for Wolves (SIX) than any other club I believe (Ruben Neves, Rui Patricio, Joao Mourinho, Daniel Podence, Neto, Diogo Jota)

It's clear to see that our model and methods are different to Wolverhampton Wanderers. We have financial figures that leave us nearly £300m better off than Wolves do over the past 2 seasons, we have a 25 year stadium repayment to adhere to, we have a less wealthy owner, we have less of a relationship with an agent that pumps players their way and we have to adhere to these circumstances as things stand.

Ask yourself this.,...Ruben Neves played in the Championship for Wolves. How do you think they got such a talent at the level they were playing at at the time? Cost the, a fair bit as well I believe. Willy Boly also joined them as a part of that deal as well so it's safe to say that there's more than 6 players Mendes has played his part with gettin them to Wolves as well (Dendoncker might be another I believe)

All interesting facts but wolves are a better team than us certainly right now can't disagree with that.

All interesting facts but wolves are a better team than us certainly right now can't disagree with that.

The Wolves owner has shares in Mendes' agency and Jorge Mendes gets paid as an 'advisor'. They have a very close personal and professional relationship that both are using to scratch one another so back hence the influx of Portuguese and international players 1-2 seasons into being a PL club.

Fosun also has close ties to super-agent Jorge Mendes, both personal and professional. Mendes is mostly known for representing Cristiano Ronaldo and other high-profile players. But Mendes and Guangchang are close friends. Guangchang even bought shares in Mendes’s holding company, Gestifute. Now the Portuguese agent is an “advisor” at Wolves, which drew the ire of other Championship teams.

Hopefully this variables give a fair reflection on how Wolves have been able to move up the ranks very quickly compared to most teams that get promoted and push for progression.

Fortnite was released about 2 seasons ago as well. Coincidence?

Apart from his frustrating knack of slowing attacks or just losing the ball, I’m getting annoyed at his constant whinging at his teammates. Why throw a tantrum when you’re the worst culprit when it comes to messing up attacks.

When you reach Ronaldo level of football, then you have the right to whinge at teammates. When you’re playing Gary Doherty level of football, then keep quiet.

(PS. Got my monthly Gary Doherty mention in early this month)
Ability of a Championship level footballer and the ego of CR7.

Back
Top Bottom