Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's one of the reasons why we've been so dire in way too many matches, but surely José knows by now that we need to improve in that area.

I take nothing for granted anymore, mate.

In the last 18 months we've had:

Winks, Dier, Skipp, Foyth to experiment with + brought in 3 more MFs and all we've managed to do is put Winksy through the ringer once or twice a week. It's a wonder the lad has any thirst for the game left..... We've had Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Eriksen, Ndombele, GLC, Gedson all in the mix for #8 tho'.

:llorishuh:

satire
/ˈsatʌɪə/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: satire
  1. the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
It's a football forum why you have to go ruin it with your fancy words.

Jose is getting battered on every media platform going and rightly so. This defeatist inferiority complex has to stop. Yes we have key players out but it's his job to instill a belief into the other 22 players. I'm expecting another shit show, low block and zero coaching or game plan.

I take nothing for granted anymore, mate.

In the last 18 months we've had:

Winks, Dier, Skipp, Foyth to experiment with + brought in 3 more MFs and all we've managed to do is put Winksy through the ringer once or twice a week. It's a wonder the lad has any thirst for the game left..... We've had Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Eriksen, Ndombele, GLC, Gedson all in the mix for #8 tho'.

:llorishuh:

Winks is a number 8 playing as a DM. He's done a decent job all things considered but that is not his natural/normal position.

He'd be better in a midfield 3 with an actual DM (our whole midfield would be). If/when we do sign one and if we do go for a 3 in the midfield it will be the new DM along with GLC & N'Dombele. Winks would then fill in for GLC or N'Dombele when they get subbed or get injured.

I do want to see Skipp there but it seems that neither Poch nor Jose felt or feels that he is ready yet. Maybe if the FA Cup draw was slightly kinder to us then he may get a look in but I won't hold my breath for now.

Back
Top Bottom