Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm going to leave this now, but it's a shame actually.
All the Tottenham fans I spoke to before and after the game on Saturday seemed knowledgeable and praised our brilliant performance. As have the majority of tweets etc I've seen.
Shame some on here are showing a severe lack of knowledge. Gloating about beating a League 2 team is very very questionable, and quite pathetic really.
We beat Stourbridge of the 7th tier in Round 3, and rather than shout about we'd got through, all I had was praise for their performance.
Good Luck in Round 5 and the title race, as a neutral Premier League fan, Spurs are the side I always want to win.

But you didn't put N a brilliant performance, I said not long after the game, I wasn't getting caught up in the fairytale of how you nearly won blah blah blah, your tactics and game plan was a joke. You resembled a poor rugby side, a proper ref would have punished your players.
Look at that clueless clown who gave the pen away, what sort of idiot would do that in the pen area? An Idiot who got away with it time and time again and thought the ref would carry on allowing it, that's who..

The scoreline and timing of the goals is what people got carried away with, the score line doesn't tell the whole story and how you came to kick lumps out of players who are used to playing football not rugby..
Yes you came close, yes the score line indicates a classic but it wasn't in my opinion.
I would be the first to congratulate you on your performance if I thought you had a real good go and played some stylish football but that's so far from the truth.

But you didn't put N a brilliant performance, I said not long after the game, I wasn't getting caught up in the fairytale of how you nearly won blah blah blah, your tactics and game plan was a joke. You resembled a poor rugby side, a proper ref would have punished your players.
Look at that clueless clown who gave the pen away, what sort of idiot would do that in the pen area? An Idiot who got away with it time and time again and thought the ref would carry on allowing it, that's who..

The scoreline and timing of the goals is what people got carried away with, the score line doesn't tell the whole story and how you came to kick lumps out of players who are used to playing football not rugby..
Yes you came close, yes the score line indicates a classic but it wasn't in my opinion.
I would be the first to congratulate you on your performance if I thought you had a real good go and played some stylish football but that's so far from the truth.

Jesus you're a proper bell-end, the time a league two club goes to a champions league club and tries to play like Barcelona and doesn't get thumped I'll eat my hat.

The fact we played three up top and didn't park the bus was a million miles from Plymouth at Liverpool

Damn- are we still really squabbling over bragging rights in an FA cup tie against a league 2 side?
C'mon guys, let's move on- to the Sunderland thread!

The first and third goals for Wycombe were legit. They tried really hard and pulled at shirts rather than injure our players with dangerous tackles.
We could have done better in defense. But we won. End of story.

...ON TO SUNDERLAND!

Jesus you're a proper bell-end, the time a league two club goes to a champions league club and tries to play like Barcelona and doesn't get thumped I'll eat my hat.

The fact we played three up top and didn't park the bus was a million miles from Plymouth at Liverpool

Don't talk like a Twat.. No one said try to play like Barcelona, all I said was your pathetic dirty amateur tactics were a far cry from the heroics the media portrayed.
The amount of elbows in the face, shirt pulling and rugby tackling was embarrassing.
If the ref didn't want to be the villain by sending a player off in a potential giant killing, you would have been down to 9 men.
Just look at the tackle for the pen, that's what you'd expect on the marshes on a sunday morning.
I hate to break it to you but you can try and play FOOTBALL if you are in the lower leagues.

I don't know why you're still here tbh.

What are you gaining? Surely your time is better spent with your fellow fans discussing Exeter?

FML.

ESPN goes covert on broadcast. No way to record. Tried to hold out on radio silence for an illegal stream but even that was crap, so had to go and look at score. First time all season. Then watched highlights. First game I miss and it ends up being a nail biter with us going down to 10 men. Pulled it off. :dembelelol:

COYS

Don't talk like a Twat.. No one said try to play like Barcelona, all I said was your pathetic dirty amateur tactics were a far cry from the heroics the media portrayed.
The amount of elbows in the face, shirt pulling and rugby tackling was embarrassing.
If the ref didn't want to be the villain by sending a player off in a potential giant killing, you would have been down to 9 men.
Just look at the tackle for the pen, that's what you'd expect on the marshes on a sunday morning.
I hate to break it to you but you can try and play FOOTBALL if you are in the lower leagues.
Wycombe usually play pretty good football, they're my local team and I go to see them a lot. I don't blame them for using the tactics they did - they evened the game up a bit and very nearly came off. It's on the referee and his team to spot fouls and give them, and if the players can get away with them in a way which gives them an advantage then they'll do that. Look at Walker's push on Sterling last week - it's just the nature of competitive sport.

Overall I was very impressed with Wycombe, they showed they're no pushovers and why they were one of England's most in-form teams coming into the game. I'm pleased we were able to get a result and don't think we were as bad as has been suggested either, some of the defending aside. Overall this will have been a great test for our youngsters and will hopefully prove to be valuable experience down the line

It's really no surprise it took two huge deflections and a dodgy keepers kick for you to get past a club (players, all staff, stadium and training ground) worth less than almost any of the players you started when almost everyone here thinks Shirt pulling should be a straight red and we were "overly physical", they're was barely a big tackle the game!

Obviously you had more quality on the ball, but we moved it fairly well and really should have been 3-0 up. It would massively help your young cb to go out on loan, playing men's football is a big wake call compared to ressies/u21.

Haha. You make it sound like shots came from outside the box to the left hand side but took a deflection and went to the other side of the goal wrong footing the goalie. Bullshit pal. The deflections were a matter of one or two feet each time. Both times had the defenders been better they'd have blocked them properly. And the crap goal kick still left you with defenders behind the ball and a goalkeeper.

Maybe has more to do with your players making too many mistakes? Shit goalkeeper kicking that ball so shit for instance, when any chav in Sunday league can manage to kick a ball high enough in the air not to cause a problem. Bad positioning of same goalkeeper moments later leaving Dele with an easy enough target. And a defender who couldn't put his shirt or block him in the box as he had already done it once already and given away one penalty and a second time woudl not only give away a penalty but finally get sent off.

So I think you're being silly. But I have nothing against WW and think your players did great against a team of expensive players from the top division. I agree that some of our youngsters would benefit from a good loan. The problem is finding a good loan as too often they end up playing poor quality football that fails to develop them.

& losing your shit over melts & going on about them after a last minute winner is the sign of a strong mind?

Bit late replying on this one...
It's actually the sign of someone who's watched more than one football match in his life and understands losing at half time doesn't mean you'll lose at full time and scraping through the 4th round doesn't mean you've got no chance in the 5th round. Reactionary goons need to be called out and made to stfu as they birsmirch the good name of fans who have a modicum of perspective and knowledge about football.

It's actually the sign of someone who's watched more than one football match in his life and understands losing at half time doesn't mean you'll lose at full time and scraping through the 4th round doesn't mean you've got no chance in the 5th round. Reactionary goons need to be called out and made to stfu as they birsmirch the good name of fans who have a modicum of perspective and knowledge about football.

post-59976-Meryl-Streep-Jennifer-Lopez-cl-j64i.gif

Back
Top Bottom