Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DBe2dXhXsAABi4b.jpg

DBbWnCUXYAA75IH.jpg

Higuain still out injured.

Hi guys! I am a Naples supporter, I want to congratulate you on yesterday's match. I really love your team, I appreciate your talents and the way Pochettino has given tactical set up to the team. As EPL's fan, I have watched a lot of Spurs matches and I have opportunity to enjoy your game-style. I am totally mad about how you fill the half spaces with quality players like Eriksen and Alli and ahead the match I was pretty sure Juventus would have found difficulties facing your pace and pressing. Still yet, don't underestimate Jubentus for the return leg, they never die and can rely on many resources, they got the same draw 2 years ago vs Bayern Monaco (the best Bayern Monaco of the recent years in my opinion) and they managed to dominate the game at Allianz...they didnt go through because of an individual mistake by Evra. Nobody appreciates Juventus in Italy, we hate their arrogance, they are unfair and can exert a strong influence on the referees...just try to remind of Calciopoli! Besides this, I despise their way of playing, just sitting back and counter attacking...really boring. So smash them! Break your leg for the second leg!!

What a shit day it has been. I was left heartbroken last night. I felt if I had stayed in the stadium any longer than I did then I could have shed a tear.

I was on the tube thinking to myself that I have nothing to be angry about. Nothing to be ashamed about. Nothing to be disappointed about. Every player gave a good account of themselves.

I have heard people slag off Poch and the players but I can honestly say I wouldn't swap any of them.

We have so much to be thankful for. Our club is special for so many reasons.

Listening to Son after the game ripped my heart out. It was upsetting to see how down he was.

Today has been tough. To listen to the shit the media have come out with. To listen to the cunts in the BT Sport studio last night. To listen to Jason Cundy suggest that Dembele isn't a player. To listen to Durham talk shit has been tough. What I find worse is how some of our fan base look to the negative.

All I want to say is that I love being Spurs. The morning of yesterday I got a bit emotional thinking of my Grandad who is the reason I'm Spurs. How he would have loved to be part of last night. I thought how exciting it will be to introduce my 3 year old son to Spurs in a few years time.

Last night hurt. It still hurts now. It will hurt for sometime. But. Remember the reasons why you support our club. You will realise that last nights defeat doesn't really matter. We are bigger than this defeat and we have so much more to be proud of.

What a time to be a Spurs fan.

Love it how Pochettino knows best and is a great manager, goes unbeaten for 17 games, then a great CL team just manages to scrape past us and all of a sudden every cunt and his dog knows better than him...

Last edited:
Apologies to people who made intelligent, reasoned comments, but I haven't got the time or the inclination to read them all.
We didn't disgrace ourselves, just paid the ultimate penalty for taking our eye off the ball. One goal from 20 shots is not a great return, but we deserved so much more. Still, that's football, don't always get what you deserve.
We have to accept that Juve are so much more experienced at this level of Champions' League competition. Hopefully, we will have learned some lessons, and we will take these forward into next year (fingers and everything else crossed).
Don't really want to say more, as still a bit upset, but realistically, we weren't expected to progress this far in the CL. But it hurts how the game turned so quickly. Just hope that it doesn't derail the rest of our season.
We did the Spurs tour around Wembley this afternoon. Obviously it was a little flat due to the result, but enjoyable all the same. You get the chance to walk up the stairs to the Royal Box, and have a photo with a replica of the FA Cup. I declined, as 1) I didn't want to jinx us actually winning it and 2) I already have one with the real thing!

Oddly enough, the lasting image I will take away from this competition is Chiellini and Buffon roaring at each other after the former intercepted a potential Kane header.

They showed it in slow motion. Pure passion and intensity from two of the great players of the game. They looked like they were in a war. I don’t care what Chiellini said later, that moment was the definitive mark of respect towards us. In that one moment it showed how good they thought we were, how much of a hurdle they knew they had to overcome, and how focussed they needed to be in order to triumph. Raw emotion that only comes from the highest level of respect.

We pushed one of the best teams in Europe to that level of intensity. That says a huge amount about us, and we should recognise and be proud of that. They had to fight tooth and nail to win. About as far from a ‘bottle job’ as is physically possible.

Hi guys, I'm a Juve fan from Italy and I want to say something after reading the last 30 pages of this thread.
I think since Juve built the new stadium there was no team like Tottenham that ruled with no mercy in our home, I mean look Barcellona with neymar messi suarez lost 3 - 0 a year ago and you? You came, had the worst 10 first minutes of your CL and then with no fear you took out a draw while dominating with a 80 / 20 ball possession.
This means you have a very high level of quality in your team, especially from the midfield and up but you should try to change the way you play during some moments of the match.
Yesterday in an opposite situation Juve after the first goal would have immediately changed Higuain for Rugani and parked the bus in front of Buffon trying to cool down the game by controlling the ball and slowing down the rythm.
I know it's ugly to see this kind of tactics but in the end it pays out and in Europe you have to use these dark arts to gain something because there's a lot at stake, fuck the "nice-game", fuck the fair play, fuck everything in the end all that matters is the numbers of your goals against the opposite team.
Btw we had the same experience with Bayern Monaco 2 years ago like you had yesterday, it was awful, one of the worst football nights of my life but that's how it goes, sometimes you have luck and sometimes you don't.
I'm sorry for yesterday you deserved to win but football is a strange game, keep up with the good work and see you next year ;)

Very, very proud of this team. Gutted to have gone out as we were the better team in both legs, so it hurts.

Anyone that says that we lost due to inexperience, sorry not having that, that's just lazy. We made Juve dig deeper than they have since they lost the final last year. This is Juve we are talking about, a European giant in the game.

We are a terrific side, we lost our first CL match this year tonight. We are a side other CL teams will now dread to play, just as those that will go into the last 16 will not want to play Juve. We are competing, we are at the level to go toe to toe with the best sides in Europe. We have not been out played once in 6 games by Real Madrid, Juve or BVB. I've watched English teams lose year after year whilst getting their arses spanked or go out with a whimper, like City last year. Tonight we have lost our first game in nearly 3 months by the smallest of margins.

Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, nothing but pride and admiration. We all wanted to see how we would stack up against the best in Europe, I think we are in excellent shape and have proven that against Europes best we can compete.

Son (MoTM), Davies, Dier, Eriksen, Dele and Kane were magnificent tonight.

Up The Spurs.

Last edited:
Managed to see the game and it was very good beyond the result. I think Spurs played two great legs, but showed lack of experience especially by his coach.
On the pitch for about 50-60 minutes Spurs were fantastic, but tactically the approach was naive. There was no need especially after scoring to raise the tempo and play for a second goal exposing the weakest link that as anticipated was the defense.

Juve has done the game they could and wanted to do. The team is not at peak form due to its many injuries but used the experience to stay in the game and then win it when Tottenham inevitably got a bit tired thanks to a couple of subs that changed the setup to a 4231 which immediately unsettled you. Allegri read well the match as usual but at the start he made a major mistake putting Barzagli a great aging central defender as RB on Son who murdered us. We were lucky not to concede more goals.
Anyway I know for you it is disappointing but I am sure that if you manage to keep this team, with experience it will become super, it is just a matter of a little more time. I knew it was a tough tie but not this tough despite all the difficulties I have never seen our defense tested so much except in the lost CL finals with Barca and Real, good luck with the FA cup

PS: referees were a joke

Last edited:
Greetings from half away around the globe in Korea. Lived most of my life in London so I'm still not sure if they count me as a Korean. Came back here 3 years ago.
I've been spying on most of your posts and threads so haven't been missing out on the fun and finally decided to join in on the action after almost 2 years.
1:34 am and can't get any sleep excited for the game to kick off (which is 4:45am)
Fuxk work tomorrow I'm screwed.

Gutted.
But on a cheery note, walking back to Wembley Park a little lad was waving his flag & consoling his old man. The immortal words “never mind dad, we are going to be in it next year. Unlike Woolwich.”
Fair play son.
:tobyarm:

Liverpool Fan here, I watched your game last night and wanted you to win.

If I was a spurs fan id be disappointed because you should have won, you were the better team and ought to be on the last 8 so its a big opportunity missed.

Lack of concentration undid you and you cant do that in Europe. A case in point was in the 2nd half I remember Higuain smashing the ball into the crowd, he looked dejected, the crowd wolf whistled him yet one of your players patted him on the back as though to console him. You cant do that, the game is not won, you should be on edge, he should have been mouthing to him that hes shit to bring him down even more.

He then scored a few minutes after moment. But that pat on the back was a moment that stuck in my mind for some reason as it almost felt you became too relaxed. I was thinking why are you consoling him, at the time.

As for the fouling, dirty, cheating tactics, thats European football for you, theres no point complaining as you have to expect it. Its part of the whole experience. Weve seen it all over the years. You have to give it back.

Son was your best player on the night they couldnt handle him and so kept trying to foul him and rough him up.

At the end of the day whilst some are consoling yourself that you had a good run, I think its underplaying your hand a bit, really you should be at the top table in the last 8 because I thought you were better than Juventus.

Back
Top Bottom