Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any cunt trying to convince me that the FA is of any consequence just insults my intelligence. Fuck them, and fuck the FA cup.

We had a gilded opportunity of real footballing importance yesterday, and we shat our knickers in the most public of ways. Today we are a disgrace. A joke. A European laughing stock.

Toby and Eriksen will be having meetings with their agents today. The wheels are being set in motion. And we deserve all we get.

Any cunt trying to convince me that the FA is of any consequence just insults my intelligence. Fuck them, and fuck the FA cup.

We had a gilded opportunity of real footballing importance yesterday, and we shat our knickers in the most public of ways. Today we are a disgrace. A joke. A European laughing stock.

Toby and Eriksen will be having meetings with their agents today. The wheels are being set in motion. And we deserve all we get.

Disgrace? Laughing stock? Please, overreaction much.

You were right about Dybala though. Bastard. ;-)

Never heard of the cunt. Sounds like a fucken racist parody of Scottish identity. Aw aye, that's cause it fucken is.
Sook ma fucken root ya English prick.
You're a funny one Vince. If anyone else posted that "Its all over shit" like you've been doing I'd have them on ignore faster than kissing a duck. Maybe its your avatar. You just look so sweet and angelic standing there with Mabbsy, I look at it and I just can't stay angry for long.

:eriksenlol:

JEEEEEEEEESUS!
Thankfully I was asleep for this latest spat. I think there is something rather unsavoury about the way some posters went after Joe. Anyone who has been on here for a while knows that he is human: he makes mistakes like any one of us, and has had the decency to apologise afterwards. None of us know how fragile others are on here, so perhaps we should all act with a little more humanity. We lost a football match, FFS

Salami Vincentius . The champion league has gone . Te FA Cup is more important to us than ever it's an opportunity as with last night to progress favourably in competition we need to be 100%. Last night was disappointing beyond belief but it's happened and we have to move on - top 4 and FA Cup is all we've got left.

You're a funny one Vince. If anyone else posted that "Its all over shit" like you've been doing I'd have them on ignore faster than kissing a duck. Maybe its your avatar. You just look so sweet and angelic standing there with Mabbsy, I look at it and I just can't stay angry for long.

:eriksenlol:
Thanks. Just don't wank over it. I was seven there.

I haven't taken the time to go back through the entire thread. My stream was a minute or 2 behind real time, so I tried to stay off during the match so as not to be spoiled. Full disclosure I was in a meeting for large parts of the 1st half sneaking peeks at my phone in my lap. That being said as soon as the final whistle blew; I shut down my browser, locked my PC and left work. I was completely and utterly dismayed. I wanted to be angry with the ref... he made some shit calls but at least one of those shit calls went in our favor in a big way, Jan's challenge in the 1st half was a penalty all day. We had chances to put them away early, but were just not able to put the ball into the back of the net.

As disappointed as I am over the result, I am not discouraged with our progress as a club. Look at where we are... we are in the top 4 in the EPL, and just got knocked out of the CL by the team that finished runner up the past 2 seasons... not to mention we got to this point by going to the Bernabeu and drawing the holders, Real Madrid, and then beating them 3-1 in the 2nd leg at Wembley. Until yesterday we were one of only 3 teams to remain unbeaten in CL this year. While we dominated both legs vs Juve, we had short lapses in concentration in both games which cost us dearly.

As I expected talk immediately starts... "Spursy," "Bottlers," "This is why Harry Kane will leave Spurs," "Kane, Erisken and Dele need to leave if they ever want to win something"... and every other cheap talking point that has been regurgitated ad nauseam.

Am I sad? Yes. Am I disappointed? Yes. Do I think this is the end of Poch's project? Not by a long shot. We were not going to win the CL this season. Going out this way... after being up a goal and set to move on after 60 minutes in the 2nd leg vs Juve will be a huge learning opportunity for this young squad. I expect that this will actually galvanize the team and in the end make us stronger as a team going forward to finish off this season and going into next season at the gorgeous new stadium. The one thing that pundits are always screaming is that teams need experience to win things, but they don't want to admit how teams get that experience... Most teams do not simply arrive and waltz through to a league title or CL title without growing pains. This loss hurts us as supporters as well as the players... but it is the type of hurt that if Poch deals with it correctly (and I believe he will) will be the type of experience we need to push on and go further next year and in the future.

This one did hurt. I can't remember such a turnaround in a game, not just the goals, before the change they looked like old men, a beaten side. I admit i was dreaming about the quarter finals (go on, slap me). Its almost like the boxer who comes out looking lumpy to convince the other fella he doesn't know how to throw one, then lands a lightning sucker punch. The goals shocked us, but we rallied and could have got something. I think a fit Toby could have made a difference last night. Sanchez is a superb prospect but is a bit inexperienced for this level perhaps, he had a Dawson moment for their second goal.

Can't take anything from Juve, they deserved the win. They were cunts with their fouls the whole game though, and the comments afterwards lacked class.

I agree with Guido, this wise after the event stuff does my head in. We're in the process of growing as a team and a club. The trouble is, we have to gain experience and the only way to do that is in the fire. These CL matches are a different gravy to anything we've encountered, even the best PL sides. So we make mistakes at this level and we're out. Now we have to wait another year, hopefully, to go back and try again, applying the lessons we've learned.

I don't expect any negative reaction to last night from our players. They can hold their heads up after a good campaign. When the dust settles I think they'll be itching to get back into this competition and go further. For now we lick our wounds, get back up on our feet and go again Sunday.

There is no shame to going out to Juventus but this is the last time I want to take a "morale victory" from a loss. The core of our team is young but they have been in a number of big matches. You can see the progression but we need to start winning some of these big matches. It starts now with the FA Cup. We will surely get Man United or Chelsea in the semis (assuming we progress) We have to put this right. I don't expect us to win every match against a big club or in a cup semifinal or final but we have to start by winning at least ONE of them. Our team is way too talented to not come away with some silverware. We are the best side left in the FA Cup and we need to show it.

I'm gutted at the result, and in particular the way it all panned out, and whilst there is no shame in being knocked out by Juventus, you've got to hope that this team keeps progressing as it is and then surely, surely a trophy will come. Hopefully it's the FA cup this year.

Assuming the core of the team and the manager stay, I'd say that if we still haven't got anything to show for this progress in say 3 years time, you could probably start to think we may have missed our chance with the best team we've had in decades. That's just my opinion and of course some of you will think we need something sooner, I get that. We'll see.

Nearly 24 hours later and I’m still fuming with that result. I’m sick of outplaying teams and getting done. We’ve come along way under Poch but his reluctance to change alarms me. Wanyama should have come on at HT and shut up shop. Once again we are at centre stage for being bottlers by opposition fans and the media.

Also the atmosphere was atrocious at Wembley - can’t wait to be out of that shithole.

You can't be serious??

Besides, as someone else just pointed out, that picture of You and Mabbutt, was taken (judging by the kit) circa.1990/91.. YOU of all people must remember, and realise the SIGNIFICANCE of the FA Cup!

The Premier League/Champions League have somehow convinced the entire country that the Cups no longer matter. ..
But history tells us otherwise.

Just 'cos the financial rewards aren't the same as the CL/PL... it still counts! It's still glory.... it's just Glory we haven't tasted for a while.

Hi guys, I'm a Juve fan from Italy and I want to say something after reading the last 30 pages of this thread.
I think since Juve built the new stadium there was no team like Tottenham that ruled with no mercy in our home, I mean look Barcellona with neymar messi suarez lost 3 - 0 a year ago and you? You came, had the worst 10 first minutes of your CL and then with no fear you took out a draw while dominating with a 80 / 20 ball possession.
This means you have a very high level of quality in your team, especially from the midfield and up but you should try to change the way you play during some moments of the match.
Yesterday in an opposite situation Juve after the first goal would have immediately changed Higuain for Rugani and parked the bus in front of Buffon trying to cool down the game by controlling the ball and slowing down the rythm.
I know it's ugly to see this kind of tactics but in the end it pays out and in Europe you have to use these dark arts to gain something because there's a lot at stake, fuck the "nice-game", fuck the fair play, fuck everything in the end all that matters is the numbers of your goals against the opposite team.
Btw we had the same experience with Bayern Monaco 2 years ago like you had yesterday, it was awful, one of the worst football nights of my life but that's how it goes, sometimes you have luck and sometimes you don't.
I'm sorry for yesterday you deserved to win but football is a strange game, keep up with the good work and see you next year ;)

Back
Top Bottom