Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gutted with result, but proud of this team at the same time.
What is even more gutting is some of fans turning into woolwich followers. FFS
We controlled both games, yes we were nieve/did not have experience, but we were playing Juve.
Also we did make some mistakes that cost us, but we will learn from it.
Maybe Toby would have made a difference, but he wasn't available so how about giving a 21 yr old kid a bit of credit for playing against one of the best parings, with LOADS more experience than him.
WE are not woolwich
COYS.

Chin up
Bollocks but there experience and big game players got them through,
something we don't have and likely not to add to the first 11.
We did well and being realistic really we can only dream of that next step up .
Proud of our wonderful true fans .

It's where Poch is most stubborn.

I absolutely love the fact that Poch just wants to go for it but he needs to know WHEN to change things up. As soon as the clock hit 55th or 60th minute, we probably should have made a few changes and dropped a bit deeper. Juve HAD to come on to us and we are devastating on the break.

Big example was when Dele got a yellow. That was all of his aggression gone then. He wouldn't have wanted to miss the quarter finals, so his game went way down. Lamela should have come on there and then. Energy levels rise.

Win, draw or lose . I think we really need to be better with substitutions. I saw no point bringing LLorente on at the death.

It's where Poch is most stubborn.

I absolutely love the fact that Poch just wants to go for it but he needs to know WHEN to change things up. As soon as the clock hit 55th or 60th minute, we probably should have made a few changes and dropped a bit deeper. Juve HAD to come on to us and we are devastating on the break.

Big example was when Dele got a yellow. That was all of his aggression gone then. He wouldn't have wanted to miss the quarter finals, so his game went way down. Lamela should have come on there and then. Energy levels rise.

Or even Moura

Running at those defenders with yellows could have caused them more problems

Still proud of our performance overall though

Cheer up it could be worse.

You could have wasted 90 mins of your life by watching it.

We all knew deep , deep down it was going to happen, they did nothing all fucking game , but for 2 minutes decided they needed to score so did, twice.

We huffed and puffed for the rest of it, and hey, guess what happened ?
And how about you fuck off you bloody mug?

FIXED! Fucking dirty cunts that everyone will now laud as experienced Winners!
...and to think, I made lasagne tonight!
The fuck was I thinking?
Here's an anecdote that came back to bite me on the bellend tonight.

Do you remember England playing Italy in the qualifiers for the 98 World Cup (I think), we needed a draw in Italy in the last game to qualify.

We were poor and it didn't look good, I was watching in an Irish pub here with three English mates and a Russian lad. Just after half time Sergei says he's hungry, asks for the bar menu and orders a pizza. There's an audible sigh from the English lads. Barman comes back and says "No pizza, sorry" Sergei looks again and orders a pasty and chips. Hurrah! After that England really picked up, I remember Ian Wright in particular playing really well.

So after this we had a theory. No food or drink from your opponents' country. English food and Britpop at full pelt. Glory glory guaranteed.

You had lasagna tonight, I made a homemade pizza. Doubt either of us cranked up the Chaz 'n' Dave. It's all on us mate.

:townhmm::dawsonmean::avbmad::bmj::klinsmann:

Last edited:
Fuck- had to watch this game next to a coworker in a pub who jackass-ishly announced at kickoff that he had bet money on Juventus.

It was damn shame that nobody tracked Dybala for his second goal- son of a bitch walked right through our defense :-( Somebody should check out video of that in the next training session- details like that win or lose games for you...

Anyways, it was a good CL run in the end. Just a fucking shame we couldn't get through this one.

Back
Top Bottom