Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me he was immense all night and didn't put a foot wrong, that second goal is solely on trippier, he can see dyabalas run but ball watches for a split second and instead of chasing him down to at least put some pressure on he waves his arm in the air for offside.
Wanted to put agree, but my view of the 2nd goal was (have to see again) that Dier and Dembele went walk about.
Dembele (I think??) was trying to close down their defenders at the time.
Agree re Sanchez

Wanted to put agree, but my view of the 2nd goal was (have to see again) that Dier and Dembele went walk about.
Agree re Sanchez

Yea- it seemed like Dier was the one who ought to have been tracking him. It's a bit unfair but the of smallest errors win or lose games in matches like this...

It would be easier if we didn’t have so many annoying cunts who only are negative pieces of shit.
Should everyone be happy and see the positives?

I much prefer and understand those who are a bit disappointed.

They will calm down but I stand by the fact that now even more than tonight, Pochettino must give and I am sure he will, the FA Cup all the respect and commitment it deserves.

Agree re Sanchez
I think maybe dier or dembele could have done better in stopping the passing lane for the initial ball into higuain, but after that dyabalas run can easily be stopped, trippier sees his run but then goes to sleep a split second and tries to play offside instead of following the man.

Disappointed, sure, but it was always going to be tough and while we were the better team over the two legs - the pens (or not pen) probably evened it out. Fine margins, but aside from Davies I thought most of the team played as well as you could expect against one of the great sides in Europe.

tenor.gif
Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

giphy.gif

I think maybe dier or dembele could have done better in stopping the passing lane for the initial ball into higuain, but after that dyabalas run can easily be stopped, trippier sees his run but then goes to sleep a split second and tries to play offside instead of following the man.
OK will have to see again. Seems like a bit of a fuck up all round.

Sanchez. Hell of a player. But imagine Alderweireld slotting in at the back tonight. Back 3 tonight would have been tasty. Either way. Super upset about the loss. Super pumped for how we played against the runners up 2 years running. We dominated the game. Once again we weren’t clinical. This team is building to be something great

Anyone else see the juve fans who thought it would be a good idea to celebrate in the home end get cleaned out? :dembelelol:
There were a few in 514. They got told to shut the fuck up & some wanker steward had the bare arse cheek to start saying that if there was any threatening behaviour we would be thrown out of our own end for telling Juve cunts to shut the fuck up. Mind boggling. Just throw the cunts out. Problem solved. No angry fans.

It would be easier if we didn’t have so many annoying cunts who only are negative pieces of shit.

I can get the negativity; it’s an emotional sport after all. It’s the hatred that I don’t understand. We were 45 minutes away from an incredible result, but because that didn’t happen the team are bottlers? And anyone who recognises the good things about this team and CL campaign are cunts?

All seems a bit entitled to me. We have a great chance of actually winning the FA Cup, and we’re in a good position for CL qualification again. How about focussing on that instead of crying about being knocked out by one of the best teams in Europe? It’s not as if we got schooled. We were the better team in Turin, and the better team for much of this evening’s game. We lost, but nobody with eyes can say we didn’t go down fighting.

Back
Top Bottom