Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi guys! I am a Naples supporter, I want to congratulate you on yesterday's match. I really love your team, I appreciate your talents and the way Pochettino has given tactical set up to the team. As EPL's fan, I have watched a lot of Spurs matches and I have opportunity to enjoy your game-style. I am totally mad about how you fill the half spaces with quality players like Eriksen and Alli and ahead the match I was pretty sure Juventus would have found difficulties facing your pace and pressing. Still yet, don't underestimate Jubentus for the return leg, they never die and can rely on many resources, they got the same draw 2 years ago vs Bayern Monaco (the best Bayern Monaco of the recent years in my opinion) and they managed to dominate the game at Allianz...they didnt go through because of an individual mistake by Evra. Nobody appreciates Juventus in Italy, we hate their arrogance, they are unfair and can exert a strong influence on the referees...just try to remind of Calciopoli! Besides this, I despise their way of playing, just sitting back and counter attacking...really boring. So smash them! Break your leg for the second leg!!

Hi guys! I am a Naples supporter, I want to congratulate you on yesterday's match. I really love your team, I appreciate your talents and the way Pochettino has given tactical set up to the team. As EPL's fan, I have watched a lot of Spurs matches and I have opportunity to enjoy your game-style. I am totally mad about how you fill the half spaces with quality players like Eriksen and Alli and ahead the match I was pretty sure Juventus would have found difficulties facing your pace and pressing. Still yet, don't underestimate Jubentus for the return leg, they never die and can rely on many resources, they got the same draw 2 years ago vs Bayern Monaco (the best Bayern Monaco of the recent years in my opinion) and they managed to dominate the game at Allianz...they didnt go through because of an individual mistake by Evra. Nobody appreciates Juventus in Italy, we hate their arrogance, they are unfair and can exert a strong influence on the referees...just try to remind of Calciopoli! Besides this, I despise their way of playing, just sitting back and counter attacking...really boring. So smash them! Break your leg for the second leg!!
ciao Napoli! Io sono di Torino e li detesto i gobbi :)

Go for the kill early on. We should be able to score a few against them. But it wouldn't be us if we did it the easy way.
So I'm predicting 1-1 & sneaking through on away goals.
Then other fans & the media say actually you didn't beat juve. We went through by default. But who cares.
Son could have an important role to play by coming on against tired juve legs.

In bocca al lupo this season. Hope you win Serie A.

Did you know Maradona once played for Spurs?

It's not like we will sit back and defend our away goal advantage. We only play one way which is Dominate and that's what we'll do in this return fixture,
I’m not so sure. We put Madrid to the sword by sitting back a little bit not letting them anywhere near our goal. We repeatedly hit them on the counter. Same with Dortmund.
They have to score or die trying. I’d love to see us beat an Italian side at an art they have perfected down the years. Waste time, rattle them, niggle them. But don’t let them near Hugo.
If we can do that for half an hour, we will take them to the fucking cleaners. Their legs won’t be able to deal with Wembley & a fully charged Spurs side. My only worry is conceding early & then watch their theatrics, time wasting & giving a defensive masterclass- in spite of last night, they are very capable of defending a lead.

I’m not so sure. We put Madrid to the sword by sitting back a little bit not letting them anywhere near our goal. We repeatedly hit them on the counter. Same with Dortmund.
They have to score or die trying. I’d love to see us beat an Italian side at an art they have perfected down the years. Waste time, rattle them, niggle them. But don’t let them near Hugo.
If we can do that for half an hour, we will take them to the fucking cleaners. Their legs won’t be able to deal with Wembley & a fully charged Spurs side. My only worry is conceding early & then watch their theatrics, time wasting & giving a defensive masterclass- in spite of last night, they are very capable of defending a lead.

It’s certainly not the scenario they were hoping for.

As Mourinhmoan said after we battered United, that early goal meant they had to play into our hands. It’s exactly the same with Juve. They have to score. No good sitting back and inviting us to attack. We’ll just play ole football all day long, and encourage them to come at us. 2-2 puts them significantly outside their comfort zone because even one goal probably won’t be enough. They have to attack, but one goal from us means they need two. It’s a while away as well, so there’s a good chance we’ll have Alderweireld back by that point as well.

I agree that we’ll probably avoid the gung-ho approach. Why play into their hands when we don’t have to?

It’s certainly not the scenario they were hoping for.

As Mourinhmoan said after we battered United, that early goal meant they had to play into our hands. It’s exactly the same with Juve. They have to score. No good sitting back and inviting us to attack. We’ll just play ole football all day long, and encourage them to come at us. 2-2 puts them significantly outside their comfort zone because even one goal probably won’t be enough. They have to attack, but one goal from us means they need two. It’s a while away as well, so there’s a good chance we’ll have Alderweireld back by that point as well.

I agree that we’ll probably avoid the gung-ho approach. Why play into their hands when we don’t have to?
We’ve just got to come out of the traps awake & not gift them anything they can then hang on to. We were incredible last night. I wouldn’t want to give them another head start in the reverse & have to rely on another “other world” performance to edge through. As you say, the tie is in our favour with 2 away goals. Let them huff & puff & blow themselves out. If we do that, we will destroy them over 90 mins.

Back
Top Bottom