Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are out in force, all over the place, legions of them dancing with joy at our defeat. It's quite striking just how hated we are these days. All that, along with Chiellini's comments, will hopefully make the team angry and focused on hitting back, hard. A lot of people want us to fail, to be found out and put back in our place. We have to show them that it will go very definitely the other way.

Er......we were found out last night at the Home of Football doh!!!

Look where's your "Dunkirk spirit "
The ride was good , we were never going to win it . It may have lasted longer but the pain was always around the corner. A trip to the dentist was always on the horizon.
Look top 4 looks better while the others plod on , wait till they play the big teams it will suck them dry.
Don't let that cuntish media led by Talkshite drive you down .it's crap, predictable as you can guess the stance of shit coming up.
It's hard but move on and for once win some glory in the F.A.cup. lf not it we have regressed from challenging for a title to just top 4.
There so much to look forward to , just give Poch a decent budget to step up.

Last edited:
The blues have already kicked in. Seriously fucked off. I know I should be proud of spurs and I am, but I wanted this so much. The wife complaining already that iam short with her.

"it's always the same when the spurs lose you take it out on me"

I need this like I need a kick in the head. This spurs side I really invested in and I am sure they'll come good again but fuck it I am pissed of.

The highs are extraordinary but fuck me the lows are a killer. Must treat myself to a bang on the come here to laugh at Woolwich thread.

Coys

Let me get this right. A man with the blood of civilians on his hands yearns for a sanitised version of history?
depress.jpg

You can't be serious??

Besides, as someone else just pointed out, that picture of You and Mabbutt, was taken (judging by the kit) circa.1990/91.. YOU of all people must remember, and realise the SIGNIFICANCE of the FA Cup!

The Premier League/Champions League have somehow convinced the entire country that the Cups no longer matter. ..
But history tells us otherwise.

Just 'cos the financial rewards aren't the same as the CL/PL... it still counts! It's still glory.... it's just Glory we haven't tasted for a while.
That FA cup win was significant. It had everything. The run to the final had everything.
But times have changed. I outlined the reasons why. I can't be fucked arguing with all you ''ah well, lesson learned, onwards and upwards" romantic types.

When you eventually grow the balls to stare our new reality in the face, you'll see we have lost all momentum now. The ripple from this loss will be significant; it will be epoch defining.

Salami Vincentius . The champion league has gone . Te FA Cup is more important to us than ever it's an opportunity as with last night to progress favourably in competition we need to be 100%. Last night was disappointing beyond belief but it's happened and we have to move on - top 4 and FA Cup is all we've got left.
Top four might retain our manager and some of our best players. FA Cup is neither here nor there

I think Poch's stock dropped a bit last night. It was clear we were starting to lose control of the game following their subs. Asamoa and the lanky Swiss fella on either flanks. Changes needed to be made. Lamela on for Dele to shore up the right and Rose on for Son or even Kane to shore up the left. It was just a case of seeing the game out, being compact - everything they did when they got ahead! And the changes when they went ahead were poor. It should have been Moura on not Lamela. He's been a great manager for us obviously but, from the League Cup final in his first season to last night last, he has often been out manouvered in the big games and been unable to find an answer.

Nearly 24 hours later and I’m still fuming with that result. I’m sick of outplaying teams and getting done. We’ve come along way under Poch but his reluctance to change alarms me. Wanyama should have come on at HT and shut up shop. Once again we are at centre stage for being bottlers by opposition fans and the media.

Also the atmosphere was atrocious at Wembley - can’t wait to be out of that shithole.
All fair comment. Do you think we need a new manager to take us to the next level?

I think Poch's stock dropped a bit last night. It was clear we were starting to lose control of the game following their subs. Asamoa and the lanky Swiss fella on either flanks. Changes needed to be made. Lamela on for Dele to shore up the right and Rose on for Son or even Kane to shore up the left. It was just a case of seeing the game out, being compact - everything they did when they got ahead! And the changes when they went ahead were poor. It should have been Moura on not Lamela. He's been a great manager for us obviously but, from the League Cup final in his first season to last night last, he has often been out manouvered in the big games and been unable to find an answer.
It's not comfortable to agree with this, but you might have a point. Is Poch a builder of teams rather than a winner of competitions?

It's not comfortable to agree with this, but you might have a point. Is Poch a builder of teams rather than a winner of competitions?

The accusation will always be there until he wins silverware and gets the job done in those big moments the way managers like Mourinho and Simeone have over the years. Being able to totally shut a game down is something we need to be able to do, we need to morph into a Pullis or Allardyce team when in a winning position late on against high class opponents.

It is so annoying, 2-2 away draw, 1-0 up the first have, comfortable could have been more. On the stands, I told people around me at half time to park the bus for the next 45 mins.
Hard to take the loss the way happened. I call it naivety and no experience in such matches. Plus playing a team like juve with full of experience and know how. They stole the tie, they are spaghetti pasta pizza munching thieves. They did the same with 2006 WC.
No point to blame individuals. We couldn't do it. Learn. Move on.
The better team did not go through.

Last edited:
Sorry? I'm a pseud?

You posted a pompous response. You responded with a painting called 'Depression'. No words. I didn't deserve your words.

I wondered who the artist is. Why? Because that kind of shit interests me. So I checked that out and replied with my own, original thoughts. For that you call me a pseud?

Fuck you.

That second goal was some of the shittiest defending I've seen from us. It was a combination of the back four, but how is Vertonghen not aware his central partner is pressing the forward and leaving his space open. It's not like Verts has to stay in his space becuase no one is near him. At 1-1 we are winning the tie and we lose with child-like defending. Beyond frustrating.

At the end of the day, if one of those Son chances or Kane's header had gone in then we take them to extra time and possibly win. Then Poch's changes were a stroke of genius and the team were brilliant.

Its a game of fine margins and they 'managed' the game better than us when they needed to and rode their luck at other times.

Every year Poch has been criticised for some deficiency in his management style and the following season he has addressed it and come up with solutions. This is our 3rd season of CL football and we have bettered Madrid and Dortmund over 2 games and been the better side and dominated against Juve over 2 games. Be proud of our team.

I was referring to the game we just watched. Plus he didn’t put a foot wrong after the penalty, Maybe you need to have another look without your agenda
Well if you actually read my post I mentioned both legs when mentioning Davies. Seems like you the one with the agenda here.

Back
Top Bottom