Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree - that station is the source of 21h Spurs vitriol/Break up the team/sell them all (3h of Danny Kelly is alway intelligent and worth listening to)

Plus as documented on his thread he is a gooner cunt, so should be ignored

Let’s see where we stand end of season, not start of March
Only ones I like on there are Danny Kelly and Paul Hawksby. Rest are wind up merchants and as for Jason Cundy last night - he is clueless. Even Andy Goldstein sounded embarrassed by his idiotic comments.

Any cunt trying to convince me that the FA is of any consequence just insults my intelligence. Fuck them, and fuck the FA cup.

We had a gilded opportunity of real footballing importance yesterday, and we shat our knickers in the most public of ways. Today we are a disgrace. A joke. A European laughing stock.

Toby and Eriksen will be having meetings with their agents today. The wheels are being set in motion. And we deserve all we get.

Lol

kcs_4012189a.png

At the end of the day, if one of those Son chances or Kane's header had gone in then we take them to extra time and possibly win. Then Poch's changes were a stroke of genius and the team were brilliant.

Its a game of fine margins and they 'managed' the game better than us when they needed to and rode their luck at other times.

Every year Poch has been criticised for some deficiency in his management style and the following season he has addressed it and come up with solutions. This is our 3rd season of CL football and we have bettered Madrid and Dortmund over 2 games and been the better side and dominated against Juve over 2 games. Be proud of our team.
Agreed that it's a game of fine margins. No doubt about it. But you gotta start questioning the mentality of the squad when the club comes out on the losing end via all these big moments and opportunities. Last year vs Chelsea via FA Cup and Genk via Europa. Now this year via CL vs Juventus. All of em where Spurs had the upper hand but couldnt get it done. It's clearly a concerning trend that I'm really hoping Spurs buck via this year's FA Cup. It's almost a must win to an extent to quiet the press/naysayers plus inject an air of winning/confidence that the club n supporters need right now.

The Italian defensive football culture, Catenaccio, wasn't on show from Juve last night, that defensive culture is not to concede a goal and 23 shots on your goal.

After you scored we were still pulling you about all over the place, we still got behind you, we hit the post.

You are conforming to the narrative of tactical masterclass and a brilliant defensive display, and defaulting to a style of play that actually didn't exist from Juve tonight. You adapt to this narrative because you won, but in no way was your performance warrant that tired Italian Catenaccio nonsense for this game. If you don't take the only chances you had there is a different story to be had, one of being dominated, old, slow.

What is really impressive from Juve is staying alive in a game you are losing, to be outplayed but remain in the game. Chelsea have done this for years too. This magic dust is why you won, this brilliant ability to stay in the game.

Well actually juve and almost no Italian team plays catenaccio any more if that word is used to make reference to the old system brought to fame by Rocco's Triestina and Milan in the post war years later taken over and developed by Herrera's Inter. But leaving tactics aside for another day and using the term in the loose sense of defensive culture , it is true that Juve left many opportunities to Spurs, way more than in any other game in the last year including the matches we lost against Barca and Real.
That has a lot to do both with some major blunders by Allegri, poor match form of many of our key players and of course with the quality of your midfield and forwards, once he fixed the biggest mistake by removing Barzagli from RB position the game turn almost immediately and after the goals Juve was in control there was not any major chance except on the wood hit by kane 1 meter offside . So far from a tacticla masterclass it was more a case of who screwed up less. Allegri was lucky to amend the mistake before conceding a second goal while Poch was extremely naive in keeping the defensive line 40 mts away from the goal when the score was 1-1 taking unnecessary risks since you were going thru and considering the quality of your CBs that is far from being on par with the rest of the team

Well actually juve and almost no Italian team plays catenaccio any more if that word is used to make reference to the old system brought to fame by Rocco's Triestina and Milan in the post war years later taken over and developed by Herrera's Inter. But leaving tactics aside for another day and using the term in the loose sense of defensive culture , it is true that Juve left many opportunities to Spurs, way more than in any other game in the last year including the matches we lost against Barca and Real.
That has a lot to do both with some major blunders by Allegri, poor match form of many of our key players and of course with the quality of your midfield and forwards, once he fixed the biggest mistake by removing Barzagli from RB position the game turn almost immediately and after the goals Juve was in control there was not any major chance except on the wood hit by kane 1 meter offside . So far from a tacticla masterclass it was more a case of who screwed up less. Allegri was lucky to amend the mistake before conceding a second goal while Poch was extremely naive in keeping the defensive line 40 mts away from the goal when the score was 1-1 taking unnecessary risks since you were going thru and considering the quality of your CBs that is far from being on par with the rest of the team

Harsh on Jan and Sanchez imo. Jan has been outstanding this season and Sanchez has undoubtedly quality but is still young.

You won, fair enough, pissed off about it but so be it.

Now kindly, fuck off.*

;-)

* Before you go clear up one thing for me, what do you think of Liverpool?

:)

Hi guys, I'm a Juve fan from Italy and I want to say something after reading the last 30 pages of this thread.
I think since Juve built the new stadium there was no team like Tottenham that ruled with no mercy in our home, I mean look Barcellona with neymar messi suarez lost 3 - 0 a year ago and you? You came, had the worst 10 first minutes of your CL and then with no fear you took out a draw while dominating with a 80 / 20 ball possession.
This means you have a very high level of quality in your team, especially from the midfield and up but you should try to change the way you play during some moments of the match.
Yesterday in an opposite situation Juve after the first goal would have immediately changed Higuain for Rugani and parked the bus in front of Buffon trying to cool down the game by controlling the ball and slowing down the rythm.
I know it's ugly to see this kind of tactics but in the end it pays out and in Europe you have to use these dark arts to gain something because there's a lot at stake, fuck the "nice-game", fuck the fair play, fuck everything in the end all that matters is the numbers of your goals against the opposite team.
Btw we had the same experience with Bayern Monaco 2 years ago like you had yesterday, it was awful, one of the worst football nights of my life but that's how it goes, sometimes you have luck and sometimes you don't.
I'm sorry for yesterday you deserved to win but football is a strange game, keep up with the good work and see you next year ;)
Do Dark Arts include standing on an opponents' leg? Is that the way you do it..?
"Fuck the nice-game and fair-play" you say...? Fine.
Thanks for the lesson. Consider it learned.

Can't wait to see the reaction next time someone stands on Higuain's leg when the ref isn't looking... like a sneaky, piccola fica sporca!

Barzagli got his tactical job spot on by kicking and stamping Son out of the game.

Well if you actually read my post I mentioned both legs when mentioning Davies. Seems like you the one with the agenda here.
Yet you still insist he played badly. Which he didn’t over both legs. Yes he was responsible for a penalty but if the officials were worth their paycheque so would Jan. Davies has been exceptional for the past 18 months and getting better. No reason for him to be singled out

Sorry? I'm a pseud?

You posted a pompous response. You responded with a painting called 'Depression'. No words. I didn't deserve your words.

I wondered who the artist is. Why? Because that kind of shit interests me. So I checked that out and replied with my own, original thoughts. For that you call me a pseud?

Fuck you.
Nice
its a picture of someone with their head in their hands, symbolising the despair that your posts induce.
You might enjoy your obnoxious behaviour and think it all wonderfully jolly - but most of the normal world just thinks you come over as a bit of a knob.
If it was of interest to you - why did you feel the need to share it with everyone else? To show us that you can use google?

Don't answer, it's rhetorical - I really don't care.

Hi guys, I'm a Juve fan from Italy and I want to say something after reading the last 30 pages of this thread.
I think since Juve built the new stadium there was no team like Tottenham that ruled with no mercy in our home, I mean look Barcellona with neymar messi suarez lost 3 - 0 a year ago and you? You came, had the worst 10 first minutes of your CL and then with no fear you took out a draw while dominating with a 80 / 20 ball possession.
This means you have a very high level of quality in your team, especially from the midfield and up but you should try to change the way you play during some moments of the match.
Yesterday in an opposite situation Juve after the first goal would have immediately changed Higuain for Rugani and parked the bus in front of Buffon trying to cool down the game by controlling the ball and slowing down the rythm.
I know it's ugly to see this kind of tactics but in the end it pays out and in Europe you have to use these dark arts to gain something because there's a lot at stake, fuck the "nice-game", fuck the fair play, fuck everything in the end all that matters is the numbers of your goals against the opposite team.
Btw we had the same experience with Bayern Monaco 2 years ago like you had yesterday, it was awful, one of the worst football nights of my life but that's how it goes, sometimes you have luck and sometimes you don't.
I'm sorry for yesterday you deserved to win but football is a strange game, keep up with the good work and see you next year ;)
I am not sure I want us to go down that road to be honest.
Anyway, good luck in the next round ... do us all a favour and put Liverpool out if you get the chance.

With a bit of time to process, I truly don’t think that the result last night was anything to do with a “weak mentality” or bad defending. It was largely just down to the rub of the green. We were only centimetres away from pulling it back, had Harry’s header just tipped over the line. We controlled a large majority of the game. I didn’t see any sign of any kind of “tactical masterclass” from Juve. They were all over the shop in the first half. The only thing they did particularly well was to park the bus and cheat their way to the end once they had taken the lead. Chiellani is a champion cunt for coming out with what he said. Totally classless. Overall I’m disappointed we didn’t take some of the better scoring chances we had, but I have nothing but pride for the team, the effort they put in and our run in this tournament. We’ve had the toughest draws of any of the PL teams and proved a lot of people wrong. I never expected to win it but am just gutted that we didn’t beat Juve as I am 100% confident that we are a better team than them on our day. Hopefully lessons learned and we’ll get even further next year.

Last edited:
Any cunt trying to convince me that the FA is of any consequence just insults my intelligence. Fuck them, and fuck the FA cup.

We had a gilded opportunity of real footballing importance yesterday, and we shat our knickers in the most public of ways. Today we are a disgrace. A joke. A European laughing stock.

Toby and Eriksen will be having meetings with their agents today. The wheels are being set in motion. And we deserve all we get.
With fans like these, who needs rivals?

My biggest concern is how soon the team breaks up if we don't win anything soon.

For me this team has the most potential since the 80,s.

Hoping the new ground keeps them with us for at least another season.

It's nasty.. it's nasty the way we got knocked out. It hurts so bad that i can't even get myself to concetrate to do my daily stuff. It could have gone all the other way. we gained confidence but higher you get above more painful it is to fall... and that was the case..

But we nave to be proud of spurs, what a stunning campaign it was..

Juve did what they planned to do, even though we outclassed them in so many situations it feels like we were in their trap right from the first minutes of the first match. I listened to chielini post match int and he said they were just waiting for their chance and were just staying calm.. that's experience guys!

It shouldn't hurt the way it does losing against Juve.
C'mon! they are a damn Italian team! and as if it were not enough they are The BEST italian team and yesterday they have done what italians do the best... get a sneaky win and leave if you hungry

Juve are on the way of winning their 7th scudeto in the raw and played 2 of last 3 CL finals damit. They don't flip the ball and roll it around their tits to entertain you and show beautiful footy but they are cynical and are like the dark side of football and have their very own kind of dark force within them. You can outplay them but you can never be sure to win

SON was great yesterday, his pace against barzali was lethal but well..
Chielini playing handball most of the times, the ref didn't give even a foul.. not even once and barzali should have received at least yellow for stepping on son, it didnt seem to me that unintentional

Last edited:
With a bit of time to process, I truly don’t think that the result last night was anything to do with a “weak mentality” or bad defending. It was largely just down to the rub of the green. We were only centimetres away from winning the tie, had Harry’s header just tipped over the line. We controlled a large majority of the game. I didn’t see any sign of any kind of “tactical masterclass” from Juve. They were all over the shop in the first half. The only thing they did particularly well was to park the bus and cheat their way to the end once they had taken the lead. Chiellani is a champion cunt for coming out with what he said. Totally classless. Overall I’m disappointed we didn’t take some of the better scoring chances we had, but I have nothing but pride for the team, the effort they put in and our run in this tournament. We’ve had the toughest draws of any of the PL teams and proved a lot of people wrong. I never expected to win it but am just gutted that we didn’t beat Juve as I am 100% confident that we are a better team than them on our day. Hopefully lessons learned and we’ll get even further next year.
They missed a penalty at theirs and should have had one at ours. I don't think all the calls went against us by any means.
Shit happens mate, on to the next game.

They missed a penalty at theirs and should have had one at ours. I don't think all the calls went against us by any means.
Shit happens mate, on to the next game.

Yeah, it’s not even that I feel we deserved to win, just that we could have. We deserve a bit more credit for going toe to toe with a team like Juve. I’m mostly pissed off by Chiellani’s comments, I think he is bang out of order trying to belittle us the way he did. In no way was that a walk in the park for them.

Last edited:
Do Dark Arts include standing on an opponents' leg? Is that the way you do it..?
"Fuck the nice-game and fair-play" you say...? Fine.
Thanks for the lesson. Consider it learned.

Can't wait to see the reaction next time someone stands on Higuain's leg when the ref isn't looking... like a sneaky, piccola fica sporca!

Nope, it means to be smart, you were winning 1 - 0, even a 1-1 wasn't enough for juve to pass and instead of slowing down the pace and controlling the game you continued to play aggressively with your defence 40mt away from the goalkeeper.
In these kind of matches you have to know when it's time to punish and when it's time to slow down.
Btw last year Glik jumped on Higuain's leg and we still managed to win, so don't whine for Barzagli, it happens, we had a penalty with that foul on Douglas Costa not seen only by the ref.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom