Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of our fans are unbelievable..

We go 17 games without losing and because we lost a game we are bottlers, Poch is useless and we are going to lose our stars.

Let me explain how football works.. you either win, lose or draw.

Last night we lost ( as I said our first defeat in 18 games) it happens, we were against a decent opponent.

IN FOOTBALL YOU DONT WIN EVERY GAME.

Nice
its a picture of someone with their head in their hands, symbolising the despair that your posts induce.
You might enjoy your obnoxious behaviour and think it all wonderfully jolly - but most of the normal world just thinks you come over as a bit of a knob.
If it was of interest to you - why did you feel the need to share it with everyone else? To show us that you can use google?

Don't answer, it's rhetorical - I really don't care.
Got to love that. Hey, you’re obnoxious... followed by the thread’s most obnoxious post. Insert facepalm emoji at will

Nope, it means to be smart, you were winning 1 - 0, even a 1-1 wasn't enough for juve to pass and instead of slowing down the pace and controlling the game you continued to play aggressively with your defence 40mt away from the goalkeeper.
In these kind of matches you have to know when it's time to punish and when it's time to slow down.
Btw last year Glik jumped on Higuain's leg and we still managed to win, so don't whine for Barzagli, it happens, we had a free kick with that foul on Douglas Costa not seen only by the ref.

Alright, alright, we get it. Ffs.

Congrats you're through, we're out. End of. Should we play you again next season I hope we stuff you but by playing the Spurs Way.

We're not an Italian club, we're English. We have our way of doing things, you have yours.

Peace.

Alright, alright, we get it. Ffs.

Congrats you're through, we're out. End of. Should we play you again next season I hope we stuff you but by playing the Spurs Way.

We're not an Italian club, we're English. We have our way of doing things, you have yours.

Peace.

Hey I'm not here to teach lessons or make fun of you, my first post was only full of congratulations for your team and how you outplayed us in Turin.

Well actually juve and almost no Italian team plays catenaccio any more if that word is used to make reference to the old system brought to fame by Rocco's Triestina and Milan in the post war years later taken over and developed by Herrera's Inter. But leaving tactics aside for another day and using the term in the loose sense of defensive culture , it is true that Juve left many opportunities to Spurs, way more than in any other game in the last year including the matches we lost against Barca and Real.
That has a lot to do both with some major blunders by Allegri, poor match form of many of our key players and of course with the quality of your midfield and forwards, once he fixed the biggest mistake by removing Barzagli from RB position the game turn almost immediately and after the goals Juve was in control there was not any major chance except on the wood hit by kane 1 meter offside . So far from a tacticla masterclass it was more a case of who screwed up less. Allegri was lucky to amend the mistake before conceding a second goal while Poch was extremely naive in keeping the defensive line 40 mts away from the goal when the score was 1-1 taking unnecessary risks since you were going thru and considering the quality of your CBs that is far from being on par with the rest of the team
Again I disagree, after you scored you didn't have control of the game, you sat deeper because you were forced to, we still got behind you (Son's chance also inches wide and loads of last ditched blocks). We regularly play against teams with zero ambition to win the game in the PL and we have been far more frustrated against Palace, Burnley, Chelsea, Bournemouth, WBA in all honesty they were better at it than you.

Yes you have the personnel to sit back and you are perhaps better prepared to do that, which is why I still maintain why we wouldn't chose to do that ourselves, not with this defence, if we had our best defence out on the pitch, primarily with Alderweireld (he is our Chiellini), if he was playing we would have/could have sat deep and played with 3 CB + 2 wingbacks just as we did in both games against BVB. But as I said to you earlier to do that and invite you onto us without Alderweireld would IMO have been suicide against Dybala, Higuaín et al.

I think over the two legs both teams rode they luck, your first goal in Turin was clearly offside but you missed a pen. At Wembley you should have had a penalty (Vertonghen on Costa) but so should we (Shirt pull on Vertonghen), you should also have had Barzagli sent off, if not a straight red card for his 3 stamps on Son, then for multiple yellow card fouls, same with a couple of your other players who were really fortunate not to see 2 yellows.

If I sound like a poor loser then so be it, I do know that you were extremely lucky to beat us, absolutely nothing will convince me otherwise. I have a lot of respect for Juve and whilst I know we are a hard side to beat, I wish that we possessed whatever it is that Juve have to get over the line, if that's called luck then I'll take it. If it's guile, knowhow, experience then that needs to be quantified because I didn't see that from you.

Again I disagree, after you scored you didn't have control of the game, you sat deeper because you were forced to, we still got behind you (Son's chance also inches wide and loads of last ditched blocks). We regularly play against teams with zero ambition to win the game in the PL and we have been far more frustrated against Palace, Burnley, Chelsea, Bournemouth, WBA in all honesty they were better at it than you.

Yes you have the personnel to sit back and you are perhaps better prepared to do that, which is why I still maintain why we wouldn't chose to do that ourselves, not with this defence, if we had our best defence out on the pitch, primarily with Alderweireld (he is our Chiellini), if he was playing we would have/could have sat deep and played with 3 CB + 2 wingbacks just as we did in both games against BVB. But as I said to you earlier to do that and invite you onto us without Alderweireld would IMO have been suicide against Dybala, Higuaín et al.

I think over the two legs both teams rode they luck, your first goal in Turin was clearly offside but you missed a pen. At Wembley you should have had a penalty (Vertonghen on Costa) but so should we (Shirt pull on Vertonghen), you should also have had Barzagli sent off, if not a straight red card for his 3 stamps on Son, then for multiple yellow card fouls, same with a couple of your other players who were really fortunate not to see 2 yellows.

If I sound like a poor loser then so be it, I do know that you were extremely lucky to beat us, absolutely nothing will convince me otherwise. I have a lot of respect for Juve and whilst I know we are a hard side to beat, I wish that we possessed whatever it is that Juve have to get over the line, if that's called luck then I'll take it. If it's guile, knowhow, experience then that needs to be quantified because I didn't see that from you.
giphy.gif

Can we burn this fucking thread now

Gone from pride to utter irritation. Entitlement is a fucking joke, and most of its from the people who never thought we could even win the CL
Quality that and fair play to Bellamy who was very complimentary of Spurs

He's actually always been quite decent about us, said one of his biggest regrets is not joining Spurs when Arry was interested in him.

Back
Top Bottom