Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where are you from? I like your comments.
You're right on many Italian supporters.
I’m italian ( from Umbria) and live in Genoa.

:)

Well, I was born in Russia, but live in Czech republic.
I know I'm right because I go to Italy every year (Genoa visited as well :))and also have some good friends there, so I see them and their behaviour)))

Fact is, we haven't had a HOME CL fixture since the Real QF under Harry.
Let's make sure we qualify again and let's see what damage we can do with a proper football ground and the lessons learned from this campaign.

Fact is, we haven't had a HOME CL fixture since the Real QF under Harry.
Let's make sure we qualify again and let's see what damage we can do with a proper football ground and the lessons learned from this campaign.

We can get Michael Flatley on board so we can teach our players how to dance on opponents who fall over when they are fouled.
So people can say we are giving a "masterclass" when they really mean conning referees, cheating, being too scared to come out and actually play the game and getting the board of your club to go full on "Corleone" with the match officials

But like the Murphy's, I'm not bitter

:)

Fuck off you old wankstain.
Hi Maccer,
Having gone through 12 pages of ratings I have given, this is the only one I can find where I gave you a "disagree".
I can honestly say that this was not meant at all as I had not disagreed with your previous posts on this thread.
I must of accidently hit the the wrong button.
Therefore I am changing it to agree. just wish you had asked me first.
:dierpochhug:

Voted you for the bin you cunt, lets hope others follow .

Hahaha! Just so everyone knows Maccer Maccer just been through and done 15 disagrees on my posts.
Am all for free speech but he's annoyed I asked for him to be binned for blatant wum and troll.

Can we please vote him for the red?

Twat!
Edit: also see stevee stevee received similar treatment for daring to disagree

Hahaha! Just so everyone knows Maccer Maccer just been through and done 15 disagrees on my posts.
Am all for free speech but he's annoyed I asked for him to be binned for blatant wum and troll.

Can we please vote him for the red?

Twat!
Edit: also see stevee stevee received similar treatment for daring to disagree
You must of seen my post on another thread.
I tried offering an apology/hand of friendship as the one post of his that I disagreed with was a genuine mistake, he has not replied.
Honestly can not believe that someone can be so childish, we ALL get "disagrees".
Everyone has different opinions, but to go through all the threads and scroll through looking for a name, purely to click disagree..... wow.

You must of seen my post on another thread.
I tried offering an apology/hand of friendship as the one post of his that I disagreed with was a genuine mistake, he has not replied.
Honestly can not believe that someone can be so childish, we ALL get "disagrees".
Everyone has different opinions, but to go through all the threads and scroll through looking for a name, purely to click disagree..... wow.

Am all up for a bit of disagreement and the odd cunt off but if you search Maccer Maccer posts there's some really vile unnecessary ones.

Good to chat to you again mate....recovered from Wednesday yet? Am getting there but mostly cursing the jammy dippers for their draw! I posed the question a while back of would we rather have an easier draw or bigger teams and unanimously we wanted the glamour ties....which we sure got....but it sure makes life tough!

Good reaction tomorrow at Bournemouth I fancy!

Am all up for a bit of disagreement and the odd cunt off but if you search Maccer Maccer posts there's some really vile unnecessary ones.

Good to chat to you again mate....recovered from Wednesday yet? Am getting there but mostly cursing the jammy dippers for their draw! I posed the question a while back of would we rather have an easier draw or bigger teams and unanimously we wanted the glamour ties....which we sure got....but it sure makes life tough!

Good reaction tomorrow at Bournemouth I fancy!
Only just recovering now. Still thinking on their 2nd, intrigued as to different peoples opinions on fault. Don't know if you saw this
Having read (and posted once or twice) through this thread. It's interesting to see who people thought were to blame for Juve's 2nd goal;
1 Lloris - for not coming out.
2 Trippier - for stopping and waving hand in the air.
3 Sanchez - for allowing Higuain to turn him.
4 Jan - for not dropping off.
5 Dembele - for trying to close down their defence and not staying in position (mine)
6 Davies - don't know why (pretty sure someone on here mentioned him!!!!)

I don't disagree with any of the above but maybe it was all of the above, maybe it was none of the above, or maybe, just maybe, it's one of them things that happen in a match.
Or possibly good play by them.

Interesting point re drawing big team or not. i.e progress to semi/final, but then we would get accused of easy draw/not having played anyone, as in FA cup.
Strangely, for some reason. I'm more nervous about Bournemouth than I was about Juve.
and look how that turned out.

Only just recovering now. Still thinking on their 2nd, intrigued as to different peoples opinions on fault. Don't know if you saw this

Interesting point re drawing big team or not. i.e progress to semi/final, but then we would get accused of easy draw/not having played anyone, as in FA cup.
Strangely, for some reason. I'm more nervous about Bournemouth than I was about Juve.

Hard to know who to blame as such as I thought we played well, could have gone through but denied by a slow response to a tactical juve change so not sure if blame is the right word or good tactics by oppo manager.
I still maintain that an outfield captain may have had a calming/get concentrating influence on us after their first went in...you know that keep it tight, switch the hell on and draw the sting out of them for ten mins or so. Love Hugo but imo captains belong outfield...I dunno...still reeling a bit but what a ride and I fucking love my team!

Hard to know who to blame as such as I thought we played well, could have gone through but denied by a slow response to a tactical juve change so not sure if blame is the right word or good tactics by oppo manager.
I still maintain that an outfield captain may have had a calming/get concentrating influence on us after their first went in...you know that keep it tight, switch the hell on and draw the sting out of them for ten mins or so. Love Hugo but imo captains belong outfield...I dunno...still reeling a bit but what a ride and I fucking love my team!
Don't mind Hugo being captain, but totally agree with your point, the old saying (can't remember who) "there should be 11 captains on the pitch". Maybe Toby would have been that. Hard to see who else in the squad has that (has to be defence/ midfield imo). Also maybe Poch could have brought on another DM/defender.
Would never say we weren't good enough, just one of those things.
Here's to next year going further.

I jump out of aircraft for fun and as you can imagine when it goes wrong, a lot of analysis goes into why it happened. The same applies to car and aircraft crashes.
In all accidents, pretty much, there is a common reason.
There is rarely one big single error that causes a catastrophic outcome, it it's normally a catalogue of small errors that occur, often culminating in poor judgemental errors trying to correct the earlier ones in the chain that result in total error.
Both goals would have been prevented if a lot of people had been able to fortell the future.
Accept it for what it is. They had set a pattern of behaviour, and when they suddenly clicked out of it we, as a team, were slow to react and they scored.
Finding a scapegoat is unhelpful, working out a better way of dealing with teams unable to compete on an equal basis and who resort to cheating and violence is a more productive way forward.
IMHO

Voted you for the bin you cunt, lets hope others follow .
If you feel the need to do so - attack the content of the post, and not the poster.
None of us have any real idea of who we are communicating with, well enough, to make accurate judgements on.
Rabble rousing for punishment should be an offence in its own right IMO.

I jump out of aircraft for fun and as you can imagine when it goes wrong, a lot of analysis goes into why it happened. The same applies to car and aircraft crashes.
In all accidents, pretty much, there is a common reason.
There is rarely one big single error that causes a catastrophic outcome, it it's normally a catalogue of small errors that occur, often culminating in poor judgemental errors trying to correct the earlier ones in the chain that result in total error.
Both goals would have been prevented if a lot of people had been able to fortell the future.
Accept it for what it is. They had set a pattern of behaviour, and when they suddenly clicked out of it we, as a team, were slow to react and they scored.
Finding a scapegoat is unhelpful, working out a better way of dealing with teams unable to compete on an equal basis and who resort to cheating and violence is a more productive way forward.
IMHO
Agree, and that is the point of what I was trying to say. Lots of people (inc. me) blaming an individual error, rather than accepting that possibly it was a compilation of small errors or as I said "just one of those things"

I'll tell you what is very odd.

No Spurs fan has brought this up. You have read no doubt all the posts from people on hear, there thoughts on the game, their disappointments, how they feel, some angry, some upset, most proud and the odd one ranting that we are shit and bottlers. But at no point after the game did a single Spurs fan say a word about it.

It only gets bought up by a Juventus fan, followed by another Juve fan and then another, all specifically upset with what Poch has said, which as you can see he was responding to a direct question from a journalist on his thoughts following an article written in a French newspaper. Poch answered the question. But at no point have Juve fans stopped to ask why their owners/presidents are talking to a match official before and during the game. In fact you are all defensive about it, acting like Lance Armstrong when he was asked if he takes drugs.

I suspect you are very, very worried if there are repercussion from this. I suspect that given your match fixing past that you are thinking, ah fuck not again. So, just like Lance Armstrong you go on the attack to deflect any possible guilt. You haven't heard one Spurs fan moan about the unsportsmanlike behaviour of Allegri for not shaking Poch's hand at the end of the game in Turin, yet you lot are crying about him being unsportsmanlike like by answering a direct question from a journalist who spotted your owners behaving in an inappropriate way. When I've asked every single one of you Juve fans on this forum what are your thoughts on your owners actions, not one of you (including you) have answered the question. Unlike Poch when asked a question you've all responded like bitches, not one of you giving an opinion on it, either ignoring the question or still upset with the answer you are all ashamed to hear. Like I said odd.

Guido it is not like you described I was replying to a another post,and I found the interview less classy than I would have expected from Pochettino, but in any case I am a guest and I do not wish to abuse your hospitality, good luck with the FA cup and hopefully we will have new opportunities to talk about football rather than anything else in the future :)

Last edited:
Guido it is not like you described I was replying to a another post,and I found the interview less classy than I would have expected from Pochettino, but in any case I am a guest and I do not wish to abuse your hospitality, good luck with the FA cup and hopefully we will have new opportunities to talk about football rather than anything else in the future :)
I'm sure we will. If Angelli remains at the dinner table than obviously football is all that's left to talk about.

Sometimes you lose to teams and they earn your respect and you wish them well and sometimes you lose to clubs and they earn your contempt, Juve is latter. I hope you get thrashed in the next round rather than bore your way to another final only to get thrashed and outplayed again. Horrible team, horrible classless club. Old Lady? You're nothing but a dirty slag who takes it up the arse.

My abiding memory of playing you
is one your thugs trying to kneecap one of our players because he was too good for him.

Sometimes you lose to teams and they earn your respect and you wish them well and sometimes you lose to clubs and they earn your contempt, Juve is latter. I hope you get thrashed in the next round rather than bore your way to another final only to get thrashed and outplayed again. Horrible team, horrible classless club. Old Lady? You're nothing but a dirty slag who takes it up the arse.

is one your thugs trying to kneecap one of our players because he was too good for him.
I hope they get thrashed too.

Unless they play Liverpool, Chelsea, ManU or ManC.

Fair enough, my abiding memory of you will be not only of a sore looser, but of a gigantic racist moron for your stupid comment earlier in the thread,

Back
Top Bottom