Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton and Hove Albion | FA Cup 4th Round | Saturday 5 Feb | 8pm KO | FFS Boris Extend HS2 to Brighton TFC has transport issues

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like Mendy and Greenwood you mean, or does this only apply to players we might be interested in signing?

That's a bit of a false equivalence...in no way am I advocating signing him but cases should be judged on an individual basis. We know what Greenwood has done, there's literal evidence in public, Mendy has been charged with multiple counts and the law deemed him unsafe to the public that they denied him bail.

The fact that Brighton are still playing him and clubs are still interested suggests that we need to be as fair to him as the justice system suggests.

That's a bit of a false equivalence...in no way am I advocating signing him but cases should be judged on an individual basis. We know what Greenwood has done, there's literal evidence in public, Mendy has been charged with multiple counts and the law deemed him unsafe to the public that they denied him bail.

The fact that Brighton are still playing him and clubs are still interested suggests that we need to be as fair to him as the justice system suggests.

"Interest" is a very vague term in this context.....

You can bet no club is gonna roll a £50m dice on him until he is in the clear.

That's not a matter of judgement of guilt; that's a simple matter of risk management.

That's not a matter of judgement of guilt; that's a simple matter of risk management.

K...but either way it cannot be compared to the other 2 cases

He’s innocent until he’s proven guilty

Come on

I don't care if he is innocent. My concern is buying a £50,000,000 player who promptly gets banged up for years.
It would be utter madness for anyone to buy him now until this is resolved.
The only team that even sniffed in January was Newcastle who could probably lose that kind of money down the sofa and not noticed it was gone.

K...but either way it cannot be compared to the other 2 cases

It amounts to the same matter of risk..... Again "innocent until proven guilty" is irrelevant in this context.

We're talking about whether or not it's wise to sign him; not convicting him.

Unless I'm mistaken; no-one here has categorically said he is guilty of those crimes.

Last edited:
Like Mendy and Greenwood you mean, or does this only apply to players we might be interested in signing?
Mendy has been remanded, this suggests the weight of evidence is overwhelming

Greenwood it appears he also is going to be found guilty … of what I’m not totally sure but I will add there’s a curiosity to this case with the dad coming out with that statement and the whole use of social media …. Now my opinion is I think he’s done something terrible but I absolutely would like that to be fully investigated and proper procedure carried out to demonstrate his guilt

So sure, my position is fallible when you have evidence in the public domain or the use of the remand system but if in this country we didn’t stick to guilt proven beyond reasonable doubt the old bill would be locking up a whole mix of innocent and guilty persons for unduly long sentences

The police are agents of the CPS and the justice system is best we have to determine guilt …. It would be arrogant to assume I have a better solution. I don’t

Therefore innocent until proven guilty

To suggest I base any opinion on the transfer strategy of THFC is a bit crass imo

And that’s fair enough because ultimately the club is purchasing the player on what is ultimately a ‘futures’ contract

So you need to carry out due diligence on what will affect his value for the future length of the contract

That’s sensible business and no judgement of the present day situation

Back
Top Bottom