Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just finished a lovely pizza and sitting on the steps of the Market Place.
My opinion of the game was we had an excellent first half, probably the best we've played in a long time. However, I just knew that we would run out of steam in the second half. There's no getting away from it, and it pains me to say it, the chavs have got a terrific team and an excellent manager, and I can't see anyone bettering them in the league:(
My highlights were seeing Stevie before the game and at half time (was he a little drunk?), seeing Paul Coyte getting emotional at the reception he got from the fans, and Emerson giving me a thumbs up, when I called out his name - yes, I am THAT close.
Wasn't expecting much from this game, so we need to regroup and move on. That first half should give the players some confidence for the next games.
Feel embarassed for offering excuses for the players on such a day - but Chelsea played tuesday, we played thursday in the week - and you all know the injury/quarantine situation.

In a strictly tactical sense maybe today wasn't the day for a high press end to end game ?

So predictable. I have to feel for players like dier and hojberg having lazy uninspiring players like dele and lo celso playing in front of them.

With hindsight we should have sold Kane but our owners would probably have trousered most of the money and brought in a couple of prospects, with the objective being to hopefully sell for a profit should they work out.

Still the stadiums amazing.
The hindsight to not selling Kane was that the only buyer refused to pay. Let’s not even do that one

I wouldn't even bother with post match interviews anymore. It's the same regurgitated shite. Only interview them if var has fucked them or something similar and you know it'll be worth watching.
It's always the same bollocks

"We will learn from this"

"We will build on this"

"We played well in parts of the game"

"We need to stick together"

"We will move on to the next game"

Oh boy! So exciting. Get to watch this calamity that is spurs again in 3 days. Buckle up. This is gonna be a shitty ride. Yeehaw
This season is going to be a season of gallows humour, frustration, anger, and apathy.

Mixed in with the odd moment of magic to keep the happy clappers in our fan base convinced there is nothing wrong as we mark off another calendar year trophyless.

This season is going to be a season of gallows humour, frustration, anger, and apathy.

Mixed in with the odd moment of magic to keep the happy clappers in our fan base convinced there is nothing wrong as we mark off another calendar year trophyless.
Not winning a trophy is not an issue. Not competing whilst robbing the highest ticket prices in the world is the issue

That's the right attitude. 3-0 was a cruel scoreline and ultimately came down to the mental strength when the game got difficult. We set up in the right way.
3-0 was kind to us. We gave up after conceding 1 fucking goal

Can't believe how philosophical some people are willing to be after getting beat 3-0 at home, after being beat 3-0 last week.

The happy clappers will no doubt be saying something along the lines of oh well never mind and all the people complaining are just spouting hyperbole.

Not winning a trophy is not an issue. Not competing whilst robbing the highest ticket prices in the world is the issue
Couldn't agree more about the prices. Top prices for mid table football.

I thought I saw a lot of empty seats in the top tier today, can somebody who was at the game confirm? for a massive London derby after we've all been clamouring to return from lockdown that's a worrying sign.

Maybe when the top tier is virtually empty week in week out Levy might actually fucking act.

Good first half. When Chelsea went up a level and introduced Kante we gave up straight away. Second half was pathetic. There are some truly feeble-minded players in our squad, to give them such soft goals as soon as the second half started is embarrassing.

Ndombele had a decent first half but he did not want to get involved in the second half. Kept jogging over to the right wing and hiding. Lo Celso had that one pass to Son and nothing else. Both those players cost more than Kante and they are all we’ve got in terms of technical midfielders. Neither of them would get onto Chelsea’s bench.
That's it. the inherent weakness thoughout our team, it's been there for ages if we're honest. I don't have the faintest idea how we sort it out either, I doubt anyone else does either

3-0 was kind to us. We gave up after conceding 1 fucking goal

Can't believe how philosophical some people are willing to be after getting beat 3-0 at home, after being beat 3-0 last week.
I mean it fucking sucks but putting worse players in a worse formation is not a solution.

We're difficult to break down in that 4-3-3 and we were better in possession than we were against Palace.

I can stomach losing. I honestly can. We're not laying a glove on anyone though. We're lucky if we get out of our own half these days. But keep burying your head if it helps. Can I ask what's acceptable to you come Wednesday and then next Sunday though.

I never said any off it is acceptable I'm saying the issues run deeper then management

Couldn't agree more about the prices. Top prices for mid table football.

I thought I saw a lot of empty seats in the top tier today, can somebody who was at the game confirm? for a massive London derby after we've all been clamouring to return from lockdown that's a worrying sign.

Maybe when the top tier is virtually empty week in week out Levy might actually fucking act.
Act in terms of sacking the fool or cutting prices and offering refunds?

Back
Top Bottom