Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First half was really promising but the 2nd half half was absolute shite.

That was genuinely the worst I've seen us play in a half of football since.... Chelsea last season in the first half.

left on 80mins and I don't usually leave that early but I honestly couldn't watch us get battered like that.

We have to face it, these players are just not good enough. Never going to be. The midfield is just frighteningly bad, player for player. None of them would get near another top 6 team, not a single one.

Hojberg was fucking shocking today. Jogging back, pretending to track players, dreadful on the ball.

We already know Lo Celso and Ndombele aren't good enough. Same for Dele Alli.

Royal and Romero look like they could yet be good signings. Reguilon hasn't had a good game since the first couple of months he signed. He's lucky that he's competing with Davies for his position cos he's been shite for a long time. Can't defend.

Same shit as under Mourinho, whats the plan? How do we move the ball forward? I haven't got a fucking clue!

Sadly too true.

Fed up of it.

3-0 at home.
Its not acceptable. EVER.
Its embarrassing to lose by that scoreline. Don't feel proud or excited by that team. I dread it and my only thoughts now are how can I switch off from the football? Its so sad. Every team looks better than us at the moment.
Rennes - a mid table French team of seasonal potato farmers even looked better than us - that’s League 1 stuff

So many were anti Potter in our manager search but the reality is that is the level of manager we were looking at and, in my view, he is a much better coach and choice that Nuno...
Potter would have been massive - this fraud cunt we hired will set us back 4-5 years min especially since Kane is leaving next summer

If Kane was running around a lot he would still be getting a load of shit. Why should Son not be called out in these games just because he runs about a bit more? I'm not just talking about today though. If Kane has a bad game, the same people rage about it. Son has a bad game, nothing is ever said.

Go have a deeper sift through Sonny's thread and search the term "purple patch"..... You're way off when suggesting he doesn't get criticised.

Last edited:
I agree to an extent. No manager is going to last. He seems a stop gap to me (hence the 2 year contract). However, I will still give him a chance and I'm very encouraged by how we setup and played in the first half.

Second half was poor but I hope we setup the same way against the CP's of the EPL now that our players are available.

Out of curiosity, who would you like to see as our manager? I'd personally love to see us take a risk on a younger, attacking manager (or bring poch back). I feel like the way we compete w the big boys is by catching lightning in a bottle once again...
I'd honestly go all out for Potter. If not him then why not Franks from Brentford. Like you say a young hungry manager who at least attacks. I can stomach today's result if we tried going toe to toe. I can't understand how we've ended up with Nuno. I can't think of a more anti Tottenham manager to be honest.

Couldn't agree more about the prices. Top prices for mid table football.

I thought I saw a lot of empty seats in the top tier today, can somebody who was at the game confirm? for a massive London derby after we've all been clamouring to return from lockdown that's a worrying sign.

Maybe when the top tier is virtually empty week in week out Levy might actually fucking act.
I was high up in the East stand and it was pretty busy.

But it won’t last at this rate

The penny has finally dropped for me - the squad is just not good enough - and with Kane totally disinterested top 8 looks a big ask.
I would not have swapped lamela for Gill but to throw in £20m as well is fucking embarrassing
- enic- levy- Hitchen- paratici - the squad - none of it good enough we are fucked

The penny has finally dropped for me - the squad is just not good enough - and with Kane totally disinterested top 8 looks a big ask.
I would not have swapped lamela for Gill but to throw in £20m as well is fucking embarrassing
- enic- levy- Hitchen- paratici - the squad - none of it good enough we are fucked
Gil for me looks utterly light weight, he could yet be a footballer but he is nowhere near ready. Can see him going out on loan again.

Baffling transfer but we do so many I just shrug at this point.

We basically lost Lamela and Bale and replaced them with a kid. Get you brain around that.

Potter would have been massive - this fraud cunt we hired will set us back 4-5 years min especially since Kane is leaving next summer
He won't set us back at all. I get your emotional but that's garbage, we are exactly where Levy and Mourinho left us.
Worse because Jose made sure he woke up the rater dim Kane to the reality of ENIC before he left, poisoned him good and proper. We ain't getting relegated, we are treading water till the only plan the real fraud( Daniel Levy) reverts to the one right thing he did in 21 years. Mauricio Pochettino. Its his only plan you can even tell they are buying players for him. Only Nuno was desperate enough to take a two year job while our real target worked his notice its risible.

Back
Top Bottom