Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed. Such a petty excuse ain’t it? They spend, so we must allow them to win sort of thing. How about you look at the bigger picture and see why our owners who are one of the richest in the world, fail to put the money onto the football field. If they spent more time worrying about our on field matters, rather than the next Anthony Joshua fight, we might actually be able to compete with Chelsea every year. Unfortunately Levy and our owners are a bunch of cheap skate cunts that don’t give a fuck about on field success.
We know what the problems are at the club mate on field success is to them all good if it happens but is not what they are aiming for.
ENIC are about increasing their portfolio of assets which gives them a bigger profit when they decide to sell.
They have no interest in football other than squeezing money out of every pour to maximise their asset

Or their owner uses his club to launder blood money gained by being best mates with known murderer Putin? Money stolen from Russian peasants.

And lives out of the reaches of justice/taxes in Israel.
To date the premier League nor the British government haven't done much to stop him if as you say is true.
However we can't hide from the fact that they are Uber successful and we are not, ENIC are not nice people either they too are cold hearted businessmen but are unable to produce a football team to be proud of.

Last edited:
I have a bad feeling about today - and the season in general.

We play for counterattacks, which is fine, but it shouldn't be our only weapon. It was the same with Mourinho; it seems like nothing has changed.
I might be wrong, but I have no faith in Nuno. He's not the right profile for the player material. Our players are offensive minded and that's what works. Nuno - and Mourinho in particular - is working with the remnants of Pochettino's past. Basically, our players are meant for a different type of play.
On top of that, Kane is nowhere near his normal self and probably won't be. Mentally, I think he's done with Spurs. Also, we have no creativity in our midfield. This is definitely gonna cost us.

I'm guessing a 2-0 defeat. Goalscorers: Lukaku and Jorginho on a penalty.

Sorry for the pessimism. Just trying to be realistic.

God bless Jimmy . A pure legend .We could only dream of signing his outstanding quality today.
In the 60s we Dared to do .
Today we are a shambles and we may win the odd battle but never the end game under today's cunts .

Last edited:
I think we are going to get absolutely slaughtered today, I hope that isn't the case.

But if we are going to judge this game on the fact we beat City 1-0 at the start of the season then we are in for a shock because the Chavs have a better team than Cheat Code FC imo.
I'm normally a glass half full kinda person and go into games positively, but, I have to agree with you on this one.
My feelings today are "expect the worse, hope for the best".
Will be meeting up with some like minded friends who have already decided that the social aspect of today will override any crap that happens on the pitch.
COYS.

Unless Kane and Son both find top form suddenly this is going to be a hard watch if Chelsea are at it. Think we'll set up to soak up as much pressure as possible and hopefully still be in the game going into the latter stages.

Be a hell of a time for Kane to get back in people's good book and remind a few twonks what a top player he is.

Feeling under the weather and not gonna make this :wall: If anyone wants the ticket(Park Lane, halfway up towards the east, £62) and can do PayPal or something let me know

Every year we are net spend champions or certainly very close to it, I'm sure if we wanted to spend more we could we don't because our chairman is happy to exist in the EPL with occasional run to a semi final or final being the highlights.
Net spend champions?? We're not close to it. That includes building a new stadium and a pandemic. Were not owned by a russian oligarch or an actual oil rich nation
I agree we should be spending more to compete but not at the risk of the club been broke down the line.

Every year we are net spend champions or certainly very close to it, I'm sure if we wanted to spend more we could we don't because our chairman is happy to exist in the EPL with occasional run to a semi final or final being the highlights.
Our main problem is our scouting department is not good enough. Thats where our main problem lies

Back
Top Bottom