Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The midfield is gonna be torn apart and I like both Lo Celso and Ndombele. We can’t play two guys who are naturally more attack oriented when our general strategy is probably going to sit back and hit on the break. It’s like wearing a suit when going skiing.

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong but this midfield might have worked in a Poch team where we’d battle for possession.

That midfield could get seriously overrun, but good on Nuno.

COYS.
Can't get overrun if you never give the ball away.

GIF by Identity

Decent team, hope its not a diamond. Worried about Dier vs Lukaku .

1 x ST vs Dier & Rom should be manageable (there's certainly no pace issues at play).... I think the key is that we don't loose track of Havertz drifting about behind him.

That’s probably our best 11 players except maybe Tanganga. They’ve not played much together and perhaps not all healthy, fit, and in form considering the quarantine shit and Son/Dier passing late fitness tests.

But I’m well up for it now. These are the players we should be relying on and building our best side around.

The midfield is gonna be torn apart and I like both Lo Celso and Ndombele. We can’t play two guys who are naturally more attack oriented when our general strategy is probably going to sit back and hit on the break. It’s like wearing a suit when going to skiing.

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong but this midfield might have worked in a Poch team where we’d battle for possession.
They're missing Kante (their main defensive strength) and have Kepa in goal. If we don't take the game to them today, we never will as long as Nuno is in charge.

Obliviously we know they're very well coached, but on paper that's not exactly a line-up to shit yourself over.

no but as you say they are well coached and it looks a very balanced team. I don’t think Chelsea are the strongest team in the league player for player, that is City but they are about the same as Liverpool. Kante who is on the bench however is incredible and like 2 men.

My only worry is the fitness of the defenders in the 1st team.
RB, 2/3 CBs on the bench.
Scarlett on the bench is a big vote of confidence by Nuno,
COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see that we are adding some creativity back into the side and look like we are going to try to take the game to them. Very interested to see how Nuno has his tactics set out for today.

I just hope we can rely on Tanguy and Gio to put in a good defensive performance as well.

Back
Top Bottom