Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are just levels above us, physically, mentally and ability wise.

Its like men against boys.

We briefly hit on a formula that saw us competing with sides like this for a couple of shortlived seasons but we are back to being nowhere near.

Decent 1st half, then they brought on Kante and changed the shape and we've been chasing shadows all half. We are bringing on kids like Gil who aren't ready for this level, they have players like Kante on the bench.

Different gravy

For those of you that want to know what Ndombele brings………..ever since he went off we haven’t brought the ball out once. We can’t keep the ball, Chavs press and we lose possession. We now have no midfield.

Always look at the performance, we were easily the best side in first half.

My fear from the first half was we’d blow ourselves out, especially playing in Europe on Thursday. They were ruthless with the first goal and lucky with their 2nd. They are European champions and I make them, as most have done the best team in the country.

This I think is our best 11 but it’s NEVER played together once.

But I’m going to checkout of hear now and let the loons point the fingers at all the players they have a predisposed hatred for.
dele is no way in out best 11. No way no how.

The penny has finally dropped for me - the squad is just not good enough - and with Kane totally disinterested top 8 looks a big ask.
I would not have swapped lamela for Gill but to throw in £20m as well is fucking embarrassing
- enic- levy- Hitchen- paratici - the squad - none of it good enough we are fucked

Lamela was one of the few players who always gave a shit. Would have come in useful today.

Just seen the email saying that as well as Carbon Neutral, all the food looks like veggie only ? Have I misread it ? The thought of going on Sunday just gets better and better....

:mourweird:

Fans will be the difference. We don't have the squad those racist cunts do, but, if WHL is at full voice (which it most likely will), then we will at least put up a fight against them, just as we did v City.
Pretty sure I will be hoarse by the time the half time whistle blows. Difference is I won't have a sore hand from banging on the hoardings at the front of the south stand like against City as I'm row 16 on Sunday.
Love it when the stadium is a cauldron of noise just like it was designed to create.

Last edited:
Fans will be the difference. We don't have the squad those racist cunts do, but, if WHL is at full voice (which it most likely will), then we will at least put up a fight against them, just as we did v City.

Even with the horrendous problems we've had since the international break, with a full stadium even our weakened side will have a chance. It's impossible to be as limp as we were in this fixture last season, these players have shown that they do have another gear that is only unlocked when they hear the crowd roaring.

We can be competitive at the very least, make the game a scrap and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom