Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That CP game really fucked us over in so many ways. Chelsea will smell blood and want to humiliate us.
Will we ever even see the possible strongest 11 start for us? No if we’re scared of introducing players.
Are we going to field a bunch of injured and half fit or not match fit players against that well drilled pack of cunts? Perhaps but as much as we need Son and Bergwijn, those two are too precious to rush back from injury.
Nuno should now know there is no alternative seeing Winks or Davies the other day. We need to think forward. Its a free shot as things are, throw Romero, Gil, N’Dombele in deep water and see if they can swim. Give some minutes to Lo Celso, holidays over.
Time some of them take some responsibility and put their reputation on the line instead of hiding.

Lloris
Emerson Sanchez Romero Reguilón
Skipp Højbjerg N’Dombele
Lucas Kane Gil

60’ Lucas > Lo Celso
70’ N’Dombele > Dele Alli
80’ Kane> Scarlett​
Not bad line up. I’d go even more bold and play both gio and ndombele. Drop skipp or just play gio in the Gil/Lucas role. No point fucking about with defensive strategy plus gio does tackle unlike winks and dele. If dele plays we’ve lost he has no pace, loses the ball and cannot tackle. I’d like to see us go back to playing 2 in CM which would skipp Gio and PEH Then 3 in front and Kane up top like we use to. Then give the players a great motivational speech and tell them we owe them for the Stamford bridge debacle few years back and pulling out trousers down the last 4 occasions we’ve played under Jose when lampard was. manager. Fuck it just go at them !

-----------------lloris------------
emerson---sanchez--romero--reg
-----------------PEH-------------------
-----------gio---------ndom-----------
---son----------kane-----------gil

if we are going to lose at least lose while having a go and not stinking the place out.

if we are going to lose at least lose while having a go and not stinking the place out.
No way Gil is starting this game.....

well he should be if we want some final third quality, hes more than good enough and already looks like hes better than majority of squad
Why is he even here? Beardo won't play him. If he doesn't start this game, that will be the final nail in Beardo's coffin for me.
Announce Mourinho!

No way mini Jose will do that.

Two or three defensive mids and Moura in place of Gil

I hope this one has an atmosphere like City but with that little bit of edge that comes with playing these C**TS!

We need to be angry, fired up and fucking at it. I want Hojbjerg Skipp and Dier etc to smash the first Chelsea player they come up against!

we'll need a big lad to keep Lukaku quiet, hopefully Dier is up for it and put him with Romero.

This isn't a game for Sanchez, he's too physically weak. he's been bullied before by big lads like Mitrovic and Wood etc. Think we need Dier to stay on Lukaku.

I hope this one has an atmosphere like City but with that little bit of edge that comes with playing these C**TS!

We need to be angry, fired up and fucking at it. I want Hojbjerg Skipp and Dier etc to smash the first Chelsea player they come up against!

we'll need a big lad to keep Lukaku quiet, hopefully Dier is up for it and put him with Romero.

This isn't a game for Sanchez, he's too physically weak. he's been bullied before by big lads like Mitrovic and Wood etc. Think we need Dier to stay on Lukaku.

dier could barely walk leaving the pitch on Saturday. No way he plays

I can see Beardo Weirdo doing a Gullit and dropping Kane (Shearer) to prove a point just prior to forcing his own sacking / pay-off

I'm half tempted to not go. Over the last five years I've seen us play the Chavs three times, twice at Wembley and at the new gaff. We've lost every fucking time.

Will be another backs to the wall prayer job.

Skipp/Hojbjerg/Dele midfield 3 reinstated. No Gio no Ndombele.

Lloris
Sanchez - Romero - Rodon
Emerson-------------------- Reguilon
Skipp -- Hojberg
GLC
Son -- Kane
I'd go something like this. Build a wall and hope the front 3 can do something. Swap Gio and Ndombele as needed.

Argument to have Bergjwin/Lucas' running power instead of Kane after his Palace shitshow but that obviously won't happen.

This is my line up as well!!! It doesnt make any sense we have skipp and holjberg in the side at the same time we dont have enough attcking potency in the side for that gio and ndom just need to learn a system when one advance the other stays with peh and it should give us more possesion also if not with the little possesion we have we can attack. next year i really think sarr can be our young dembele solid defensely but advances the ball to our attaker then you just play him beside peh or skipp but for now locelso and ndom have to share that job.

Last edited:
This is my line up as well!!! It doesnt make any sense we have skipp and holjberg in the side at the same time we dont have enough attcking potency in the side for that gio and ndom just need to learn a system when one advance the other stays with peh and it should give us more possesion also if not with the little possesion we have we can attack
yea gio is perfect to stay back while ndom goes forward as he dont mind getting into challenges, and his passing range is good he gets it ticking from deep which is what we always need.

Back
Top Bottom