Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Going to watch the team you support should be something to be excited about and look forward to. I’m just dreading it.
No way I'd go to this match, having to listen to that mob sing about being European champions and laughing as they stretch out our arseholes is not my idea of a good time.

but credit to you if you go

I don't fancy our chances for this one. Chelsea are in fantastic form and for us it's really going to be a question of whoever's fit and available. My guess is that Nuno has picked the Carabao Cup game against Wolves to rest what's left of the first team.

I was pleased with Ndombele's performance against Rennes and hope he gets the nod against Chelsea on Sunday. He's the closest thing to a locksmith player that we have and one advantage he has is that Chelsea aren't that used to playing against him so he has the potential to be a surprise package.

It might also be worth playing two up front and giving Dane Scarlett a start. He might do a lot better playing with Kane instead of in place of him. Our best chance of winning this game is to give Chelsea something they're not expecting and hope it throws them out of whack.

I was pleased with Ndombele's performance against Rennes and hope he gets the nod against Chelsea on Sunday. He's the closest thing to a locksmith player that we have and one advantage he has is that Chelsea aren't that used to playing against him so he has the potential to be a surprise package.

It might also be worth playing two up front and giving Dane Scarlett a start. He might do a lot better playing with Kane instead of in place of him. Our best chance of winning this game is to give Chelsea something they're not expecting and hope it throws them out of whack.
Scarlett isn't ready to play Europa Conference.. Chelsea is several steps too far.

Our arse after this game.

5i0e3HT.jpg

I think 9 players are pretty certain to start, but 2 positions unclear atm :

1) I think at least one of Son, Moura or Bergwijn will be fit - giving us our missing forward, if not its between Lo Celso and Dele.
2 ) CM position could be between Ndombele, Lo Celso or Dele - first two should give most creativity whilst Dele could offer another goal threat.

Lloris
Royal, Romero, Rodon, Reguilon
Hojbjerg, Skipp ?
? Kane, Gil
Subs : Gollini, Doherty or Davies, Sanchez, 2 of (Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele), Winks, Scarlett
Not available : Tanganga (suspended), Dier (inj),Sessegnon (inj),probably 2 of Son, Moura, Bergwijn (inj)

I think we will start as below. I have a feeling that Skipp will need a rest and Winks will come in.

Lloris
Royal - Sanchez - Romero - Reguillon
Holjberg - Winks - Alli
Ndombele
Kane - Son

Not convinced any of our back 4 will be able to cope with the strength of Lukaku - so we need to prevent the ball being played to him at all costs.

We need the quality of Ndombele; but if his lack of pressing and workrate leaves us exposed; Skipp will have to replace him and Alli move into the attacking forward position.

Tottenham 2 - 1 Chelsea
Son 05, 23 | Lukaku 45

Tanganga, who was the RB against City.

Lucas and Bergwijn both went of injuried tonight and Son may not be fit. That was the front 3.

Sanchez could be available, but Dier isn't.

So we may only have 5 or 6 of the 11 starters from the City match available Sunday.

Dier and Son are both pushing to be fit.

I'd say Berg and Lucas are out though after last night.

Back
Top Bottom