Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have never watched a game expecting us to get beat. Once again arcspace is hoping we get beaten and a few others are also hoping we do badly so they can come on here and say "I told you so."
Weird how some get their jollies.
I hope Kante is not 100% but either way it will be a tight game and I will enjoy watching us play.
1-0 Kane or Son to score.

I don’t think the team can play a top team like Chelsea and have 2 people who can’t be stuffed to press in the starting 11 - ie Ndombele and Kane.

100%.
A couple of cnuts and if they can't give everything for our club then what chance do we have?

Utterly hacked off by their wretched attitude.

And yet arses still give at least one the time of day.

Fcuking wage thiefs.

Of course, it’s football and will make a win even sweeter… that said, if we play this game ten times unlikely we would win one game, which helps frames the odds and explains the general apathy
What I'm looking for from Nuno is an approach that gives Spurs a chance to win. If they lose 2-0 playing passively I will be a lot more unhappy than if they lose 3-2 and take some chances. Back to the DNA question, if they have to lose then lose as Spurs not as the Tottenham Wolves.

I know that a fair few on here don't like the 3 at the back setup. But I think that with our wingers dropping like flies it is time to roll it out.

Hugo
Sanchez, Dier, Romero
Emerson, Pierre, Dele, Reguilon
Tanguy
Kane, Son
Something like that is what I would put out. If Dier is only fit enough for the bench you slot in Rodon. And if Son is only fit enough for the bench you start Gil. Let Dele be the link between the backline and the attackers. Let Tanguy operate as the playmaker and let Son/Gil act as the runner creating space.

Playing with 3 at the back comes with its own issues but with almost all of our wing players hurt we need to shake things up. Our manager is also used to running such a system. And almost our entire backline has played in one either for Spurs previously, for their former clubs or for their countries.

Training delayed today so that the 3 miscreants from Croatia could take part.
From Mike McGrath , Telegraph.......usually well informed.
Take it from that Sanchez and Romero will start and Lo Celso prob on the bench. Cannot seehim and Tanguy both starting.

I know that a fair few on here don't like the 3 at the back setup. But I think that with our wingers dropping like flies it is time to roll it out.

Hugo
Sanchez, Dier, Romero
Tanguy
Kane, Son
Something like that is what I would put out. If Dier is only fit enough for the bench you slot in Rodon. And if Son is only fit enough for the bench you start Gil. Let Dele be the link between the backline and the attackers. Let Tanguy operate as the playmaker and let Son/Gil act as the runner creating space.

Playing with 3 at the back comes with its own issues but with almost all of our wing players hurt we need to shake things up. Our manager is also used to running such a system. And almost our entire backline has played in one either for Spurs previously, for their former clubs or for their countries.
Not a bad line up i would swap dele and tanguy positions only because if we are playing wingbacks we need more than just kane in the box and tanguy is better carrying the ball from midfield to attack. Or put locelso in for dele the problem is who is picking up the 12 goals a season what dele and eriksen has left from the poch season .

Not a bad line up i would swap dele and tanguy positions only because if we are playing wingbacks we need more than just kane in the box and tanguy is better carrying the ball from midfield to attack. Or put locelso in for dele the problem is who is picking up the 12 goals a season what dele and eriksen has left from the poch season .
Yeah. We'll be reliant on Kane and Son delivering goals. But to be honest that is nothing new and this lineup is obviously a "working with what we have" one due to the injuries.

Without the injuries we could lineup in more of a 3-4-3 or another formation that allows for wingers as well. But currently Gil is our only fit one so you do what ya gotta do.

The perk of this particular lineup is of course that we can add a creative ten. That in theory should be able to add some goals. Tanguy did score from that role under Jose.

If we play Son who is clearly not 100% that is madness.

It would be typical Spurs and fitting with our season to play Son when not fit to try and get something out of a game that we have no hope in, for him to further injure himself and now be unavailable in games we actually need him.

I fully expect him to play as we already seem in desperation mode and short term thinking is the hallmark of a Levy run team.

Hugo
Sanchez, Dier, Romero
Tanguy
Kane, Son

I like 3 at the back with our current team and think that is how we should go but no way do I play Son and no way do I have Alli in there at all especially ahead of Skipp.

I prefer the 3-4-3 style that Atalanta play with it actually being a 3-4-1-2. I think that works well with Kane and Son especially. Tomorrow with no Son maybe a more traditional 3-4-3 with GLC and Gil upfront with Kane. Not ideal but we have no ideal set-up.

I have never watched a game expecting us to get beat. Once again arcspace is hoping we get beaten and a few others are also hoping we do badly so they can come on here and say "I told you so."
Weird how some get their jollies.
I hope Kante is not 100% but either way it will be a tight game and I will enjoy watching us play.
1-0 Kane or Son to score.
I think we will lose, that's not the same as wanting us to lose is it?

On paper it does not look like it will be a tight game though. We have fitness , team chemistry, Kane motivation and tatical issues.

But if we win I will be overjoyed.

Hugo
Sanchez, Dier, Romero
Tanguy
Kane, Son

I like that a lot. It's similar to England at the last world cup with 2 number 8s. Dele breaking forward to arrive late in the box to get on the wing back crosses and Tanguy with a free role.

Nuno won't do that though, 2dms and a passive approach again.

100%.
A couple of cnuts and if they can't give everything for our club then what chance do we have?

Utterly hacked off by their wretched attitude.

And yet arses still give at least one the time of day.

Fcuking wage thiefs.
Kane the wage thief. That's the best one yet bubble blower...o_O:roflmao::roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom