Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Revised, as looks like Son's fit.

*Has there ever been a backline all beginning with the same initial?

3okoNcE.jpg

Gollini, Davies, Dier, Sanchez, Skipp, Sessegnon, Bergwijn, Lo Celso, Dele

Their 2nd string would probably tonk us at the minute, that's how far we've dropped and with the oil money their B team would probably finish just outside the top 4.

I'm expecting nothing other than an absolute hammering and will be well lubricated with beer to soften the blow.
Drunk On One GIF

Pretty sure that's more than beer!

If we play Son who is clearly not 100% that is madness.

It would be typical Spurs and fitting with our season to play Son when not fit to try and get something out of a game that we have no hope in, for him to further injure himself and now be unavailable in games we actually need him.

I fully expect him to play as we already seem in desperation mode and short term thinking is the hallmark of a Levy run team.
I agree but I’d stick him on the bench

I have no idea what players or system we will use tomorrow. I’m sure that if Dier and Davinson are ready they will play, their pairing was the foundation of our good results in the first matches, but who knows if they will be ready.

Without Bergwijn and Lucas it’s very difficult to select an XI, we only have one winger in Gil who I don’t think Nuno is quite ready to start in a match like this. Our other senior attacking options are Lo Celso and Ndombele but they are midfielders and playing them instead of Steve/Lucas will mean another unbalanced XI like we had against Palace.

We could try Emerson as a winger like we did against Rennes but without Tanganga that means Doherty playing RB which is daft. Or we go to a back 5 with Emerson as RWB but that means sacrificing someone else for another CB. Very tough selection for Nuno.

I have no idea what players or system we will use tomorrow. I’m sure that if Dier and Davinson are ready they will play, their pairing was the foundation of our good results in the first matches, but who knows if they will be ready.

Without Bergwijn and Lucas it’s very difficult to select an XI, we only have one winger in Gil who I don’t think Nuno is quite ready to start in a match like this. Our other senior attacking options are Lo Celso and Ndombele but they are midfielders and playing them instead of Steve/Lucas will mean another unbalanced XI like we had against Palace.

We could try Emerson as a winger like we did against Rennes but without Tanganga that means Doherty playing RB which is daft. Or we go to a back 5 with Emerson as RWB but that means sacrificing someone else for another CB. Very tough selection for Nuno.
No way we play Doherty

I agree but I’d stick him on the bench

I would probably be fine with that and even playing him for say 20 mins if by some miracle we have the game close.

I just have a hard time believing that he is 100% and ready to play 90 mins against a very good Chelsea team. Playing him seems like a high risk. very low reward way to get him injured long term.

I think if Son, Bergwijn and Moura are all out we will see Alli play upfront with Kane and Winks come in for Alli.

I'm not sure if that means a front 2, Kane up front alone with 3 behind him or a front 3 with maybe Gil or GLC playing with Kane and Alli.

I would hope that Winks being an unused substitute against Rennes means that Nuno has learned his lesson on him, but I’ve thought that many times before with different managers and they never learn. If you are going to put out a wonky team with an extra midfielder, at least make it a midfielder who has quality (however limited) like Gio or Ndombele. Winks doesn’t offer the team anything other than the most basic set of safety first passes.

Back
Top Bottom