Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would hope that Winks being an unused substitute against Rennes means that Nuno has learned his lesson on him, but I’ve thought that many times before with different managers and they never learn. If you are going to put out a wonky team with an extra midfielder, at least make it a midfielder who has quality (however limited) like Gio or Ndombele. Winks doesn’t offer the team anything other than the most basic set of safety first passes.

My only concern with this is that if you have no plan to start Winks tomorrow then why play an already injured Skipp and risk an injury to PEH against Rennes? What is Nuno's plan if one of them get injured in that game?

I will happy if the reason Winks wasn't played is because he is being frozen out of the team but risking injuries to our decent MFers when we are thin already is a puzzling, if not terrible, decision by Nuno.

Sonny probably isn't fit enough to start, but maybe worth the last half hour. I'd go with a front line of Kane, Gil, and Scarlett. Kane being permitted to drop deep into a Totti-esque role with Scarlet running the channels.

My midfield would be Skipp, PEH, and Ndombele or Gio. Dele could be in with a shout but only if Gio and Ndombele look like their heads are up their arses.

Romero and Reggie must start, and I'd give Royal a run out too. Sanchez probably makes up the rest of that back four given the lack of options and need for strength against Lukaku.

I have never watched a game expecting us to get beat. Once again arcspace is hoping we get beaten and a few others are also hoping we do badly so they can come on here and say "I told you so."
Weird how some get their jollies.
I hope Kante is not 100% but either way it will be a tight game and I will enjoy watching us play.
1-0 Kane or Son to score.
Sorry but you are just chatting shit, I've not come on here ever to say I told you so when we've been shit because its petty and frankly beneath me, its the overly optimistic mob that like to come on here and try and points score.

I'm simply a realist, and the reality is we are shit. I don't like seeing Spurs lose, but coming on saying positive things and blowing optimism smoke up each others ring pieces doesn't change the reality.

Fucking love it if we ekked out the ugliest draw of all time but we are going to rinsed tomorrow.

Would absolutely love to be proved wrong

Sonny probably isn't fit enough to start, but maybe worth the last half hour. I'd go with a front line of Kane, Gil, and Scarlett. Kane being permitted to drop deep into a Totti-esque role with Scarlet running the channels.

My midfield would be Skipp, PEH, and Ndombele or Gio. Dele could be in with a shout but only if Gio and Ndombele look like their heads are up their arses.

Romero and Reggie must start, and I'd give Royal a run out too. Sanchez probably makes up the rest of that back four given the lack of options and need for strength against Lukaku.
Word is Dier training so could feature

Gil, Kane, and Scarlett? Are you aware that the Conference League match was two days ago?

What have you seen of Scarlett that would suggest he's even close to a PL start?

I'm not saying he's another Marcus Edwards, as we exclusively called years back, but I have my comment on save and my finger is hovering over the Post icon...

I think we’re pretty shit and I’m pessimistic enough for the season ahead. For some reason though, I have a bunch we’ll get something out of this tomorrow. No logic or reasoning to it beyond that, just an old fashioned hunch.

Despite his size, Sanchez is far too weak. Dier is the only person who can match Lukaku for strength if we are going to play it like for like.

Good call.

Back
Top Bottom