Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1. Chelsea are European champions.
2. Kante changed the game.
3. The deflected goal deflated the team, with no fight back.
4. Thiago is a class act,
5. Nuno is putting out the best he’s got, but it’s a mid table side.

It seemed such a good idea having Kane on a 6 year contract.

Doesn't seem such a good idea now.

It looks to me as though we've got our very own Ozil situation on our hands

This is not going to end well.

1. Chelsea are European champions.
2. Kante changed the game.
3. The deflected goal deflated the team, with no fight back.
4. Thiago is a class act,
5. Nuno is putting out the best he’s got, but it’s a mid table side.

6) Chelsea were awful in the first half and were always going to be much better in the second after a rocket from their manager. Which was obviously the case.

Stephen Colbert Slow Clap GIF
Post as many gifs as you want mate, won’t make Reguilon a good player

A serious question for those who know - Who has the money to take over the club from Levy/ENIC and assume the debt+splurge money like Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd for a big overhaul? Besos, American consortiums, Russian, Chinese, or Saudis? Levy out is one thing (which is a shared sentiment amongst everyone) but who can seriously invest money in this climate when most of the football clubs are losing money?

Prince Andrew?

I reckon a lot of managers in the game are seeing through Levy's/ ENIC nonsense hence why Potter, Rogers and other managers don't want to come here.
Yep. You are up against it with levy in charge & enic behind it all. If we are honest nuno getting 5th would be a good achievement with the players he has.

Don't recall Son standing up too many times against the best opposition either. Maybe the team is a problem, and not just Harry Kane.
Yh it's true that's why I said we have an attitude problem at the club.

Apart from Lloris and maybe Dier who else calls eachother out.

As teammates they should be asking a hell of a lot more from eachother and they don't.

They just show this shit body language and throw arms about

Kane a waste of space
We should have sold him
Long hard season
Don’t blame the manager. Blame the owners.
I do blame the manager (as well as the board) He is the one coaching these players. Isn't going to turn it around this quick but I see no difference to last season in the way we play. We don't look like we even seen each other before they step onto the pitch.

Good first half. When Chelsea went up a level and introduced Kante we gave up straight away. Second half was pathetic. There are some truly feeble-minded players in our squad, to give them such soft goals as soon as the second half started is embarrassing.

Ndombele had a decent first half but he did not want to get involved in the second half. Kept jogging over to the right wing and hiding. Lo Celso had that one pass to Son and nothing else. Both those players cost more than Kante and they are all we’ve got in terms of technical midfielders. Neither of them would get onto Chelsea’s bench.

If we can play like we did in the first half against the lesser teams we can win games. Whether we like it or not, Chavs have more money and more talent. (At least they SPEND more money). I refuse to judge this team because they did not win today. But.....if they play like they did against Palace, that is another matter.
Lesser clubs like palace

Excuse after excuse.

Santo got sacked from Wolves, a team who finished below us, for a reason.

Can we stop accepting shit in the hope that one day it's going to magically smell better? This isn't fucking Hogwarts. Magic doesn't exist in the real world.
So you'd sack Nuno and try something different?! Give a new manager 5 games and then he's off? I'd rather give him a fucking chance.... No one expected more than 9 points 5 games in...

Back
Top Bottom