Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yh it's true that's why I said we have an attitude problem at the club.

Apart from Lloris and maybe Dier who else calls eachother out.

As teammates they should be asking a hell of a lot more from eachother and they don't.

They just show this shit body language and throw arms about

Don't get me wrong, Kane needs to perform better in big games. But I don't like how he gets so much stick and Son doesn't get a mention, despite offering almost as little. Kane made himself an easy target I suppose. But I'm sick and tired of the favouritism here. Son was as poor as Harry today and not one fucking person has said a thing. Yeah, he's just come back from injury but adrenaline alone gets you through these sort of games, so it's not much of an excuse.

Kane's head has gone. He'll be sold in January hopefully. But Son can do no wrong here and it pisses me off. He's had plenty of games for us where he has been fucking shit, just like Harry.

It seemed such a good idea having Kane on a 6 year contract.

Doesn't seem such a good idea now.

It looks to me as though we've got our very own Ozil situation on our hands

This is not going to end well.

We are nowhere near close to that yet. This is just a slow start and uncreative tactics. Disappointing but nothing to get too upset about for now. On our present crap trajectory it’d be a coup to lock up Kane for the rest of his career.

Don't get me wrong, Kane needs to perform better in big games. But I don't like how he gets so much stick and Son doesn't get a mention, despite offering almost as little. Kane made himself an easy target I suppose. But I'm sick and tired of the favouritism here. Son was as poor as Harry today and not one fucking person has said a thing. Yeah, he's just come back from injury but adrenaline alone gets you through these sort of games, so it's not much of an excuse.

Kane's head has gone. He'll be sold in January hopefully. But Son can do no wrong and it pisses me off.

Son made some good runs today and looked generally more dangerous than Kane imo.

Clearly very disappointing today but there are also plenty of positives and reasons to be optimistic. We’re miles off where the Chavs are and Nuno is only starting to get what will be our core First Team together, fit and focused. The game time for the new players today - against a very well oiled side - will do them good. The approach from the off was positive and the atmosphere was excellent again. With a bit more sharpness up front we could easily have lead at HT. That will come.

Bigger things on my mind today with Jimmy’s passing, but I do think we will see a much better side by the turn of the year. Nuno and the players are all learning and embedding a new system and culture. It takes time.

We should have sold Kane and Ndombele, given the money to Conte to rebuild this squad.

Kane out > 75m + (add ons) = New striker in and a pittance of loose change left over.
Ndombele out > at a big loss 30m (lucky!) = New MFer in.

Then what?

.......Conte still wants 200m to do his summer rebuild.

....And every summer the year after.

Seriously..... Peeps really need to let go of this Conte stuff..... It is and always was a non-starter.

Last edited:
I think
Wouldn't we be better off say, spending sixty odd million on someone who can?

Just a thought.
who actually came off with the idea that he can only play 60 minutes.
Did the coach leave him on and he slept off on the pitch or requested to be taken out?
Kante came on and it elevated their game immediately. Whatever Nuno told the team in the dressing room needs to be let out. I understood taking off Locelso because he was having a mare. Taking out Ndombele who was a part of every chance we got today is not excusable. If his lungs would fail, let them fail, if we are losing a game, you don’t take off your only creative outlet.
Also, I wish we persuaded Aurier to stay. I don’t see the point in Royal

I feel like most people's expectations on this forum are unrealistic. It sucks losing to Chelsea but they are better than us and have more resources right now. They will probably win the title.

We are just getting to the part of the season where our first team can finally start playing together regularly.

I thought it was encouraging the way we set up and the first half performance. Second half was shit but this is to be expected from time to time (new manager/players). We are building!

Can we give the manager a chance? He's trying to figure it out and has been dealt a shit hand. The whole international thing and late appointment really hasn't given him a lot of time to make the squad his own. Let's give home another month or so before throwing him under the bus!
Yeah, there's some decent sense in here. Basically the first time we started what should probably be our first XI (at least if we're going to try and attack on the front foot) and neither Ndombele or Lo Celso seem to be up to speed yet. The fact that it came against Chelsea who are excellent and flying right now was seemingly too early for us to compete beyond half time.

Back
Top Bottom