Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely now ENIC must see it's a wreck that many fans are disconnected from the club, team is second rate and without CL football I highly doubt large sponsorship will come knocking.

Enic have actually done the one thing they're usually good at avoiding - cost us a fortune.

We'll never get the same level of stadium sponsorship that was likely on the table 2 years ago.
We'll never get another offer as big for Kane as we did 2 months ago.

If ENIC can't do their one party trick well anymore, then what's the point in them?

Enic have actually done the one thing they're usually good at avoiding - cost us a fortune.

We'll never get the same level of stadium sponsorship that was likely on the table 2 years ago.
We'll never get another offer as big for Kane as we did 2 months ago.

If ENIC can't do their one party trick well anymore, then what's the point in them?
Mate there is no point in having them surely someone out there would be interested in us as the potential is there and get this club to where it needs to be.
ENIC have had plenty of time over 20 years in fact to turn us into a big successful club they have failed to do that it's time they step aside.
Unfortunately this so called rebuild is going to take years and fans are running out of patience.

Gary Megson will
Get the boogie meister in

dance-funny.gif

I keep hearing about how good the first half was but did Kepa really get tested ? It sort of reminded me of a FA cup game where the underdogs do really well but in the end the better team comes out on top.

Yeah, I'm already sick of hearing about that first half. It was a london derby and we managed to look up for it for 25 minutes, creating half a chance in the process.

Taken as a whole the performance was absolutely vile and as bad as anything last season.

Unless you are Gary Lineker then no Mick, I'm not calling you woke.

But you think because someone disagrees with you, and believe me if you go back and watch it the evidence I gave is there, you can't handle it.

But then again, I most certainly am a sweetiepie, so you're right there!
yep I mistook who you meant, my apologies.

My comments were general, and I have better things to do than over analyse and criticise, because footballers don't play flawless games, because they can't be everywhere at once.

Of course I can handle what you have to say, I think it was unnecessary polarised, critical and carping commentary, which was was I found them annoying. It ignored the fact that good players can't play when they are carrying team mates.

This team is what we have, we don't have the same standard of players, the impact of just one man on their team - Kante was the direct opposite of the impact we got from LoCelso. God knows how he gets to start for Argentina.

Watching Kane's game was hard to take, after all he's done for us. He needs to buck himself up and fast, or no buggers going to want him, at any price Levy will let him go for.

No just correcting the assertion they were successful prior to spending a fuck load, they were not.
How much have we won since 91?

That was 30 years ago. I reckon at least 1/4 of the fans in our stadium yesterday weren't born when we won the FA Cup.

Between us winning the 91 FA Cup and Abramavic buying them, they won it in 97 and 2000, they won the league cup in 98, Uefa Cup Winners Cup winners 98, Uefa Super Cup 98,

Tell me with a straight face they weren't already well ahead of us?

Still not convinced?

Between 96/97 and the 2003/04 season they finished 6th, 4th, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 6th, 4th, 2nd for an average of "4.5th"
In that same period. we finished 13th, 11th, 11th, 15th, 13th, 14th, 14th, 13th for an average league position of 13th

Have you also forgotten that prior to the Jol team of 2006, we hadn't beaten them in a single league game for SIXTEEN years (32 league matches)

Like it or not, they were already comfortably better than us when Abramovic bought them.

Mate there is no point in having them surely someone out there would be interested in us as the potential is there and get this club to where it needs to be.
ENIC have had plenty of time over 20 years in fact to turn us into a big successful club they have failed to do that it's time they step aside.
Unfortunately this so called rebuild is going to take years and fans are running out of patience.

We''ll absolutely never get them out. They are parasitic and have made Spurs their profit cow.
The one way to kill the parasite is to flatline - a horrific turn of events where suddenly their profits turn to significant losses.

None of us really want to go down but a few years in the Championship, having to cut ticket prices and losing all the TV money might make them sell up.

But any new owners at that point would need to take on the massive stadium debt and ideally on as good a term as ENIC blagged it with the bank.

Excuses Reasons

1. Royal still getting up to speed
2. Debut for Romero, who isn't fit
3. Sanchez, Romero, Lo Celso not trained with the squad
4. Son and Dier just back from injury
5. Ndombele just back into squad, and isn't fit
6. We only had 2 days rest between games
7. Kane is disinterested
8. LoCelso is way off the pace and offers little or no creativity

How much have we won since 91?

That was 30 years ago. I reckon at least 1/4 of the fans in our stadium yesterday weren't born when we won the FA Cup.

Between us winning the 91 FA Cup and Abramavic buying them, they won it in 97 and 2000, they won the league cup in 98, Uefa Cup Winners Cup winners 98, Uefa Super Cup 98,

Tell me with a straight face they weren't already well ahead of us?

Still not convinced?

Between 96/97 and the 2003/04 season they finished 6th, 4th, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 6th, 4th, 2nd for an average of "4.5th"
In that same period. we finished 13th, 11th, 11th, 15th, 13th, 14th, 14th, 13th for an average league position of 13th

Have you also forgotten that prior to the Jol team of 2006, we hadn't beaten them in a single league game for SIXTEEN years (32 league matches)

Like it or not, they were already comfortably better than us when Abramovic bought them.
Are you chosing to ignore the point? They were better than us pre Abramovic because they were spending a shit load of money pre Abramovic (on the verge of bankruptcy), original post said they had taken over us pre spending - that's not true.

I have literally in my life never seen a single player make a difference to a game as Kante did today.
Kind of like the reverse happened when he got subbed in the friendly last summer when we got so much better.
He’s a good energetic player and him coming on allowed their FBs to press higher up the field and we just couldn’t cope

It's just as well I'm a fan of 90s nostalgia because it looks like we're about to have a whole season of it.

The most depressing thing is though that we've already had two years of stasis since the Champions League run, we cannot afford to fall further behind but barring a drastic change of spending policy in January I can't see us finishing in the top 6 or 7 this season, and from there it becomes even harder again to catch up next season to the point it's almost impossible. Nuno isn't the cause just a symptom.

Are you chosing to ignore the point? They were better than us pre Abramovic because they were spending a shit load of money pre Abramovic (on the verge of bankruptcy), original post said they had taken over us pre spending - that's not true.

So? We were once one of the big spenders. We blew THEM out of the water to bring Greaves back to England. He was one of theirs but we had more muscle.
We have spent decades out spending West Ham and Chelsea through the 60s 70s and 80s and even into the 90s
We even outbid United on Gazza and Lineker ffs. To claim we are some kind of victim because we're poor is a flat out lie. Most of the period of our success, WE were a money club.

You clearly can't see past your bias and hatred. They had won one less title than us pre 2003
They had 2 European trophies to our 3
They had 2 league cups to our 3
They only one they were notably behind us on was FA cups - 3 Vs 8

So? We were once one of the big spenders. We blew THEM out of the water to bring Greaves back to England. He was one of theirs but we had more muscle.
We have spent decades out spending West Ham and Chelsea through the 60s 70s and 80s and even into the 90s
We even outbid United on Gazza and Lineker ffs. To claim we are some kind of victim because we're poor is a flat out lie. Most of the period of our success, WE were a money club.

You clearly can't see past your bias and hatred. They had won one less title than us pre 2003
They had 2 European trophies to our 3
They had 2 league cups to our 3
They only one they were notably behind us on was FA cups - 3 Vs 8
So I never said we didn't out spend them during our success you made a post saying they took over us prior to spending and have gotten aggressive when it's pointed out that's false.

You've changed the argument to say it doesn't matter if they spent big, an argument I haven't engaged with.

Perhaps you need to check your bias and hatred.

Back
Top Bottom