Tottenham Hotspur Vs Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know that is not what he means however that is the choice we had, Townsend, Dembele, Lamela won't do anything in that role though. I guess in short what I am saying is that he is the best of a bad bunch, which I do not believe is an unfair assessment.

Assist vs Tblisi for the fourth goal of the game
Assist vs Tblisi for the fifth goal of the game
Goal vs Aston Villa, Spurs fourth goal of the game
Goal vs Anzi for the second goal of the game
Assist vs Sheriff for the second goal of the game (10 minutes after coming on)
Assist vs Sunderland for Spurs first goal of the game
Assist vs Southampton for Spurs third goal (which won the game 3-2)
Goal vs Benfica Spurs first goal of the game
Goal vs Benfica Spurs second goal of the game
Goal vs Newcastle Spurs fourth goal of the game
Assist vs Sunderland Spurs third goal of the game

Goal vs QPR first goal of the game
Goal vs QPR third goal of the game
Goal vs Sunderland first goal of the game
Goal vs Woolwich first goal of the game
Assist vs Southampton for the first goal of the game
Goal vs Villa first Spurs goal of the game
Goal vs Stoke first Spurs goal of the game
Goal vs Newcastle second Spurs goal (right after half time to calm nerves)
Assist vs Chelsea for Spurs fourth goal
Goal vs Chelsea fifth Spurs goal (solidify our lead)
Assist vs Crystal Palace for the first goal of the game
Assist vs Burnley for the first goal of the game
Goal vs Burnley first goal of the game
Assist vs Leicester for the first goal of the game
Goal vs Swansea First goal of the game
Goal vs Newcastle First goal of the game
Goal vs Southampton second Spurs goal (equaliser)
Goal vs Hull First goal of the game

Goal vs Stoke second goal of the game
Assist vs Leicester for the first goal of the game

^ the colours are there to resemble different seasons.
Totals: 19 goals, 12 assists = 31 goals scored or assisted in 81 games.

This is all of Chadli contributions in a Spurs shirt, he has scored or assisted the first goal 16 times in 81 games. I think to dismiss Chaldi's contribution is foolish and irrelevant considering we have much more pressing concerns than whether or not to play Chadli. By all means lets question his position when the right side is producing but it simply not, thus we shouldn't focus on Chadli just yet! Also notice the improvement between his first and second season, as with the rest of the team he can improve year on year. I also fully believe that with pace on the right opposition defences can be stretched providing room not just for Kane but for Chadli and Eriksen also.

That looks impressive, and you are right we do have more pressing issues, and he does contribute.

But having said that, I would happily see either Son or Njie picked ahead of him in the next game.
We have signed a couple of options....Im not sure anyone would protest if Chadli was dropped.

Definitely our best performance of the season against a good Everton side just a shame we couldn't stick the ball in the net but if we play like that every week the results will come. As most people have said everyone had a good game, I'm starting to like Dier in defensive midfield at least he puts a foot in and he is only 21 so he can definitely improve as well. I thought Alli done well again of the bench things might have not always come off for him but I like the fact he is trying to get forward and into dangerous areas, on another day he could have scored on the rebound from I think a Kane attempt.

Sunderland up next and hopefully the first 3 points of the season... COYS

That looks impressive, and you are right we do have more pressing issues, and he does contribute.

But having said that, I would happily see either Son or Njie picked ahead of him in the next game.
We have signed a couple of options....Im not sure anyone would protest if Chadli was dropped.
I would protest if Townsend, Pritchard, Dembele or heaven forbid Lamela starts over him at the moment. The most important thing is goals and annoyingly we could add up all the goals and assists in the above time frame from Lamela, Dembele, Townsend, Mason, Bentaleb, (the rest of our midfielders) and all of that combined would be less than what Chadli has produced. I don't understand the logic of removing our 2/3 biggest goal threat when the rest of the team do not contribute.

Bazali Bazali Why do you hate Bentaleb so much?

ok fair question

I'm Spurs and I do not 'hate' any of our players!

I do not even 'hate' our incompetent, stubborn manager!

Bentelab has potential as I've stated in previous posts but he hasn't yet realised it and won't do playing for this clown!

He needs coaching and to play in a system suited to him and this could apply to most of our players!

If Bentelab plays like a cunt giving the ball away needlessly making wreckless challenges I'll call him one or anyone else for that matter!

Some of us need to get real.

You get some posters saying yesterday's performance was 'great'!

It wasn't especially against a very poor side who let us have a lot of possession.

Yes we should have scored at least 3 goals but we didn't.

Yes the referee had a very poor game especially in the 2nd half where IMO he lost control and 6 yellows were ridiculous as it wasn't that sort of game.

Consider who we've played so far.

An out of sorts ManU side who were there for the taking and 3 poor to average sides.

We've only got 3 points!

1 point more than Sunderland, relegation favourites.

Wait until we start playing some decent sides!

This game was just one more which is going to lead to Pooch's sacking by Xmas when we will still be embedded in the bottom half of the table and our season virtually over!

One thing that stuck out for me yesterday was Pooch waiting until 87 min to bring on the promising Pritchard for the headless chicken Mason!
That should have happened at least 20 mins earlier!
WTF was Pritchard supposed to do in 5 mins?

Absolutely clueless!

So no I don't hate Bentelab just the shite football we're playing!

:pochwtf::pochbye:

Mason best position should be behind the striker. Putting him too far back will restrict his offensive capability and movement. But he needs to work on his finishing.
Is there a chance that Pritchard, Mason, Alli and Eriksen are all vying for the same position?? (maybe Alli will settle in a bit deeper) but it seems that after we got rid of all the 'same' CDMs we suddenly have a dearth of AMs...

I thought we were great yesterday against the 12 men of Everton so many positives despite the scoreline being dissapointment. How did Dier not get an Analysis from Jamie (I'm still butthurt that my dad got fired ) Redknap and the gooner on sky he was immense.

I thought we were great yesterday against the 12 men of Everton so many positives despite the scoreline being dissapointment. How did Dier not get an Analysis from Jamie (I'm still butthurt that my dad got fired ) Redknap and the gooner on sky he was immense.

Well well the racist inbred returns!

Got to admire your front!

:nawty:

Got in at 4am not knowing the result and despite being exhausted I watched the full 90 online. Somehow all night I knew this game was going to be 0-0!

Anyway my thoughts.
1. I echo most of you in thinking that was or best performance this season. Tempo, aggression and positive play against yet another side who kept a flat back 4 and always 3 midfielders right in front of them. We mixed pressing with counter attacking to keep them guessing. The tactics were spot on for me. The problem this time was wasteful finishing combined with yet another goalkeeping master class by an away keeper at the lane.

2. I thought every player did their job well, rose in particular was absolutely immense. His aggression, pace and vision makes us a lot more balanced. The only player I was disappointed with was walker. Not just because he yet again alarmist cost us a goal by dicking around on the ball at the back. But more so going forward he just doesn't look confident on the ball once he's made his way into the final third. I couldn't really see who he was supposed to be linking up with. I like the guy, but I'm keen to see how trippier might do out there now.

3. Dier was awesome, but I feel like that performance was his ceiling for now. Against better, more mobile midfields I think he'll still struggle. But fair play for yesterday.

4. We have a team of young guys who seem both completely willig and mostly able to execute Poch's tactical plan. However what we miss from them is that X factor. The ability to go off script just for one moment and provide something of pure inspiration. And quality in order to break a deadlock. Eriksen is capable of this. I'm hoping clint and son may also be the answer to that.

Gutted no leagu football for 2 weeks now but hopefully levy gets one or two more in and we can restart in a more positive way when we face Sunderland.

ok fair question

I'm Spurs and I do not 'hate' any of our players!

I do not even 'hate' our incompetent, stubborn manager!

Bentelab has potential as I've stated in previous posts but he hasn't yet realised it and won't do playing for this clown!

He needs coaching and to play in a system suited to him and this could apply to most of our players!

If Bentelab plays like a cunt giving the ball away needlessly making wreckless challenges I'll call him one or anyone else for that matter!

Some of us need to get real.

You get some posters saying yesterday's performance was 'great'!

It wasn't especially against a very poor side who let us have a lot of possession.

Yes we should have scored at least 3 goals but we didn't.

Yes the referee had a very poor game especially in the 2nd half where IMO he lost control and 6 yellows were ridiculous as it wasn't that sort of game.

Consider who we've played so far.

An out of sorts ManU side who were there for the taking and 3 poor to average sides.

We've only got 3 points!

1 point more than Sunderland, relegation favourites.

Wait until we start playing some decent sides!

This game was just one more which is going to lead to Pooch's sacking by Xmas when we will still be embedded in the bottom half of the table and our season virtually over!

One thing that stuck out for me yesterday was Pooch waiting until 87 min to bring on the promising Pritchard for the headless chicken Mason!
That should have happened at least 20 mins earlier!
WTF was Pritchard supposed to do in 5 mins?

Absolutely clueless!

So no I don't hate Bentelab just the shite football we're playing!

:pochwtf::pochbye:
Did you watch the game yesterday? Both Mason and Bentaleb had good games. How is Pochettino stubborn regarding players? Bentaleb was horrible against United, he was subbed off at the 60th minute and dropped for the next two matches. You also criticised him for giving the ball away, when he had a good shot at goal, yet said nothing when Kane threw the ball away numerous times.

Welp.. Apart from his fuckup I for one thought Walker was good.

I think Trippier has done good in preseason as well, so all for giving him a go.

I'm just wary of changing our defense after a clean sheet. Fucked us over last season with no stability in the back four.

Last edited:
Yes but no one would drop Toby, Rose or Jan right now. Maybe not even Dier...?

Point being, from the off, is that Chadli is not good enough, despite his attributes.
But while Mason, Bentaleb, Dembele Dier (yesterday was his one good game) and the like are playing, Chadli is good enough, only Kane, Eriksen are a class above him (defence excluded).

Mason was quality yesterday, but as mentioned needs to work on his finishing and his corners, beat the first bloody man son

Pochettino out

Did you watch the game yesterday? Both Mason and Bentaleb had good games. How is Pochettino stubborn regarding players? Bentaleb was horrible against United, he was subbed off at the 60th minute and dropped for the next two matches. You also criticised him for giving the ball away, when he had a good shot at goal, yet said nothing when Kane threw the ball away numerous times.

Yes I watched the game yesterday!
Any more stupid questions?

So Poch isn't stubborn regarding players?

:walker-scream:

Back
Top Bottom