Tottenham Hotspur Vs Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would like you to address the rest of my post

So you now think Kane is shit and you wonder why I didn't bother trying to address it!

Have another read of mine and you might learn something but I'm not counting any chickens!

:vertna:

Im talking about the new signings...I think it says a lot about Chadli when most people would be happy to drop him for players they´ve never seen play.

It doesn't say shit about Chadli, but speaks volumes about the stupidity of said people.

The discussion about if his 'only goals and assists' should get him a place in the team is stupid, cause he offers so much more. Second best AM defensively after Dembele, more of a presence in the box on set pieces, and has been our most consistent threat in space - helping us stretch defenses.

And why discuss this now? In the first half against Everton he was the best player out there, the man behind most of what we created. Second half he had a couple of not so good involvements, but still one of the better players.

It doesn't say shit about Chadli, but speaks volumes about the stupidity of said people.

Its not stupidity, its the hope that for once our signings are an improvement. Isnt that the point?

The discussion about if his 'only goals and assists' should get him a place in the team is stupid, cause he offers so much more. Second best AM defensively after Dembele, more of a presence in the box on set pieces, and has been our most consistent threat in space - helping us stretch defenses.

When your competition is Townsend and Lamela, you are going to stand out.

And why discuss this now? In the first half against Everton he was the best player out there, the man behind most of what we created. Second half he had a couple of not so good involvements, but still one of the better players.

Why now? Because next game we have two new players who Id rather see play than Chadli.
He played well yesterday......as I said, thats what he does when the team plays well.
But when we are struggling to break a team down he wont make the difference, or take it upon himself to go and win a game. He´s a passenger, who has good attributes, but no more than that.

Id be happy to see in the next game:

............Bentaleb...............Dier............Dembele

Njie.......................................................................Son

.......................................Kane

Why is that stupid? How many chances does Chadli create for Kane? Fuck all is how many.
Maybe its stupid to want a midfield that actually plays to the strengths of our 30 goal striker, rather than one that leaves him isolated for so long..

Last edited:
Its not stupidity, its the hope that for once our signings are an improvement. Isnt that the point?

When your competition is Townsend and Lamela, you are going to stand out.

Why now? Because next game we have two new players who Id rather see play than Chadli.
He played well yesterday......as I said, thats what he does when the team plays well.
But when we are struggling to break a team down he wont make the difference, or take it upon himself to go and win a game. He´s a passenger, who has good attributes, but no more than that.

Id be happy to see in the next game:

............Bentaleb...............Dier............Dembele

Njie.......................................................................Son

.......................................Kane

Why is that stupid? How many chances does Chadli create for Kane? Fuck all is how many.
Maybe its stupid to want a midfield that actually plays to the strengths of our 30 goal striker, rather than one that leaves him isolated for so long..

He created one of Kane's two big chances yesterday. Not unusual for him to create and don't get credit.

He does nothing when we struggle? I don't remember the details about his every goal and assist last year, but seeing as we struggled in lots of games I'm sure some of goals and assists came in tough games. He scored at 0-0 against Stoke, and assisted Alli for the 0-1 at Leicester.

The only thing you're slightly right about, when it comes to Chadli, is that he is a more standout player when the team as a whole does well. That has to do with him being a disciplined team player, who performs his duties. He isn't our main playmaker or creator, if we can't set him up in decent positions he might seem invisible.

He didn't have the best start to the season - seemed a bit rusty - but yesterday he was back to being one of our best players, and he's by far the least of our worries amongst the front four.

He created one of Kane's two big chances yesterday. Not unusual for him to create and don't get credit.

And how many of Kane´s 30 were from Chadli assists

He scored at 0-0 against Stoke, and assisted Alli for the 0-1 at Leicester.

Like I said, he thrives when we are playing well like we was when we took the lead against Stoke, and the assist for Alli was a misplaced cross for someone else that was over hit

The only thing you're slightly right about, when it comes to Chadli, is that he is a more standout player when the team as a whole does well. That has to do with him being a disciplined team player, who performs his duties. He isn't our main playmaker or creator, if we can't set him up in decent positions he might seem invisible.

Oh slightly right, ok then...disciplined or limited? I say limited

He didn't have the best start to the season - seemed a bit rusty - but yesterday he was back to being one of our best players, and he's by far the least of our worries amongst the front four.

What is our front four exactly?

Kane, Chadli, Lamela, Eriksen.

I know which two Id lose for the new signings

Last edited:
I was quite happy with that performance. There are clearly elements to this side that are beginning to take shape, and with the players who we have, Eriksen, N'Jie and Son we'd have won that match, I am sure.

Would really like to see Trippier play as Walker continues to cause his own team problems but that aside, it was our best performance of the season.

Pity we have this bleedin' international weekend coming up.

Mason was quality yesterday, but as mentioned needs to work on his finishing and his corners, beat the first bloody man son

Pochettino out

We hardly beat the first man at corners no matter who takes them, something Spursy.

Pochettino in

Last edited:
Indeed. If they can't get better at corners they might as well let the opposition have a goal kick. We'd probably be more effective from that anyway.

Yeh I can never figure how a top level player struggles to lift the ball, I can do that and hit it pretty hard as well. Most other teams lift the ball from corners. Maybe our trainings is fucked up.

Mason: I'm going to take the corner.
Poch: make sure you hit it low and at the first defender so he can clear it back to our defence.
Mason: don't really need most of our defence up for this corner then.
Poch: we do so we can fool the opposition into thinking we are going to take a proper corner.
Mason: ah right get it, shit corner then build from the back.
Poch: exactly!

Yeh I can never figure how a top level player struggles to lift the ball, I can do that and hit it pretty hard as well. Most other teams lift the ball from corners. Maybe our trainings is fucked up.

Mason: I'm going to take the corner.
Poch: make sure you hit it low and at the first defender so he can clear it back to our defence.
Mason: don't really need most of our defence up for this corner then.
Poch: we do so we can fool the opposition into thinking we are going to take a proper corner.
Mason: ah right get it, shit corner then build from the back.
Poch: exactly!
Were you watching the game then. How many of Mason's corners did not clear the first man? We had 3 corners mate.
I remember his taking two that cleared the first man,, one at my end, that Alderweireld nearly scored from.
Eriksen don't do any better does he?

Were you watching the game then. How many of Mason's corners did not clear the first man? We had 3 corners mate.
I remember his taking two that cleared the first man,, one at my end, that Alderweireld nearly scored from.
Eriksen don't do any better does he?

That was kind of my point Spurs players in general are bad at corners. I remember reading that a season ago we had the worse coversion rate stats of any prem team. This wasn't directly aimed at Mason just our general approach to corners and yes Eriksen probably is worse, I'd love to know how many corners he has mis-hit.

FFS, some of you cunts want to go once in a while. No, better still stay away as we don't need anymore negativity at WHL. Yesterday's atmosphere was less toxic than usual. Reminiscent of 'one Danny Thomas' when kane mised/howard saved his chance.
We played well enough. The defence looked more solid. We really restricted Everton who , to give them credit, defended really well.
We passed the ball better and there were some nice moves. Players wee interchanging and Dembele has come on leaps and bounds tbh. I watched Alderweireld closely and he organises well. Same for Dier, he sort of marshalled the midfield.
All that was missing was the goal. I am sure the goals will come.
If those Mason chances would have fallen on his right foot maybe different outcomes. However, you have to give Howard some credit too.

That was kind of my point Spurs players in general are bad at corners. I remember reading that a season ago we had the worse coversion rate stats of any prem team. This wasn't directly aimed at Mason just our general approach to corners and yes Eriksen probably is worse, I'd love to know how many corners he has mis-hit.
Sorry then xx

Edit; for my own reasons I have a soft spot for Ryan. I also happen to think that he's not as shit as people say.

Fuck of polyester boy just because your benefits are a day late because of the bank holiday.shit club shit support shit team .You deserve Kenwright another fat scouse cunt and that sombrero wearing redundent waiter as a manager .Every decent player wants to leave you they can,t afford the premiums on house insurance .Best thing about your shithole is the road out .just fuck of you tracksuit wearing benefit parasite .

Also we have scored 50% of our goals from corners this season :)

Back
Top Bottom