Tottenham Hotspur vs. Juventus - Tuesday, February 13th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They can have anyone they like up front, if they play as deep as they did on Tuesday they’ll do absolutely fuck all
I agree but I don't see them sitting back, we have the advantage as they have to score. To be honest we're in a bit of a weird situation. Not sure whether we should just play our normal game and try to control possession, or if we would be better sitting back like against Real Madrid, Dortmund etc. I'm not sure juve are weak enough at the back for the latter to work.

I agree but I don't see them sitting back, we have the advantage as they have to score. To be honest we're in a bit of a weird situation. Not sure whether we should just play our normal game and try to control possession, or if we would be better sitting back like against Real Madrid, Dortmund etc. I'm not sure juve are weak enough at the back for the latter to work.

Definitely in a weird position like you say. I just feel if they play as deep as they did on Tuesday we’ll pick them apart again, and if they come at us (which they arguably need to do and is how I think the game will go) we can destroy them on the counter like we did against Madrid and Dortmund. We can play either way but I’m not sure they can with confidence

Hope we turn the tables and we get the early goal. Then they will be forced to desperately attack - something not in their usual approach.

Dumb question from a newbie...I know the tie break is away goals, but if it happens to be 2-2 after 90, what happens? Extra time? Straight to PKs? I'd hope for 30 mins of extra time, our young team would thrive.

Better yet, let's put it away early and enjoy the hell out of it...

2-2 after 90 goes to 30 extra then PKs. 1-1 or 0-0 we win straight at 90. 3-3 or above they win at 90 or aet. Obviously the winner on the night is straight through.

Hello from a fairly new fan from the States. Just found the board recently and had to join after the game.
My son and I became fans 4 years ago. Wanted to adopt an EPL team and put him in charge of picking one for us. Only caveat, did not want to be a bandwagon type and jump in with Man U or City. He made the wise choice and we've been big fans since then. Took a while to understand all the Cups, Europa, CL, etc, but we are there.

What a great performance! I missed the first 25 mins because I was on a plane. So I take responsibility for the poor start. Watched the rest from the airport while waiting on a connection.

Question for you guys - assuming Toby comes back 100% soon, what does that do to our lineup/formation? Sanchez has been a bit shaky of late imo. (he's young and the stage has been huge) Looking forward to having Toby and Jan reunited out there. Huge boost to an already good defense.
Good choice, welcome aboard and all that good stuff, but, ah....
It's defence.
Toodles

2-2 after 90 goes to 30 extra then PKs. 1-1 or 0-0 we win straight at 90. 3-3 or above they win at 90 or aet. Obviously the winner on the night is straight through.
Of course, the proper thing to do at 2 all after 90 minutes would be to let the side with the most amount of Englishmen on the team go through.
On the basis of better breeding and good manners.
Plus, we invented the bloody game in the first place.

Of course, the proper thing to do at 2 all after 90 minutes would be to let the side with the most amount of Englishmen on the team go through.
On the basis of better breeding and good manners.
Plus, we invented the bloody game in the first place.

That is just stupid and unfair.... it should be based on the team that played the best football haha.

Every time you read anything about him it changes, originally I see he was out just for the first leg, then I read he was definitely out for both legs and now he is back again. I will just wait for the night and see the starting line up, would rather he was playing so when we win there will be no excuses as to why they lost.

Last edited:
For sure they won't come at us unless we score. They will sit back and try and get something on the break and if not go for it in the last 10-15 mins.

Heard this Italian journo on radio the other day saying he blamed Juve for the draw by sitting too deep thinking the tea was over after 10 mins but my take on it was that our midfield, in particular Moose and Eriksen, just forced them back
Great the way we didn’t panic and just played our normal game

3-1 home tie

Quietly confident

For sure they won't come at us unless we score. They will sit back and try and get something on the break and if not go for it in the last 10-15 mins.

We need to be ultra disciplined imo. If they do think they can suck us in and hit us on the counter we need to remind them that it's them who need to score.

As excruciating as 90 mins of pure defending would be. I think we would be much better passing the ball in our own half and forcing them to come and get it. Then as the game goes on they will be forced to over commit and we can put them to bed.

Similar to the Brighton game recently: We where 1-0 up and where trying to kill the game off and where still pressing for a second at 80 odd mins even though Brighton where putting zero pressure on us in our own half and looked dangerous on the break. It was unnecessary.

Heard this Italian journo on radio the other day saying he blamed Juve for the draw by sitting too deep thinking the tea was over after 10 mins but my take on it was that our midfield, in particular Moose and Eriksen, just forced them back
Great the way we didn’t panic and just played our normal game

Bit of both id say, over confidence in their defensive ability and complacency that we would have lost our spirit due to the sucker punch of being two down after ten. Once the incentive was ours it was them that were on the ropes even at 2 down.

If a genie offered you a promise that Juve will only score 1 goal, but there is no guarantee on how many Spurs will score of whether we will score at all, would you take it?

Lets just do what they would do to us and play for the 0-0 draw ha ha.I have no doubt that they will play how they did the other day, until the 80th minute they will still be playing for a win on the day, 1-0 at any point of the game suites them down to the ground.

For the sake of football fans everywhere I hope we score first and we score early! At least we had practice games against United and Woolwich who played to not lose rather than to win. Good preparations to play any Italian team.

Ngiz9OB.jpg

No idea if something like this has already been posted, I'm not gonna wade through 93 pages - but I managed to get this shot from the highlights clearly showing their first goal was offside...

po3LG02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom